How do UK based cruisers get testing in UK for USA cruises?

ace2542

• ace2542 changed the title to How do UK based cruisers get testing in UK for USA cruises?

It depends how soon beforehand you are flying out.

You need a negative test in order to enter the US, so if I was flying in one or two days before then I would get tested in the UK before my flight and make sure that the test covers both US entry and NCL's requirements. As NCL just need a supervised Lateral Flow test then I believe the US entry test will serve both purposes. There are various options for testing at most airports.

If you are flying out earlier than that then you will need to test both here and in the US. I'm sure that people on this board will be able to give advice as to where you can get a test once there.

It doesn’t seem easy and we are pretty stressed about it.

We will have a test to fly into USA then as we are staying three nights, will need to have an additional test before boarding.  At the moment, we are anticipating a test locally with whoever is recommended by our travel agent…about ten miles away, drive to Heathrow where we stay overnight before international flight. The morning after arrival, we think to visit Lab Doctor on 17th Street Fort Lauderdale, which is near our hotel.

Some people seem to be saying to order a proctored test to the hotel (observed online- but we don’t feel confident doing this) and others are saying you can have a medical professional visit the hotel.(Expensive and have read some people have been let down at the last minute)

It all seems very complicated but I think what we have planned is the least complicated of the options.

Would be grateful to hear of any other suggestions.

• 3 months later...

You won't need to test before entry into the US now as they have dropped the pre entry test. You would only now need to get a test prior to boarding the cruise. Am sure that someone on here will be able to advise on where to get a test once in the US. We are flying in the day before the cruise so will be tested on the Friday, fly Saturday and board Sunday so will hopefully be ok.

• Like 1

Taking tests from the U.K. works. I was really stressed out about the process, but it was very straightforward. We used Medicspot.

The biggest hassle was matching usa time zone to U.K. so a test at 8am in Denver was conducted at 3pm in U.K. 

If your hotel has good wifi it’s no problem. Our hotel reception printed out our certificates which arrived by email 10 mins after we sent the photo of the negative result.

Will use them again for sure.

• Like 1