Can I make 10.45 am flight out of Barcelona? Wonder of the Seas arrives in Barcelona at 5 am.

I also was trying to catch an earlier flight out of BCN after disembarking Wonder. (I need to get to Vancouver to board Ovation for its first Alaska cruise of the season.) My Travel Agent talked me out of it. I am leaving around 1 PM. International flights are trickier than domestic... Good Luck to you, either way you choose!

Edited by CruiszBug

I see you are in Finland.   Are you looking at just a flight within the Schengen zone and no need to test before at the airport before checking in?  

If so, and this is not the TA (which could possibly have more immigration issues, maybe?) I think you will be FINE.  With interporting and the ship staying in Schengen the entire time it tends to clear very quickly.  Add in that taxis are ready and waiting and generally have you at the airport in just about half an hour, you would be ok if you couldn't get off the ship until 8:00 or even 8:30.  (and you can almost certianly be off by 7:00...probably 6:00-6:30 really).  We sailed Harmony this past October and our friend from the USA had an 11:00 flight from BCN and was sitting at his gate by 9:00 and bored.  

Edited by xxHadleyxx
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I would say yes. As long as nothing has changed post covid. Lots of taxis outside and airport is 20-40mins away depending on traffic. 

However thats speaking for uk flights so less time needed to check in.

Hope you all don't mind me asking this here.  I'm flying to the Uk from Barcelona after a cruise on Wonder of the Seas.  My flight to Manchester was supposed to be12:40 not it's moved to 12:10   Hopefully I'll be able to get there in time.  I got 'The Key' so hoping to get to disembark at a good time.  Think I'll be ok getting to the airport.  Flying on a BA/Veuling code share flight. 

19 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

Hope you all don't mind me asking this here.  I'm flying to the Uk from Barcelona after a cruise on Wonder of the Seas.  My flight to Manchester was supposed to be12:40 not it's moved to 12:10   Hopefully I'll be able to get there in time.  I got 'The Key' so hoping to get to disembark at a good time.  Think I'll be ok getting to the airport.  Flying on a BA/Veuling code share flight. 

I think you should be fine.  We sailed BCN this past October and nothing has changed as far as availability of taxis is concencerned...never have waited more than 5 minutes to actually be put in a taxi disembarking in Barcelona...usually they load faster than people can walk through the queue.  

5 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I also was trying to catch an earlier flight out of BCN after disembarking Wonder. (I need to get to Vancouver to board Ovation for its first Alaska cruise of the season.) My Travel Agent talked me out of it. I am leaving around 1 PM. International flights are trickier than domestic... Good Luck to you, either way you choose!

Wow, that is quite a flight, Barcelona to Vancouver, how many hours is that?

Almost 5400 miles, yikes !

Edited by Jimbo

If you're coming on the regular med loops, I believe you'll be fine, once those cruises are considered domestic ones, so no immigration/customs at the port. I wouldn't say the same for the TA once that will likely to require special clearance from immigration/customs.

Time from port and airport varies from 20 to 45 minutes. Plenty of taxis with a fixed rate for the run (don't know how much these horrid days, back in the  day it used to be round EUR 35, you may have an idea of the hike from here...).

Have a nice sailing!...

We always get the 10.50am or thereabouts flight back from Barcelona to London Stansted do self assist walk off about 08.00am hundreds of taxis lined up for approximately a 20 to 25 minutes Sunday morning €39.00 fixed rate ride to the airport.

Maybe we’ve been lucky but never had a problem.

5 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I have a flight booked with BA at 1015 on May 8th, also Vancouver via Heathrow.  Following a TA. Booked with Cruise Air. They would not have allowed it if it were not possible.

Usually I spend a few days in Europe but since Covid flying straight home.

One of my sons lives in Finland and in the past have flown to Helsinki , around 1030 flight. In the shuttle bus to the airport at 7am.

58 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I have a flight booked with BA at 1015 on May 8th, also Vancouver via Heathrow.  Following a TA. Booked with Cruise Air. They would not have allowed it if it were not possible.

Usually I spend a few days in Europe but since Covid flying straight home.

One of my sons lives in Finland and in the past have flown to Helsinki , around 1030 flight. In the shuttle bus to the airport at 7am.

Yes, I have mine also booked with Air2Sea. Originally the flight was earlier by about an hour but British Airways keeps pushing back the time. 

What is your arrival time in Vancouver?

Edited by CruiszBug
Ask a Question?

47 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Yes, I have mine also booked with Air2Sea. Originally the flight was earlier by about an hour but British Airways keeps pushing back the time. 

What is your arrival time in Vancouver?

My flight BA 85 leaves LHR at 5.10pm  Arrives YVR 6.35pm. So five and a half hours at Heathrow. Lots of time to do some shopping LOL.

• Like 1

We have a flight booked to leave Barcelona heading back to Glasgow via  Amsterdam at 11.10.   This was booked as part of the package with Royal, so I presume it must be doable.

Our flight is a KLM flight, and it states on their website we have to check in 3 hours before for a domestic flight.

So fingers crossed we get to the airport in plenty of time!!   

3 hours ago, maryann2 said:

If you are travelling on the April 20, 2022 Ta from Fort Lauderdale it arrives in Barcelona on Wed May 4th, not 8th.    May 8th was the original date before they moved the cruise up 4 days.  You might have to change your reservation if this was not a typo

29 minutes ago, aloni said:

If you are travelling on the April 20, 2022 Ta from Fort Lauderdale it arrives in Barcelona on Wed May 4th, not 8th.    May 8th was the original date before they moved the cruise up 4 days.  You might have to change your reservation if this was not a typo

No - I am on the Carnival Pride leaving Tampa on April 24th. Arrives Barcelona May 8th.

Looks like there are several ships going over.

3 hours ago, maryann2 said:

My flight BA 85 leaves LHR at 5.10pm  Arrives YVR 6.35pm. So five and a half hours at Heathrow. Lots of time to do some shopping LOL.

Yeppers! That is my very same flight number and times, but on May 4! At  one point that flight was arriving by 4 PM-ish.... (I will need to do laundry so was trying to get to my hotel ASAP, lol!)