THURSDAY 3-10-2022. weigh in

Izena

Good morning everyone.  I weighed yesterday and I’m up 3# a little over range.   I figured a little extra weight may help recover from surgery next week.

My message today is tell your family frequently you love them.  Last week I traveled with my son and granddaughter and had a marvelous time.  We all returned home on Tuesday in good health.  The rest of the story has to be because of our guardian angels.   Early Wednesday morning by son inhaled drugs (years since he did that).  My granddaughter  for some reason felt she had to wake up her dad.  She couldn’t -  she called me frantic, told to call 911.  Over phone she was instructed on cpr until they arrived.   She kept him alive.   Yesterday was long and hard.  He’s going to be fine.  Has aspiration pneumonia will stay in hospital for a few days.  We will all be fine my granddaughter is a hero.  God Bless everyone 

• Like 1

HI all!

Izena ~ oh dear, sorry to hear that happened, but how fortunate your GD could keep him alive. How old is she?

Hope all turns out well.🙏

Sounds like you had a lovely vacation before that.

I didn't check in last week but am down 0.4 lbs since. Not a big deal but sort of amazing when I've had lots of chips & chocolates, my downfalls!!

Have a good day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Oh @Izena! What a scare. Hopefully he'll get the treatment he needs to stay away from it. 

Jo, I'd gladly take up 0.4. 

I'm losing track of up / down / sideways so I'm going to start posting the number. Waist = 32". I want to be 30". Never had a small waist. Sort of built straight up with broad shoulders. So 32" and hoping to stay honest with posting that #. Larger than I want but was 34" months ago

Thanks for kind words.  We will be fine.  My granddaughter is 26 a little insecure none of the three of us keep any secrets.   The incident has shown her how strong she is and will give her confidence. (Of course nightmares)   This is just an example that addictions/ temptations never go away. 

Jo youve be stable for awhile- good for you.

Ombud good idea to focus on what works for you.  My mom was very thin when she married She has a long back so small waist possible  at 12  and 105 lbs I couldn’t fit into my moms army skirt.  I’m short waisted (my lower ribs almost rest on my hip bones the smallest my waist  was 24 inches.).   

Getting ready for surgery on Monday.  I’m excited .   

Jazzper (dog). Is very clingy.  Doesn’t want me out of sight.  

Houston weather is crazy.  55 degrees this morning  front coming through this afternoon will bring freezing temps  - I hope this is the last cold snap. 

i  trust our cruisers are having a good time.  

Izena - I'm so sorry your GD had to go through that .. but, was good that she was there!!!  Hope your son gets help to help him.

I forgot to weigh myself (I think I see a pattern where I don't really want to know) I will try to remember to weigh in this weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Jan

Edited by Jan_In_Maine

Ready for surgery.   Jazzper went to a friends for a week.  

My son is home with me SINCE SATURDAY.   He’s in excruciating pain from damaged cartridge caused from CPR.  We are finally getting the pain  to a manageable level.  His girlfriend flew in from Utah to help  — she is a big help. 

Luckily I have several recliners so we can both be comfortable.  Probably will be a few days before I check back in.

Surgery went well.   Pain is what I expected (only hurts when I get in and out of recliner and a little when I walk). My sons GF is amazing. She is taking care of both of us.  I came home yesterday and will sleep in recliner for several weeks — my son is also sleeping on loveseat recliner (since Im home she can sleep in the bed  since my son and I are both on the loveseat).   They will go to Utah tomorrow.     

• Like 1