Alaska from Seattle

lovetotraveltx

33 minutes ago, sjde said:

My daughter said car seats are mandatory in cabs but not light rail and she doesn’t want to lug them along. 

Then look at a public bus to get to the light rail station, but be sure you know the city bus rules on luggage.

Or book the cruise line bus to the airport.

2 hours ago, sjde said:

My daughter said car seats are mandatory in cabs but not light rail and she doesn’t want to lug them along. 

Nope.  "For hire" vehicles (which includes cabs and properly registered Ubers etc.) are exempt from the requirements of RCW 46.61.687:

(5) This section does not apply to: (a) For hire vehicles, (b) vehicles designed to transport sixteen or less passengers, including the driver, operated by auto transportation companies, as defined in RCW 81.68.010, (c) vehicles providing customer shuttle service between parking, convention, and hotel facilities, and airport terminals, and (d) school buses.

Now whether or not that's okay with you, it's with you.  I suppose the taxi/limo companies can require them of their own volition, maybe due to insurance factors, but it's not the law.

Edited by Gardyloo
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. We are booked with Royal's Ovation of the Seas July 2023. I am starting to look at hotels and I am amazed how expensive they are! We are trying to find one in downtown Seattle that has a shuttle from airport and to the pier. Am I living a dream to find this?? Never had so much trouble trying to find a hotel. Some are even sold out for our dates!! Thanks!

Welcome to Seattle.  Not surprising that hotels are full.  It was even more challenging pre-pandemic when there would be all kinds of conferences, conventions and other business gatherings going on.  I am guessing that since your cruise isn't until next summer (2023), those hotels room blocks are being held in reserve.  A good sign for our economy, but it doesn't help you out.

You may have to expand your search to include airport hotels, or go the Airbnb route.  Also possible that some of those room blocks will begin to be released closer to your cruise date.

If you want DT Seattle, try the Mayflower Hotel.

• Like 1

We are scheduled for a honeymoon Alaska cruise in October and I am a bit shocked to hear about the “safety concerns” in Seattle.

We are planned to stay 3 nights in DT Embassy Suites ahead of the cruise and I am now wondering if it’s a good neighborhood to walk around?

We are non-US citizens and while I have seen quite a lot of the USA, this will be my first time in Seattle.

Seattle is just like any other US city.  The "safety concerns" posted here are directly tied the social justice protests during the BLM movement in 2020.  There are some that can not / will not acknowledge that most of the country, including Seattle no longer experiences any BLM demonstrations.  Seattle, a liberal city, is a favorite dumping ground for what some see as the country's ills.

• Like 2