Royal Princess The Enclave vs Thermal Suite

jvaka

We have an upcoming Alaska cruise and on the Lotus Spa services is shows The Enclave at Lotus Spa 7 day pass and Thermal Suite 7 day. What are the differences, cannot find any info. Tried calling Princess but was on hold for twenty minutes.

image.png.437e5d2a339f03ca700d207c1489cfa8.png

• Like 1

It says the same thing when I try to book the enclave on discovery princess.  We were just on Regal or Royal (can't remember which one) in January and I had bought a pass to the enclave and really liked it.  I was confused on the difference on Discovery, so I haven't booked yet. 

I’ve talked to multiple representatives about this.

when you book (for discovery) an asterisk pops up that the thermal suite is extra $. 

many of the reps didn’t have a clear answer. They did say to take a picture of the description and the thermal suite should be included and honored with the picture. Another said if it wasn’t included when I got onboard that I could receive a refund.

I finally got an agent to state that is was included in print so I feel covered.

the whole thing is ridiculous.

Discovery has The Enclave, their version of the old thermal suites.

about $40 per day. You can buy a weekly pass. No windows. Was not drawn to go back on Majestic. When ship gets full, will be even less interested. 

The fact that both are offered on the website is a technical glitch.   Princess is very good at these glitches.    Depending on the class of ship, you have one or the other available.   
------

Grand class ships have the Thermal Suite.   Loungers, steam rooms, showers but No Pool on these older ships.  

Royal class ships have Enclave.  Loungers, steam rooms, showers AND the hot pool inside.   When you watch the spa video on the website they show the pool.   This is ONLY on Royal class ships.  

So first time Princess cruisers and booked the Sky.  

That's the Enclave with all the bells and whistles, I presume. 

Our cruise is 16 nights but the only enclave package for sale on the website was a 7 day pass......Is that a mistake also?  And any idea how they will handle once onboard?  

We could be fine with the 7 day pass.....and it's preferred as this is a TA with the first week at sea when we would want to use it with great frequency....but thinking Princess may have other ideas? 

3 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

So first time Princess cruisers and booked the Sky.  

That's the Enclave with all the bells and whistles, I presume. 

Our cruise is 16 nights but the only enclave package for sale on the website was a 7 day pass......Is that a mistake also?  And any idea how they will handle once onboard?  

We could be fine with the 7 day pass.....and it's preferred as this is a TA with the first week at sea when we would want to use it with great frequency....but thinking Princess may have other ideas? 

Yes full Enclave on Sky. 

No idea what the website gremlins are doing.  You can try to buy it and print and take all your receipts and figure it out onboard … or wait til you are onboard.  No idea how they would handle it.  You can be nice and beg and hope for only 7 days. 

In my experience, they sell the pass for the whole cruise only.  Day passes are rarely offered. 

Is your cruise sold as two shorter cruises? Because that may be why the Enclave is offered for a shorter time, maybe. 

6 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

The fact that both are offered on the website is a technical glitch.   Princess is very good at these glitches.    Depending on the class of ship, you have one or the other available.   
------

Grand class ships have the Thermal Suite.   Loungers, steam rooms, showers but No Pool on these older ships.  

Royal class ships have Enclave.  Loungers, steam rooms, showers AND the hot pool inside.   When you watch the spa video on the website they show the pool.   This is ONLY on Royal class ships.  

Which ships are grand and which are royal class?

2 hours ago, CruisinFinsUp said:

Yes full Enclave on Sky. 

No idea what the website gremlins are doing.  You can try to buy it and print and take all your receipts and figure it out onboard … or wait til you are onboard.  No idea how they would handle it.  You can be nice and beg and hope for only 7 days. 

In my experience, they sell the pass for the whole cruise only.  Day passes are rarely offered. 

Is your cruise sold as two shorter cruises? Because that may be why the Enclave is offered for a shorter time, maybe. 

It's the 16 night Trans Atlantic....Good advice.  I'm planning to take my paid receipt for the 7 day Enclave pass and explain that is what I bought and desire. But I could easily be talked into the 16 day pass w/a discount!

I think they just posted the usual 7 day pass for the Sky to sell and did not realize it was not the usual 7 night "milk run" to the Caribbean. 

For the OP on The Royal. I think The Enclave includes thermal suite not separate.

The Enclave® – The central feature of Princess’ largest-ever thermal suite is the dramatic hydro-therapy pool to help rejuvenate the mind and body with a cascading rain shower and therapeutic air jets in various locations around the pool. Passengers can also choose to relax on heated stone beds or soothing water beds, plus enjoy steam and sauna options using different temperatures, humidity zones, and aroma infusions to offer a sense of rejuvenation. New features include:

• The Hammam – A Turkish-style steam bath to enhance well-being, the Hammam’s warm marble slab is a soothing addition to a massage and can be used with clay, mud or salt treatments.
  • The Caldarium – A feature taken from Roman times, this warm, light steam ceramic chamber offers an infusion of herbal aromas. Walls, floors and seats are heated for a deep penetrating warmth that promotes relaxation.
  • The Laconium – This warm, dry chamber gradually warms the body to help with purification and detoxification.
  • Sensory Showers – Passengers can choose from four different experiences: Tropical Rain, Cold Mist, Rain Shower or Siberian Shower, which also include dynamic mood lighting and aromas to enrich the experience.

Scrub & Shine Bar – As a prelude to any spa treatment, or as an addition to use in The Enclave, passengers can get recommendations from a “mixologist” for the perfect scrubs to complement their treatments. The bar offers a selection of salt and sugar scrubs to choose from, which can be “spiced up” by adding a mixture of herbs.

Treatment Rooms – The Lotus Spa on Royal Princess features more treatment rooms than ever before (a total of 18), including two new luxurious Couples Villas. These private retreats offer a quiet place for time together with side-by-side massage tables, a soothing whirlpool bath, customized music for relaxation and a sitting area with ocean views.

Relaxation Lounge – A private space to relax before a treatment, this comfortable lounge features a calming atmosphere and scenic ocean views. Passengers can enjoy a cup of herbal tea or fruit-infused water as they unwind.

Lotus Spa Salon – Within the spa, a full service salon provides a range of services, including a new “social” nail bar with side-by-side stations for an interactive manicure experience. Also offered here are private teeth whitening stations with individual TVs, pedicure stations and a barber shop for men.

Edited by arizonaperson

6 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

Which ships are grand and which are royal class?

Royal class are Royal, Regal, Sky, Enchanted, Majestic, Discovery.   All the newer, larger ones that look mostly the same.   

The rest are Grand class.  

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Thanks 1