Where are lanyards purchased

wilderness1

You may be able to pick some up on EBay.     I've not seen Celebrity Branded ones sold pre-cruise.   You can also pick one up in the gift shop if you want to wait.

Amazon has some generic ones with a blue lanyard cord with white anchors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilderness1 said:

Is there a way to buy a Celebrity lanyard in advance?  There are several on Amazon but I’m looking specifically for a celebrity one.

Keep in mind that a number of people have reported that the sea cards can longer have a hole punched in them, so you'll need to get one with a plastic pouch instead of just a hook/clip to be on the safe side.  Although not everyone wears a lanyard, it's fine if you do. I have my husband put my card in his wallet when we dress for dinner, but when I head off somewhere by myself during the day I often am without pockets (or with shallow pockets that will easily "eject" my card) and I don't want to lug a purse around, and so I find a lanyard to be quite helpful.  Of course, you don't want to wear one in port, but we tourists often have other ways of identifying ourselves as tourists anyhow.  😉

Edited by Vagabond Knight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Lanyards are not something that are commonly worn on Celebrity.

Absolutely disagree.  Lots of people wear them. However, the wide ribbon celebrity type or shiny type ones are not as useful or comfortable.  My mother and I both have a lanyard that is a string of small black beads. On the end is a small black leather badge holder (just large enough for the pass card) It also has a zipped pocket that you can slip your gambling cash for the evening or a credit card in.  This is so convenient. On and off the ship. You never loose your card and no need to carry a bag or stuff pockets. My mother even has a small ring on hers that she can slip her glasses through.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

Yes and let’s not encourage it!

Unless, of course, Celebrity starts cruising to the cheaper Vegas hotels.

Edited by swjumbo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

On a very recent sailing my friend said to me "Have you noticed that the majority of people who wear lanyards have gold Concierge Class sea pass cards? It's almost as if they're trying to be a 1980's 'medallion man'."

And from that point onwards, I really did notice! 😄

Edited by Moby Jones

10 hours ago, wilderness1 said:

Is there a way to buy a Celebrity lanyard in advance?  There are several on Amazon but I’m looking specifically for a celebrity one.

You can find them at Staples.  Here's and example from Staples.  You can walk in any store and find them.  https://www.staples.com/lanyard+with+id+holder/directory_lanyard%20with%20id%20holder?autocompletesearchkey=lanyard%20with%20id%20holder

You can certainly buy them in the gift shops on the ship, if you wish to have a Celebrity branded one.

And don't worry about how others may perceive you if you wish to wear one or not.  It's no one's concern except yours.  If someone doesn't wish to speak with you since you are wearing a lanyard, or not wearing a lanyard, it's not a loss.  If someone wishes to ridicule you for wearing one, or not wearing one, it reflects poorly on them, not you.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

Well, I commonly wear one on Celebrity. Given some other sartorial choices I have seen while onboard, a lanyard is the least of anyone's worries.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I always wear a lanyard on Celebrity, because I am required to dress fancier than I was on NCL. On NCL, I always wore jeans and therefore had pockets. Most women's dress pants or skirts/dresses don't have pockets, so a lanyard is the only way for me to carry around my SeaPass card.

• Like 7

AND,  Away We GO--------Again !!

Definition of a Lanyard :

An item worn around ones neck to indicate their " Status " level ( how much I spent over many years of cruising to " win " ( ?? ) this, or, to by-pass " Security " ( the 87 yr old sleeping( ?? ) at the door of an office building ).

Holy cow, 12 yrs ago when I won the putting contest ( 4 days of " killing time " at 11 am ) , the Assistant to the Assistant Cruise Director offered me one of them, or a key chain, or a t shirt with a big " X " on it. 

Every time I wash my car with that t shirt I think of the " pressure " in that " tournament " ( ?? ) -- 

It was a pretty close final round, but, luckily for me, the last guy to putt was distracted and lost his balance when his 32 yr old " granddaughter " ( ?? ) blew a kiss for good luck. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Why make fun of such a simple choice … wear one or not, it’s ok.  But don’t mock peoples’ choices🤨

I have to agree with you -   Mom taught me -  If you don't have something nice to say keep your mouth shut. 

Honestly I could care less if someone wears a lanyard or not.   I've seen far worse thing worn by fellow cruisers.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Oh What the Heck, I'll chime in too. We wear lanyards but under our shirts. Just ordered some new ones with the the water proof pocket for the cards, retractable & quick release!! I don't need to show off my card, I just need to have it !  One less thing to think about when it is always around my neck.  😉 PS...I do ask DH to put it in his pocket when we go to MDR dressed up.

Edited by eltigre
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Yes and let’s not encourage it!

Unless, of course, Celebrity starts cruising to the cheaper Vegas hotels.

5 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

On a very recent sailing my friend said to me "Have you noticed that the majority of people who wear lanyards have gold Concierge Class sea pass cards? It's almost as if they're trying to be a 1980's 'medallion man'."

And from that point onwards, I really did notice! 😄

Goodness someone is very judgy! I love wearing my lanyard when I cruise, being classy isn’t always about what you wear, sometimes its about your manners. 

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, louise1809 said:

Goodness someone is very judgy! I love wearing my lanyard when I cruise, being classy isn’t always about what you wear, sometimes its about your manners. 

I've just screen shotted your post and emailed it to my 'judgy' friend! 

The thing is, his observation numbers wise was completely true. 

Wow, I really had no idea that wearing a lanyard was considered "classless" or had this stigma associated with it. What do those who oppose lanyards propose that women do with their SeaPass cards, since most "dressier" women's clothing doesn't have pockets? Would it be less offensive to your delicate sensibilities for me to just carry my card loose in my hand, hoping desperately not to lose it the whole time?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree with you -   Mom taught me -  If you don't have something nice to say keep your mouth shut. 

Honestly I could care less if someone wears a lanyard or not.   I've seen far worse thing worn by fellow cruisers.

Agree 100% --- "I could care less if someone wears a lanyard or not ".

My post ( #14 ) attempting a bit of humor appears to have not gone over very well , but, was not intended to offend anyone. 

My point being , this topic has been discussed almost every week with the same responses from mostly the same people, so, perhaps it's time to move on. 

7 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Wow, I really had no idea that wearing a lanyard was considered "classless" or had this stigma associated with it. What do those who oppose lanyards propose that women do with their SeaPass cards, since most "dressier" women's clothing doesn't have pockets? Would it be less offensive to your delicate sensibilities for me to just carry my card loose in my hand, hoping desperately not to lose it the whole time?

Who said they were "classless"? If people want to wear one, then they should. It's their cruise...

16 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Our Australian friend slips hers into her bra

• Like 2
  • Haha 1