Wrong hotel - at least ACL got it wrong!

BaumD

Doing the Historic South cruise from Amelia Island to Charleston. Researched where the ship docks in Amelia Island and booked the Hampton Inn across the street from the pier for the night before boarding. Received my docs from ACL online which included the Welcome Aboard Booklet, which discusses pier location, packing tips, parking at the pier, boarding procedure and recommended hotel near the pier. When reviewing the booklet, I looked at the address for the recommended pre-night Hampton Inn and realized it as different than the hotel I had booked. PANIC!!  A quick review of Google Maps for the location of the pier and the two different hotels and I discover  that the hotel in the booklet is several miles from the pier, not across the street. I did book the correct hotel after all.

Being a loyal ACL customer, I sent them an email noting their error. A week or two later, the online booklet was corrected with the correct address. Did I receive a reply thanking me for noting the error —NO! I didn’t want a cabin upgrade or a free cruise, all I wanted was a thank you. Hopefully no passengers on this itinerary who booked their hotel before the correction,  walk out of their hotel the morning of the cruise and look for their ship and discover it is 4 miles away on the other side of the island. 

Really sorry to hear this.......not only for your experience but because we're sailing with ACL for the first time next month.  Personally, I rarely book hotels that are recommended by a line, just because have yet to find a good deal on them.  So, we tacked a couple of days on the front and the hotel we chose has a shuttle to take us to the pier. (limited area but it works for us! yay!)

Back to ACL, really holding my breath now for fear their customer service (which had originally heard was good) may have gone by the wayside!  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Not excusing ACL, but there are so many Hampton Inns!  It seems that every interstate exit in America has one. 

Even Hilton Garden Inns get confused:  we were at Heathrow Airport in London last fall, looking for the T2/3 Garden Inn [in the airport], and several people tried to send us 5 miles away to the old Garden Inn in Hounslow!

• Like 1