What is going on with Scenic Cruises

mvjcruise

@PhD-iva Indeed, your query is another thing again and needs solving far in advance of what one may call "last minute". I seriously do not understand why the company finds it so hard to be in touch with your TA.

Perhaps going straight to the top with an email would help, good idea of Canal archive. Facebook is usually a place that gets a reaction it seems but I never like the idea of this path being a good one, you know, it is not a customer helpline...

Dunno, customer complaints television documentary? We have that sort of thing. Perhaps over the top as this is not about refunds.

Has CC (news section) actually followed this computer hacking thing beyond the initial event? Just asking.

notamermaid

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

Thanks for the good idea. We would need to have his direct email address, as I doubt they would forward emails to him. Any idea what it might be?

There is a national travel writer, Christopher Elliot, who posts on his web page, the contact info for the heads of many national travel businesses--that might be a place to look.

Thanks to all as I vented my intense frustrations with Scenic/Emerald. After four tries of very long, multi hour holds with the air department, I finally have my flight information (my TA is a saint!).

I decided to upgrade to business as both for the comfort and to get this settled!

• Like 1

Good stuff Phd-iva you can relax in business class ready for your cruise. I’ve done the email thing and been successful as there is no hiding the fact that an email has come through especially if it is addressed to a senior staff member. These companies regularly do digital audits and I’ve got a horrible feeling that it’s something like this that’s resulted in this fiasco. 

• Like 1

I haven't had much need to contact Scenic during the last few weeks, but I did want to ask about the included transfers in Paris.  I sent an email, but haven't gotten any response.  Then I asked my TA to find out, and she was able to get the answer very quickly.  So we will be picked up at Paris Nord and taken to the ship.  A good TA is worth their weight in gold!

On 3/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, Sissi67 said:

Our final documents including the ships phone number should arrive later today or tomorrow. 

Inquiring minds want to know, did you receive your final docs?

No documents yet🙄 but we did receive a fedex package of two backpacks, luggage tags etc. That’s a step forward I guess. 
Counting sleeps now and starting to pack. I’m sure we will have a great 15 days of cruising with Scenic but they sure haven’t made it easy so far! 

Canal archive, not a silly question, I was hopeful when the backpacks arrived but the only documents in them were the medical forms. The final cruise documents will be emailed. I’ll let you know how this goes. 

14 hours ago, mvjcruise said:

Both Scenic and Emerald both have more information on their websites today. I did receive a call today, unfortunately I missed it. 

I see very little on their website. When I open Trip Personalizer, there is nothing about my cruise itinerary or excursions.
Before their IT snafu, I was able to see a day by day description of my itinerary. I’m not able to find that now, maybe it’s some place I’m not looking. But it shouldn’t be so hard to get information.

About 11 weeks to go !

I got our final docs today! Such a relief. And then I found out our gift vouchers were supposed to have been inside the backpacks but thanks to the IT issues they didn’t make it. So they were sent by FedEx today. If I get them I’m turning them into a stress relieving massages on the ship! After all the worrying and chasing after Scenic that seems like a good way to get into the right vacation mode.

According to our local Scenic rep they will continue to have issues for the next few weeks as they go through the backlog of customers. But if we can get going so will the rest of you.

I’ll update somewhere along the way. Time to pack!

• Like 5

Great news @Sissi67

So if I have calculated your dates correctly:

•  cruise starts April 11

•  backpacks received 3/29 [13 days ahead]

•  docs received 3/31 [11 days ahead]

Now I just have to add 14 days to know when to start stressing over my April 25 cruise!  😉

7 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Great news @Sissi67

So if I have calculated your dates correctly:

•  cruise starts April 11

•  backpacks received 3/29 [13 days ahead]

•  docs received 3/31 [11 days ahead]

Now I just have to add 14 days to know when to start stressing over my April 25 cruise!  😉

That’s correct. However, not everyone leaves home the day before the cruise. We fly out on April 5th. So the docs arrived 5 days before flying out and I didn’t know anything about the backpacks until 7 days before leaving home. To me that’s too close for comfort. In fact, the automated email reply from Scenic kept telling me “two to three weeks prior to departure”. The backpacks had been sitting at local FedEx depot for a week and were scheduled to be sent back to FedEx main storage in Calgary yesterday morning. It was sheer luck I picked them up the night before. The only reason I even heard about them was by getting a local Scenic rep’s email address from a friend. He has since stepped up and taken care of us. All the other reps have just promised replies, docs, emails without follow through. Yes, it has been very stressful as this is not a cheap vacation. It’s nerve wrecking to get ready to fly to Europe not knowing if there even is a ship to go to. 
I hope you won’t have any of these issues and they come through with documents soon. If not I’ll give you our reps name and email address.

Sissi67 if you do the salt therapy thing do let us know what it’s like, please.
I must admit Scenic have always sent the paperwork later than I would have thought they should but the extras have always appeared a lot earlier. Have a great cruise I will be with you in spirit I’ve never been on Scenic Opal but have done that cruise about the same time of year it was bitterly cold in Amsterdam I remember. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Has anyone been able to access their Trip Personaliser? We’ve been trying every day with no success. Must say it has been far from a luxurious experience so far. Been a struggle to get answers (which have not always been consistent) or any kind of response. One week until we board so really hope the onboard experience is better.

rn123 I’m sticking my neck out here but over eight cruises with scenic we have never had a bad or even indifferent experience on board and we’ve had a few running up to a cruise. Use your butler - morning tea or coffee at whatever time you want, they’ll sort anything out for you. Check your mini bar if there’s something you know your not going to use ask for it to be removed and more of what you do like added. Book your table at L’mour early if you meet up with another couple pair up then if you want to go again you may be able to book under their name (shush). The bar staff will quickly learn your preference and your name. The coffee/tea/hot chocolate/green and fruit tea machine is in the lounge it’s the most brilliant machine of its kind I’ve ever come across and I’m a coffee fanatic and teas not to bad. Use it at any time or ask a member of staff for a demo although it’s pretty self explanatory. Enjoy I’m with you in spirit.

• Like 2

We're new to Scenic--scheduled on a 15-day cruisetour in June including the Passion Play at Oberammergau--and wondering about the "extras" described.  According to the Scenic website--when you could get full information there--membership in the Scenic Club loyalty program starts AFTER your first cruise.  But the invoice we received from Scenic says "GOLD this cruise."  Wondering if we need to keep an eye out for a physical delivery as Sissi67 described or just the emailed final documents.

And, Sissi67, congratulations on receiving your final documents!  Thank you so much for posting and keeping us all in the loop.  Hope you have a wonderful trip!

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure you should get a back pack. Basically your classed as a gold member from your first cruise you gain points and different levels every time you travel with Scenic we are Diamond level. I’m so impressed your going to Oberammergau I went many many years ago the year before the play was due and you could tell who was playing which part by their hair styles and beards etc.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:27 AM, PhD-iva said:

Before their IT snafu, I was able to see a day by day description of my itinerary. I’m not able to find that now, maybe it’s some place I’m not looking.

For us, it's in an email from "no.reply@scenicglobal.com" with the subject line "Booking Advice for Scenic Booking No. 66...". There are four attachments; the one with the itinerary has the word "Tour" in the title (after the booking number and revision number), e.g. 12345_3_Tour_tour_name.pdf.

Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Canal archive said:

rn123 I’m sticking my neck out here but over eight cruises with scenic we have never had a bad or even indifferent experience on board and we’ve had a few running up to a cruise. Use your butler - morning tea or coffee at whatever time you want, they’ll sort anything out for you. Check your mini bar if there’s something you know your not going to use ask for it to be removed and more of what you do like added. Book your table at L’mour early if you meet up with another couple pair up then if you want to go again you may be able to book under their name (shush). The bar staff will quickly learn your preference and your name. The coffee/tea/hot chocolate/green and fruit tea machine is in the lounge it’s the most brilliant machine of its kind I’ve ever come across and I’m a coffee fanatic and teas not to bad. Use it at any time or ask a member of staff for a demo although it’s pretty self explanatory. Enjoy I’m with you in spirit.

Thanks for this. That’s reassuring and some helpful info.

18 minutes ago, sbjornda said:

I was able to get in just now and confirm everything for my June cruise is still "green".

https://tp.scenicglobal.com/

Best of luck,

Sterling

Still not able to get in. Message says “booking is locked for finalisation” so don’t think we’ll be able to access it before we board. Got our docs emailed today so at least that’s a step forward.