I have nothing to buy--but I WANT to!!

KKB

Cruising the Caribbean on the Celebrity Apex Saturday.

Sorted thru travel toiletries, etc. today. OK...I need a couple small travel items. I did order some Bare Minerals powdered foundation from Amazon today...

REALLY want to buy SOMETHING fun for the cruise...but we have cruised so often, and I am a finely tuned packing machine.

We have everything we want/need. (who am I kidding...MORE than we need...)

First world problems....🤣

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Saw lots of bell bottom pants this past weekend. I mentioned to one girl that the 70's are back and she replied, "They're so much fun". So there you go!

I bought a pair of side-embroidered-with-flowers boot cut jeans this winter.  They are sooooo old hippie lady!!  right up my alley.  I can even wear them to work!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's one for a certain kind of person:

Do you like having big tote bags?  Do you bring a nice summer fedora with you?  

Go to Gigi Pip.  They just brought out some bags to make traveling with your non-foldable/crushable hat easy.  A natural tote bag that has special straps down the front - you slide in your hat and tighten down the straps.   It's a 2-for-1!!  

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dallasailor orig said:

Slidergirl, how did you find that awesome hat site??  I am a hat person and  I love it!  Thank you so much, Sandra

I live up the mountain from the brick & mortar store.    There are stores in Texas, too.  

I have a few of the felt hats.  plus, I ponied up the money to buy the River.  It always sells out right away - it took 2 tries go snag one.  It's going to me my hat for my France/Italy trip this summer!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, KKB said:

Not a hat girl here...they make me SWEAT. 

Plus, I like my face tan🥰

Wait until you get that first questionable patch on your face...

I have self-tanner and blush to make my face tan 😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Wait until you get that first questionable patch on your face...

I have self-tanner and blush to make my face tan 😉

Then I will hit the shade...can't stand the sweat.

I have been searching for an "anytime" casual dress that can be spiffed up if I wanted.  I look at some clothes women over 60 post and I think to myself that I am not a matron.  I do call myself an "old hippie lady" and my style does reflect that.  That said, I figured I'd post a few sites where I've found some dresses that fit my flow.  They are varying price points, too.

Faherty:  the Isha dress called to a few of us.  Put a jacket or a sweater over it and it's good to go for evening.

River & Sky: the Brooklyn dress.  Tye die to die for!  And, it has pockets!!  Daytime with sneakers or sandals, evening with your nice shoes (flats or heels or booties) One of these may be my dress for my grand niece's wedding in August.

American Giant:  the quintessential Tshirt dress, called a muscle Tshirt dress.  I carried one of this style of another company for years.  Even wore it to a Michelin 3 star restaurant and did not feel out of place.  Just throw on a jacket, a scarf and good to go.  They have a nice midi-length short sleeve dress as well.

Woolx: The Lexie dress.  Yes, it's wool but don't let that scare you.  I have several of their short-sleeve Tshirts in the same fabric and they are comfortable year-round, including HOT climates. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Slidergirl, I agree with you about not wanting to looking "matronly". I just turned 60 but I still want to look feminine and pretty without looking "senior" or just as bad, like I'm trying to look too young. 

I have way too many cocktail dressy dresses that I don't wear. These days, I am a fan of casual dresses that can transition from day wear to evening with jewelry/wraps etc. 

Most of my dresses are maxi length which I prefer. 

CHICOS - especially from their travel line, these dresses don't wrinkle and travel well and roll into nothing. 

I find that dresses are more comfortable and cooler than wearing pants. And unless I'm doing a real adventurous excursion like zip-lining or kayaking, a dress works just fine.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 3:57 PM, slidergirl said:

I have been searching for an "anytime" casual dress that can be spiffed up if I wanted.  I look at some clothes women over 60 post and I think to myself that I am not a matron.  I do call myself an "old hippie lady" and my style does reflect that.  That said, I figured I'd post a few sites where I've found some dresses that fit my flow.  They are varying price points, too.

Faherty:  the Isha dress called to a few of us.  Put a jacket or a sweater over it and it's good to go for evening.

River & Sky: the Brooklyn dress.  Tye die to die for!  And, it has pockets!!  Daytime with sneakers or sandals, evening with your nice shoes (flats or heels or booties) One of these may be my dress for my grand niece's wedding in August.

American Giant:  the quintessential Tshirt dress, called a muscle Tshirt dress.  I carried one of this style of another company for years.  Even wore it to a Michelin 3 star restaurant and did not feel out of place.  Just throw on a jacket, a scarf and good to go.  They have a nice midi-length short sleeve dress as well.

Woolx: The Lexie dress.  Yes, it's wool but don't let that scare you.  I have several of their short-sleeve Tshirts in the same fabric and they are comfortable year-round, including HOT climates. 

Slidergirl, I just looked at the website for River & Sky - love some of the dresses there. They are pricey but I love the look and POCKETS! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janie1229 said:

Slidergirl, I just looked at the website for River & Sky - love some of the dresses there. They are pricey but I love the look and POCKETS! 

I ended up buying one of the Brooklyn dress - the one that starts white, varying shades of blue down to a almost brown.  It's called Oasis.  I love the pockets!!  Gives my hand someplace to land. And, I have the hat to go with it!  My mom always told me we had champagne taste but beer pocket book. 😸 But, my grand niece is having an outdoor wedding Aug 20 and I think this will be perfect.  had to buy a dress for that anyway,  

i'm not really a dress person at all.  I've always been a pants person.  It is a big step for me to take 2 dresses with me on my vacation.  If I took a dress at all,  it was my black Tshirt dress - it could do anything,  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I ended up buying one of the Brooklyn dress - the one that starts white, varying shades of blue down to a almost brown.  It's called Oasis.  I love the pockets!!  Gives my hand someplace to land. And, I have the hat to go with it!  My mom always told me we had champagne taste but beer pocket book. 😸 But, my grand niece is having an outdoor wedding Aug 20 and I think this will be perfect.  had to buy a dress for that anyway,  

i'm not really a dress person at all.  I've always been a pants person.  It is a big step for me to take 2 dresses with me on my vacation.  If I took a dress at all,  it was my black Tshirt dress - it could do anything,  

I have saved the website as bookmark to go back later after I've lost the weight. I'm usually a size 6 (or was) but put on a lot of weight and now working to get it off. 

I've always been a dress girl !! I think they can be more comfortable than pants. Pockets make them perfect! Someplace to stick my chapstick/lipstick. 

What is that hat that goes with the dress? I saved your website on hats too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Janie1229 said:

I have saved the website as bookmark to go back later after I've lost the weight. I'm usually a size 6 (or was) but put on a lot of weight and now working to get it off. 

I've always been a dress girl !! I think they can be more comfortable than pants. Pockets make them perfect! Someplace to stick my chapstick/lipstick. 

What is that hat that goes with the dress? I saved your website on hats too. 

I have 2 hats that I would wear, depending on the heat and such.  outdoors in August - I'm leaning towards my Arlo.  Indoors - I could wear my felt hat that looks like the Scottie, but it's not from Gigi Pip and it's tan. The one hat on the blonde on the River & Sky site Oasis Brooklyn dress that is light tan looks a little like my tan one, the one that the model is wearing with the Ariel Bias Skirt in Diamondback looks like my Arlo.  

Depending on how things go this Summer with taking dresses on my trip and then the wedding, I may get more into dresses on an everyday thing.  

• Like 1

DRESS ALERT:  I was cruising around the Sundance Catalog today - I love to look at all the cool stuff they have,  Anyway, they have a new short dress that would be perfect for you women who like to wear dresses on vacation.  it's the Harper Dress.  Comes in 3 colors - dark blue, olive green, light chambray.  Short sleeved button down dress, linen with POCKETS.  

Trying to help out the shopping needs of all of us!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 11:49 AM, KKB said:

Not a hat girl here...they make me SWEAT. 

Plus, I like my face tan🥰

That's great until the day the dermatologist takes that first pre-cancerous squib off your face, then you buy hats. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jsn55 said:

That's great until the day the dermatologist takes that first pre-cancerous squib off your face, then you buy hats. 

I am no sun goddess, but do enjoy a couple hours/day in warm climates, with 50 SPF.

Remarkably, my 77YO father NEVER wore sunscreen. Sat through 15 summers of my boys' baseball games.

Has NEVER had skin cancer. 

Hoping the good genes continue.

• Like 1