Circle / Captain Club question

Moby Jones

Hello all

I wonder if you could help me with a question please?

I was surprised to log into my Azamara account and find that Celebrity Captains Club points earned last month have been added to my Azamara Circle account. Does anyone know when the reciprocal agreement will end now that AZ are an independent company?

Secondly we have some friends who are considering sailing with us on AZ. They have not sailed on this line previously but did book a trip which was cancelled due to covid. They signed up for the AZ circle program and are Elite with Celebrity. So they show as Discover status now despite never having sailed on AZ. My second question is will they receive the Discoverer perks? Or will they need to complete one AZ sailing first to enjoy discounts etc in the future? 

Thank you in advance. 

When we were onboard Journey in December, my wife went to an interesting talk by Captain G who said that the reciprocity arrangements between Captains Club and AZ Circle would continue until the IT system was disentangled 'at the end of March 2022'. Whether that project is on track to deliver on time, I have no idea.

If your friends are showing as Discoverer at the time of sailing, I'm pretty certain they will receive the perks despite not having sailed Az before. We certainly did.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I am responding to bring this link active to the top. I am showing as a Discoverer level due to past Celebrity sailings. I had 2 booked Azamara cruises cancelled in 2020 and 2021 by Azamara due to the pandemic. This month will be my first Azamara cruise stepping on  board the Pursuit. Obviously I would like the discounts and benefits. It seems some have received them even though they are first timers. Any recent experiences by anyone?

2 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

I am responding to bring this link active to the top. I am showing as a Discoverer level due to past Celebrity sailings. I had 2 booked Azamara cruises cancelled in 2020 and 2021 by Azamara due to the pandemic. This month will be my first Azamara cruise stepping on  board the Pursuit. Obviously I would like the discounts and benefits. It seems some have received them even though they are first timers. Any recent experiences by anyone?

Yes, I got the perks due to past Celebrity trips on my first AZ cruise.

• Like 1