Book Recommendations

Cruisen Elf

I am looking for book recommendations about the general, overall histories of Australia and New Zealand.  I would also appreciate any ideas for general travel books that folks have found useful for each of those countries.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can share!

(Trying to remain optimistic that our upcoming October/November Australia and New Zealand cruisetour will happen, since it's already been cancelled once.)

Edited by Cruisen Elf
clarity

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nini said:

I was going to suggest Rick Steves, but he only does Europe. I was very surprised.

Yes, I've found him very helpful when it comes to Europe, too.  I posted on the Australia/New Zealand Cruisers board and was able to get several suggestions.  Thanks for trying!

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2022 at 9:07 AM, Cruisen Elf said:

I am looking for book recommendations about the general, overall histories of Australia and New Zealand.  I would also appreciate any ideas for general travel books that folks have found useful for each of those countries.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can share!

(Trying to remain optimistic that our upcoming October/November Australia and New Zealand cruisetour will happen, since it's already been cancelled once.)

THE book about Australia I recommend to anybody coming here is "Down Under" by the incomparable Bill Bryson. I must have bought at least 20 copies for friends travelling here.

It is funny, witty and gives you a great insight about the country and a basic history lesson as well. There is also an audio book version available. 

• Thanks 1