"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

4 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Please please do hype videos like that for my cruises! I'll get you the dates!  😃😃

A Google Earth itinerary video would be good too. Thanks in advance!!

If I have the time, when I get back from our vacation I will be more than happy to help out. Give me your email address and I will coordinate once I return home on March 6th. 

• Like 1

This is my tech bundle I will bringing to chronicle our trip, minus the iPhone 12 that I took the pictures with and my Nikon DSLR. 

I have a Lenovo Duet as my traveling eBook reader and a place where I can upload photos and videos to the cloud once I have it off my SD cards, to free up the space. I will bring 512gb of SD card space as well as my 3TB wireless HD, that I can also offload my videos and pictures to via a convenient SD card reader integrated into the drive without hooking the device up to WiFi or a computer. 

There is also a gimbal I’m using to stabilize my iPhone videos (DGI OM5)

The video capture devices I will be using is my GoPro Hero 9 and my iPhone 12, with an excellent mic when needed. But I don’t see me using the mic much. I will post produce my voice overs to the videos .

Photos will be taken with my Nikon DSLR (not pictured) as well as the iPhone.

Everything packs away pretty well and compact.

E43BE1DC-89B7-4F13-B317-CEAB5AC8DB66.jpeg

4313327A-F9D9-45FD-8803-413ADABC6E3D.jpeg

• Like 3

Wife and I love card games. So our cruise always includes packing a deck of cards and some other card game.

I just recently purchased 7 Wonders Duel to play with my wife. It’s a nice travel size game that looks pretty interesting.

We like playing the regular game with people but it’s way to big of a box to pack. This new game will do the trick over our normal Sequence travel size game.

1C771F75-A5B3-4113-BB2F-A2FEC4E3CDA1.jpeg

Edited by binro01
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, peanutzmom said:

We’ll be on the Allure a couple of weeks after you get off. I can’t wait to watch your videos!

Please subscribe to the YouTube channel to be notified once they are uploaded! I will also post in this thread once they are finished.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

I have a Lenovo Duet as my traveling eBook reader and a place where I can upload photos and videos to the cloud once I have it off my SD cards, to free up the space.

Have you uploaded video to the cloud on a ship? Last trip I had Voom Surf+Stream, I was able to upload my photos to a cloud OneDrive account, but the video files were pretty big and the upload would just never complete. I know that upload speeds are slower than download speeds, but not even one of the large video files made it up there. 

Every evening I transfer new photos and video from the camera to my laptop to protect against loss/theft of the camera or a bad SD card. At the end of the trip the camera and laptop are in my backpack, another copy of the files are on a thumb drive packed in my checked suitcase. 

I was hoping to use OneDrive instead of the thumb drive but it just didn't work for me for the video files. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

Have you uploaded video to the cloud on a ship? Last trip I had Voom Surf+Stream, I was able to upload my photos to a cloud OneDrive account, but the video files were pretty big and the upload would just never complete. I know that upload speeds are slower than download speeds, but not even one of the large video files made it up there. 

Every evening I transfer new photos and video from the camera to my laptop to protect against loss/theft of the camera or a bad SD card. At the end of the trip the camera and laptop are in my backpack, another copy of the files are on a thumb drive packed in my checked suitcase. 

I was hoping to use OneDrive instead of the thumb drive but it just didn't work for me for the video files. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will just use my WD external drive as storage for the videos to offload them from the SD cards. 

• Like 2

So today is packing / clothes washing of the new stuff day. We have a total of 9 nights to pack for.

Two pre cruise nights at my parents home in Jupiter Florida, six nights on the Allure of the Seas, and one post cruise night in Fort Lauderdale before our morning flight home to the Salt Lake City freezer.

We are hairless apes for crying out loud. We are not built for this weather. I will morn the loss of warmth when we get back home from vacation. 

My packing list:

4 dress slacks (2 black, 1 beige, 1 white cream)

5 sport shorts.

4 dress shorts.

3 pastel polos

2 cotton/spandex collared golf shirts.

2 white dress shirts

3 button down collared shirts (1 short sleeve)

1 blazer

2 ties

5 nice tee shirts.

3 swimming trunks 

2 swim shirts

1 light jacket

2 pajama bottoms

10 pairs of underwear,

10 pairs of socks

1 pair of dress shoes,

1 pair of sandals (casual dressy)

1 pair of slides,

1 pair of swim shoes,

1 pair of sneakers (worn) 

Bathroom toiletries (travel sized)

The wife’s packing list: everything in the closet till I get rid of 2 suitcases she packed and say “Shrink the contents to fit in one case.”

This will not be an acceptable retort. I will get a scowl, followed by doe eyes that I can’t deny requesting to bring two cases and I give in.

She knows me too well.

Yesterday, she was out and about for foir hours and came back with five giant bags of stuff. I was more annoyed about the four hours in stores than the stuff.

Dang cootie people. We were supposed to be on lockdown before our testing. But she hates buying cloths online, and is a procrastinator to the core.

Now she is battling her beautiful blue eyes again and talking about this wonderful luggage set she saw yesterday. I going to go off on a limb here and predict that I will be placing my items in new luggage today once I’m done with work. It’s a guess, but an educated one.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

I will clearly be under-dressed, packing about half.

We have the Unlimited Dining Package, so lots of specialty dining. We also have the 100 print photo package, so the wife will want me looking sharp in the evenings.

• Like 1

The pups know something is up and it's not including them... Lauren, our old lady (the white chihuahua)
IMG_0920.thumb.jpg.8db8939048926eafe524d6e71e7839f6.jpg
is teaching our new Christmas pups, Arty and Muggsy (the 2 Boston Terriers) how to properly sulk when Mommy and Daddy are packing.IMG_0919.thumb.jpg.b55fd1c7e4ca8542867db74f546f2cc6.jpgIMG_0918.thumb.jpg.fcdfd7232c6db09745d46c6538c7f408.jpg

Edited by binro01
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Lauren, our old lady (the white chihuahua)

is teaching our new Christmas pups, Arty and Muggsy (the 2 Boston Terriers) how to properly sulk when Mommy and Daddy are packing.

It looks like they actually know...

Where do they stay while you are gone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

It looks like they actually know...

Where do they stay while you are gone?

They stay at home. Our twin 18 year old boys are at home along with my Brother In Law (uncle Moe), so they will be well taken care of and spoiled. This is just them letting us know that they know Mom and Dad will not be home.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, binro01 said:

Photos will be taken with my Nikon DSLR (not pictured) as well as the iPhone.

What Nikon are you shooting with? What are your lens. I love my Nikon D3300 with its 24mp but honestly I got great pics from my iPhone 11Pro Max.

So do you have Adobe Lightroom as an app on your phone? If not you need to get it. Really has some amazing features to tweak your photo.

Also the puppies look great. I love French Bull Dogs. They are so cute. I know it will be hard to leave them but sounds like they are in good hands.

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What Nikon are you shooting with? What are your lens. I love my Nikon D3300 with its 24mp but honestly I got great pics from my iPhone 11Pro Max.

So do you have Adobe Lightroom as an app on your phone? If not you need to get it. Really has some amazing features to tweak your photo.

Also the puppies look great. I love French Bull Dogs. They are so cute. I know it will be hard to leave them but sounds like they are in good hands.

I have a D7500, the lens I use a lot is the versatile NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Len, and I agree I get great pics from my iPhone 12 Pro as well. I do have Adobe Lightroom on my phone. It's a great piece of software.

Pupps are a joy. They are Boston Terriers, but many confuse the 2 breeds. Especially when they are laying down. Very similar face, Boston's have a more athletic build in the body.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

I have a D7500, the lens I use a lot is the versatile NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Len, and I agree I get great pics from my iPhone 12 Pro as well. I do have Adobe Lightroom on my phone. It's a great piece of software.

Pupps are a joy. They are Boston Terriers, but many confuse the 2 breeds. Especially when they are laying down. Very similar face, Boston's have a more athletic build in the body.

Great camera and lens. Love Lightroom.

Oops on confusion on the breed. They are beautiful.

• Like 1

I’m a freak. I will be taking the real test in less than 48 hours. But I wanted to see where I am right now. COVID negative! But the wife is out shopping again. Argh! And she said she is running around kissing strangers just to set me on edge.

2AE5E043-CCF1-444E-97B5-5EEC3B199CE4.jpeg

• Like 1