Just Found Atlas Ocean Voyages

njguy_south

I think I just found my new cruise line!  I was starting to sail Crystal until their recent demise.  Anyone who has sailed both Crystal and Atlas, what are your thoughts?

I am planning my first cruise to be the Nov. 5, 2022, Panama to Peru, and I am booked in a Horizon cabin on deck 5. (Amazing the small difference in price for a single in the SOLO vs the Horizon -- and yet the additional space.)  Has anyone sailed a SOLO cabin on this ship? What about the Horizon -- and your thoughts?

What are your reviews on the food? Can one find a seat easily at any time that the dining room is open?  My thoughts for the S. Am. cruise is to eat outdoors as often as possible.

And what of the pool? Easy to enter and exit? Loungers comfortable?

I appreciate your feedback.

--Robert

I sailed to Antarctica in a Deck 6 Horizon cabin (cabin 619) on World Navigator in January.  The ship is gorgeous, the stateroom was the most spacious and beautifully appointed of the six ships I’ve sailed thus far, the shower is to die for, and the food very good.  The expedition team had amazing knowledge,  enthusiasm, and energy.  They truly bent over backwards to make the voyage the absolute best it could be and that’s an understatement.  We sailed at about half capacity and there was no problem finding seats in the dining room.  The only negative with my sailing (which is actually also a positive!) was that it set the bar impossibly high for any subsequent cruises on other carriers!  It was that good. On Antarctic sailings, the pool is not used or even filled, as water would slosh out due to rough seas in the Drake Passage. Chaise lounges were battened down for the same reason.  I have ship photos if you’d like to see them. 

(FYI, that’s the World Navigator in my profile pic.)

Edited by skrink
  • Like 2

I've also been considering Atlas since Crystal's demise, particularly as we were very excited to sail on Endeavour in November 2022. The reviews (almost all negative-would not sail again) give me pause but I've read them all carefully and I think most of the issues have to do with new ship shake out and/or Covid. It would be great to hear from more people who have recently sailed on Atlas to see if some if these have been ironed out.

6 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

I've also been considering Atlas since Crystal's demise, particularly as we were very excited to sail on Endeavour in November 2022. The reviews (almost all negative-would not sail again) give me pause but I've read them all carefully and I think most of the issues have to do with new ship shake out and/or Covid. It would be great to hear from more people who have recently sailed on Atlas to see if some if these have been ironed out.

There was also a lot of over-promising before the first sailings [internet, laundry], and then no attempt at any 'make-good.'  Not a reassuring approach to customer service IMHO.

• Thanks 1

The more recent reviews in February and March tend to be more positive. A lot of the negative reviews were due to poor communication and organizational issues related to COVID, or marketing overstepping their promises. There may be less pre-cruise hand-holding support than you are accustomed to at Crystal.  Seems consensus is that service onboard is excellent, however. And the cabins and ship are a really nice hard product. I was part of their only cruise cancellation so far, but Atlas did eventually agree to put me up for a 2023 sailing that's 2 days longer at no extra cost except higher port fees. 

• 2 weeks later...