Viewing Menus in Navigator App

KroozNut

37 minutes ago, JBCall said:

How far in advance can you see the menus? 

On my android phone when I press the menu button the app doesn't do anything.  I am about 14 weeks from my Alaska cruise.

I can see the menus now, after a brief period of not being able to see them. We're about 6 weeks out from our Mexico sailing.

1 hour ago, JBCall said:

How far in advance can you see the menus? 

On my android phone when I press the menu button the app doesn't do anything.  I am about 14 weeks from my Alaska cruise.

Each day's menus become available that day. You can start seeing them about 14 weeks from now 😀

4 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Oh, okay. I'm thinking that your pier test was specifically a Hawaii requirement, and not universal for all itineraries. As an example, for our Mexico cruise in April out of San Diego, I don't think we will be tested again at the pier in San Diego. The 2-day prior to sailing test is the only test requirement as far as I know, but I suppose I could be surprised.

As far as I know, Hawaii destinations are the only ones requiring a pier test, although the Panama Canal cruises have been testing on board for the canal passage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

Each day's menus become available that day. You can start seeing them about 14 weeks from now 😀

I can see sample menus now for all dining and beverage venues onboard. We sail in about 6 weeks.. 😀

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

How do you see them, I still cannot see any menus on the app?

I just click on a dining or other food/beverage venue on the main page, for example Main Dining Room, Lido Buffet, Room Service, Ocean Bar or whatever. Then I scroll down to the bottom of that page and there are buttons to click on to see the various sample menus for that venue.

• Like 1

I guess I spoke too soon.  For some reason, I had to log in to the Navigator app on my iPad (I've always just been able to tap on it and *poof*, I'm in), and now the place where the menus appear is gone.   Grrr.   We enjoyed sitting at our kitchen table having dinner, reading the menu and deciding what we'd have as an alternate to what was on our plates.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I guess I spoke too soon.  For some reason, I had to log in to the Navigator app on my iPad (I've always just been able to tap on it and *poof*, I'm in), and now the place where the menus appear is gone.   Grrr.   We enjoyed sitting at our kitchen table having dinner, reading the menu and deciding what we'd have as an alternate to what was on our plates.

That’s the same as my iPad, just a sample menu comes up, for a single evening in the mdr. ( and it never changes) There are menus for Pinnacle, Canaletto, but not the daily ones that used to come up for mdr and Lido. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

The Navigator app is next to worthless and there is no excuse for HAL's IT department not fixing the bugs. I have done everything recommended and still cannot see any menus on my Galaxy S20 phone and S7 tablet. I am not the only one having this problem as hundreds have posted on various threads about this issue. More I Pad and I phone users seem to have it working but mostly the Android users have it not working. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunmore2 said:

That’s the same as my iPad, just a sample menu comes up, for a single evening in the mdr. ( and it never changes) There are menus for Pinnacle, Canaletto, but not the daily ones that used to come up for mdr and Lido. 

I get none of the menus on my Samsung devises.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

I don't even get the sample menus any more!   It is frustrating, no matter what kind of device one has.

I have sent emails to the HAL IT department about the problems and bugs with this app, I get back the auto generated email saying they will have an answer back within 24 hours, which never happens. The IT department works about as good as this lousy app.

I have future cruises on Celebrity and I can see every menu in every restaurant and bar for cruises this year and next year, never a problem with them. HAL could learn something from Celebrity on how to run an app.

• Like 2

I finally got a response from the Navigator IT people and they admit there is a problem that will be corrected in their next update release by the end of this month.

Navigator Support

4:30 PM (4 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hi Mr. *******,

We have a fix for this in our next release which is being deployed the last week of March. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

0?ui=2&ik=a93018aba1&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1726681921382652815&th=17f6680f241a1b8f&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-sKY9kuDwiI3UeWe64j-tQuIsi7mizi1ZLt5vGDSS3qerUhaTedffNHZKQDyn02riocR4m6uHKD0DeBlOyzAZXELL99e0Q9P5xDC_3PRGFde7oDR2doE_XYZk&disp=emb
Navigator Technical Support

Holland America Line
navigator.support@hollandamerica.com

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, terrydtx said:

The Navigator app is next to worthless and there is no excuse for HAL's IT department not fixing the bugs. I have done everything recommended and still cannot see any menus on my Galaxy S20 phone and S7 tablet. I am not the only one having this problem as hundreds have posted on various threads about this issue. More I Pad and I phone users seem to have it working but mostly the Android users have it not working. 

It comes and goes on my iPhone. I’m 3 weeks out and one day I have events showing and the next day they’re gone. 

15 minutes ago, Bucketlist22 said:

It comes and goes on my iPhone. I’m 3 weeks out and one day I have events showing and the next day they’re gone. 

See my post above #46, looks like the Navigator Tech people have a fix coming in the last week of this month. I hope this fixes the issues.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

See my post above #46, looks like the Navigator Tech people have a fix coming in the last week of this month. I hope this fixes the issues.

I’m glad you contacted them and thank you for sharing the info. We leave in May so I’m eager to see things happening. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Where do you (sometimes) see events showing? We're about 5 weeks out..