"Our New Booking System Is Coming"

CityGrrl

Same here.  Would be nice if they would at least give an estimated date of it being up.  I have not tried calling the US number because in the past they have been of no help with something like this.

Patience is not my highest virtue.

Stan

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I sent them a message asking about what we are seeing on the "Manage My Booking - My Account".  I got a response several days later.  Response - "That page is down right now".  Couldn't have asked for more enlightening information.  Al I can say is that I tried to find out something.

Maybe one of you could try and see if you can get anything else from them - like when is it supposed to be up again.  Unfortunately I deleted their response before it dawned on me I should have responded with - "tell me something I don't know and when is it expected to be back up?"

Stan

We sailed on the Crystal last week (week before last?).

Although the online booking system isn't working, the cruise itself is was a joy. 

Worth every bit of pre-cruise "are we actually going to be able to sail?" nerves. 

Yes, you're sailing. Be prepared to get your Covid test in Athens (10 euro per person seemed the norm near Plaka).

And then be ready to be taken care of in beautiful style for a week. 

It was a memorable vacation!

12 hours ago, CityGrrl said:

We sailed on the Crystal last week (week before last?).

Although the online booking system isn't working, the cruise itself is was a joy. 

Worth every bit of pre-cruise "are we actually going to be able to sail?" nerves. 

Yes, you're sailing. Be prepared to get your Covid test in Athens (10 euro per person seemed the norm near Plaka).

And then be ready to be taken care of in beautiful style for a week. 

It was a memorable vacation!

Thank you for your post and info on your sailing.  Gives a warm "fuzzy" knowing someone else has already been.

I was looking for COVID test locations near Plaka on those that Celestyal has a relationship with.  Seemed the closest one was several metro stops away.  Did you find one close to Plaka?

Stan

• 1 month later...

Hi! While I haven't sailed yet (Aug 13 Crystal) I have been able to access a portal of sorts by first contacting the company. I messaged them on their website and they will send you a link that's active for 48 hours from which you can pay your balance and add excursions. I let it expire once without paying and called and got another one right away. 

I ended up paying 3 days before final payment not realizing how soon after that it was due! I wonder if they'll send a warning email before cancelling bookings. 🤔

As for Covid tests, I was able to schedule ours at an Affidea in Athens near Mt Lycabettus. I scheduled this through DoctorNearYou.gr and pre paid 20 Euros for our rapid tests. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, ddaley822 said:

Hi! While I haven't sailed yet (Aug 13 Crystal) I have been able to access a portal of sorts by first contacting the company. I messaged them on their website and they will send you a link that's active for 48 hours from which you can pay your balance and add excursions. I let it expire once without paying and called and got another one right away. 

I ended up paying 3 days before final payment not realizing how soon after that it was due! I wonder if they'll send a warning email before cancelling bookings. 🤔

As for Covid tests, I was able to schedule ours at an Affidea in Athens near Mt Lycabettus. I scheduled this through DoctorNearYou.gr and pre paid 20 Euros for our rapid tests. 

I'm so sorry I didn't respond to your Covid Test question! I don't seem to be getting notified when folks respond to my posts. I hope you found a test and had a great cruise! For others, this is where we got our (Rapid) test: https://goo.gl/maps/LccTzcCbNGs5UriB9. The pharmacist was very knowledgeable about the test type and paperwork necessary for a cruise vs a flight.  

13 minutes ago, travelingman said:

@CityGrrl since you have taken a cruise already with Celestyal Crystal I wanted to see if you have any tips, comments or suggestions on the Crystal ship itself.  Any "secrets" you wish you had known before boarding?  Thanks.

Stan

Good question!

The beauty of the Crystal is that it is small, so very easy to explore and find your own nirvana. I'm afraid I don't have much advice about on-board entertainment, I mostly cruise for natural beauty, history and the delight of having someone else do all the cooking and cleaning. 🙂 

Tips: (just my two cents)

• bring a E/F to American Standard adapter if you need another outlet. I used this one that also has a couple of USB ports: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079RW9WWC?th=1
  • the espressos (including americanos and lattes) were delicious and always far superior to the coffee, and are available in the buffet, the dining room and most bars, and are included in the fare (at least at the time we sailed).
  • The Food in the dining room was wonderful. (The buffet a little less so.) If you ask nicely, you can get yourself established at a table by the windows and enjoy the view and sometimes sunsets with your dinner. Establishing yourself in one spot also helps the waitstaff get to know your preferences.  I thought the service was excellent!
  • The aft bar is a great place to hang out outdoors. And ouzo in Greece tastes better than Ouzo in the States. 🙂
  • Large bottles of sparkling water are a rare commodity. Make friends with a bartender who can help you find them on the ship ("try the buffet bar today!"). They're great for taking back to your room and rehydrating after a fun night!
  • We did have a refrigerator in our balcony room. Not sure which rooms get them. The minibar contents were not included in our fare. Get your beverages and treats from the bars and buffet.
  • If you like quiet, the Lounge at the top of the ship is usually deserted in the morning and early afternoon. Great place to read, write, watch the world go by, grab a coffee at the Helios bar on Deck Nine, and head upstairs to enjoy some quiet!

@CityGrrl thank you very much.  i was wondering about the electrical outlets.  I had read somewhere that many of the outlet extenders for the US type outlet will not fit because they are too big or too wide.

I like the one you referred to.  We have a couple of different types of converter/ adapters and hope one of them will fit for the E/F adapter.

I figured it would be fairly easy to figure the ship out with it's small size.

Had also heard the aft bar was a good place to sit and watch the ocean go by.  Thanks for the tip on the lounge at the top of the ship.

I am with you on the natural beauty and history.  I will add the architecture.  We will occasionally check out some of the entertainment but usually check out early to get to bed and get ready for the next day.

Thanks for the info.

Stan

• Like 1

@CityGrrl you stated "Large bottles of sparkling water are a rare commodity. Make friends with a bartender who can help you find them on the ship ("try the buffet bar today!"). They're great for taking back to your room and rehydrating after a fun night!"

Do you have to pay for these bottles of water or are they included with the drink package?

Thanks.

Stan

On 9/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, travelingman said:

Do you have to pay for these bottles of water or are they included with the drink package?

Thanks.

Stan

They are included when you order them at meals or at a bar (or at least they were included last spring). If you take them from your mini-bar (if you have one) they are NOT included).  On our sailing, taking food and drink away from the venue where it was served was discouraged. But not discouraged to the point where anybody stopped me if I walked away from my table with water or a cocktail or a latte after served. Your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:22 AM, travelingman said:

The drink package that's included as part of the fare, no. The upgraded Premium drink package on board is super cheap if you're used to buying beverage packages on sailings from the US, though! I am going on a 3-night RCCL cruise and the package is $265, all 7 nights on Celestyal only cost us $325! There is a big bottle of water in the stateroom every day that you can sign for as part of the Premium package and you can ask for them at the bars.

On 9/1/2022 at 5:53 PM, travelingman said:

Had also heard the aft bar was a good place to sit and watch the ocean go by.  Thanks for the tip on the lounge at the top of the ship.

Keep in mind the port side section of the aft bar is a smoking section and it gets packed! If you want a good spot I recommend heading here early before all departures, great view of them releasing the lines.

The funniest thing about the top floor lounge is that it's by far the best bar on the ship and its not open until 11pm! Way past when I was going to bed so we never got to use it. 

Edited by ddaley822
  • Like 1