Covid testing in Honolulu

cwms

Getting on Pride of America next month and have to have a negative PCR test no more than 2 days before departure.  Will be staying in Waikiki for a couple days ahead of the cruise.  Any suggestions on getting the test?  Thanks.

17 hours ago, cwms said:

Getting on Pride of America next month and have to have a negative PCR test no more than 2 days before departure.  Will be staying in Waikiki for a couple days ahead of the cruise.  Any suggestions on getting the test?  Thanks.

You have the option of an antigen test and it can be a proctored self test.

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I'm certain the OP is referring to NCL's requirements to board the ship, not Hawaii's rules.

Yes I know about 3/25, but this is NCL’s requirement, not the state

Depending on what time your incoming flight arrives at Honolulu, perhaps you can schedule yourself an appointment at the airport. The County of Honolulu runs a testing site outside of security, so pick up your baggage first. It's only open from 9am-5pm though, so if your flight gets in too late that won't work for you. They do RT-PCR tests for $140 each for non-residents of the County.

Go to https://oahucitypass.lumisight.com and scroll down and look for "For Non-Prepaid by City and County of Honolulu."

On 3/5/2022 at 10:44 AM, Travelexpert35 said:

I saw that CVS Long Drugs at Ala Moana Shopping Centre does testing. You may want to check them out.

Thanks.  I’ll look into it

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there's a place to test closer to Kalakaua Ave than the shopping center mentioned above? We're staying post cruise 2 nights at the Moana Surfrider and won't have a car, walking distance would be nice. Thanks!!

8 hours ago, turnin50 said:

Does anyone know if there's a place to test closer to Kalakaua Ave than the shopping center mentioned above? We're staying post cruise 2 nights at the Moana Surfrider and won't have a car, walking distance would be nice. Thanks!!

Ala Moana shopping center is walkable from Waikiki, assuming you are ok with a 1.5 -2 mile walk.. if not the Waikiki trolley goes from Waikiki to the Ala Moana mall. 

10 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

Ala Moana shopping center is walkable from Waikiki, assuming you are ok with a 1.5 -2 mile walk.. if not the Waikiki trolley goes from Waikiki to the Ala Moana mall. 

Is it? Oh thats good to know, a short bus ride is doable thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What about these online Proctored tests? Do they work? We're arriving two days before we sail so I'm wondering if the hot setup is to just do one of the online tests the day before we sail...

Are only certain companies "authorized" for NCL?

1 hour ago, MacII said:

What about these online Proctored tests? Do they work? We're arriving two days before we sail so I'm wondering if the hot setup is to just do one of the online tests the day before we sail...

Are only certain companies "authorized" for NCL?

IMO the online proctored tests are the best option.  Many passengers use either the eMed or Inspire Diagnostics tests. NCL permits you to use any test that satisfies the requirements laid out on their website. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used Nomi Health located on Ala Moana Blvd for COVID testing?  I believe it is free, they take insurance, they have rapid antigen tests and you can register for an appointment. 

9 hours ago, ruff said:

Has anyone used Nomi Health located on Ala Moana Blvd for COVID testing?  I believe it is free, they take insurance, they have rapid antigen tests and you can register for an appointment. 

I live in Ala Moana and have used Nomi Health multiple times, the testing is quick and easy..just make sure you register for a appointment before showing up. 

We arrive in Honolulu on the Monday and cruise out on the Thursday in October on the Quantum of the seas heading to Brisbane Australia. Does anyone know the Royal Caribbean protocol for the Covid test prior to boarding and how do we do this?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, ruff said:

no testing after 9-3-22 !!  check out ncl's sail safe information. they updated it today