Guys-do you wear a tux?

SheSailsFL

Tux. Because it is FORMAL Night.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

almamater.jpg

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

My DH loves to dress up but rarely gets to so a few years ago he told me he wanted to rent a tux for our next cruise. Before that could happen we were invited to a Black tie only wedding so off we went Tux shopping. He took me everywhere looking to find the cheapest but nice looking tux. He finally bought one and so far has worn it to 2 weddings and 2 cruises with an upcoming cruise in September. I'd say he got his moneys worth! Our last cruise in Jan on the Triumph we noticed people dressed in the dining room but at the show that evening we felt out of place all dressed up. Either everyone quickly got out of their formal clothes or the shows had people who all ate at the buffet! We both thought how sad it was that we should feel out of place on formal night! Hopefully this is not a trend but it very well may be. Ebay is a great place to buy inexpensive formal clothes.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

Another vote for the tux here,simply because I own one.If I didn't I would opt for a dark suit w/tie.Have seen the full range in the dining room though. icon_rolleyes.gif

Crawfish_cook.gif Let's see what we can stir up!

SINSATION 10/23/04 firedevil.gif

CONQUEST 10/19/03

INSPIRATION 10/21/01

I honestly can't afford to have one made.I can't rent 1 because of my size;so I brought my suit.I noticed maybe 3 or 4 tuxes on the 1st formal night on our last cruise so I looked okeedokee. icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;5;24;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Since We Cruised On Triumph.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;10;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until We Cruise On Glory.

Dark suit or tux.

Some people just don't get it.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Tux wear seems be decreasing each cruise we go on. We just got back from a 12 day cruise and the majority of men wore dark suits. There were more colorful (green, yellow, orange) sports coats or even less formal wear than Tux wear. Jeans were common on the rest of the nights in the dinning room.

Jim in Utah

Crown Monarch (Jerry Jeff Walker Music Cruise) Jan 93

Star Princess Dec 93

Norwegian Wind Nov 99

Dawn Princess Nov 00

Dawn Princess Nov 01

Star Princess Nov 02

Carnival Celebration(Larry Joe Taylor Musical Cruise) Jan 03

Sun Princess Aug 03

Carnival Celebration (Brian Burns Musical cruise) Nov 03

Carnival Spirt Apr 04

Sapphire Princess Jan 05