Jump to content

ArriveCAN


Babr
 Share

Recommended Posts

I registered on the web site. It was quite straightforward and not difficult. When we get a few days from our sailing I will print out the QR code to present at the border.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just got off Ruby Princess - last stop was Prince Rubert, Canada

 

no one asked to see our ArriveCan form  - I asked the Canada official and he said that they were told that we only needed to show our medallion

Edited by roxievegas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are cruising the Summit Iceland to Boston, Our first port in Canada will be St.John's, Newfoundland, In the ArriveCAN APP there are 2 options St.John's Marina and St.John's Marine Terminal (Newfoundland), which is the correct selection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:25 PM, roxievegas said:

Just got off Ruby Princess - last stop was Prince Rubert, Canada

 

no one asked to see our ArriveCan form  - I asked the Canada official and he said that they were told that we only needed to show our medallion

What is a medallion?  TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, shipgeeks said:

How does this work for those without a smartphone?  


ArriveCan can also be submitted on their website, and then they email you a receipt which you could print out (or you could print out the screen showing the receipt when you submit if you don’t have email) and take that printout along for embarkation.

 

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

ship medallion that you use to get on and off the ship with.

I just looked up ship medallion...it appears that it is on Princess Lines?  I'll be sailing Royal Caribbean, so I guess it doesn't apply to me?🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bookbabe said:


ArriveCan can also be submitted on their website, and then they email you a receipt which you could print out (or you could print out the screen showing the receipt when you submit if you don’t have email) and take that printout along for embarkation.

 

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html

Thank you; that's one more thing I can put to rest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

How does this work if I have a B2B? And Canada is the second cruise?

 


Fill in ArriveCan in the 72 hours before boarding the cruise ship that enters Canada at some point during the cruise.  With more details, it would be easier to give a more specific answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2022 at 8:12 AM, bookbabe said:


Fill in ArriveCan in the 72 hours before boarding the cruise ship that enters Canada at some point during the cruise.  With more details, it would be easier to give a more specific answer.

What details do you need? 5 nights in Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne, then 9 nights Can N/E.

Thanks for any assistance. We don’t have access to a printer onboard. Is that something we have to printout?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

What details do you need? 5 nights in Bermuda on Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne, then 9 nights Can N/E.

Thanks for any assistance. We don’t have access to a printer onboard. Is that something we have to printout?





Does your cruise line count it as one cruise or two?  If it’s two separate cruises, ie you check in twice, even if the second checkin is onboard, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before you check in for the second cruise.  If it’s counted as one cruise, which is much less likely I think, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before the first (only) check in at initial embarkation.  
 

You can use the app on your phone connected to hotel/ship/port Wi-Fi and then just screen shot the receipt to show offline later if you need to.  Or use the web version and they’ll email you a receipt that you can show on your phone or print out at home before you leave if the timing is right or at the hotel/ship business center or Internet cafe if that’s easier.

 

You will show the receipt when checking in for the cruise that enters Canada, so that’s the important detail to figure out.  Your ArriveCan (and testing) use that departure date as the start point for counting back for your Covid requirements.  Everything happens in the days leading up to that Canadian cruise departure date.   
 

Not part of your question, but you also need to do an antigen test in the two days before your Canadian cruise departs, so you’ll need to check with your cruise line about them doing it onboard.  If they can’t you will need to take along  telehealth tests or find a testing site in Bermuda.  
 

Edited by bookbabe
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bookbabe said:





Does your cruise line count it as one cruise or two?  If it’s two separate cruises, ie you check in twice, even if the second checkin is onboard, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before you check in for the second cruise.  If it’s counted as one cruise, which is much less likely I think, you’d do ArriveCan in the 72 hours before the first (only) check in at initial embarkation.  
 

You can use the app on your phone connected to hotel/ship/port Wi-Fi and then just screen shot the receipt to show offline later if you need to.  Or use the web version and they’ll email you a receipt that you can show on your phone or print out at home before you leave if the timing is right or at the hotel/ship business center or Internet cafe if that’s easier.

 

You will show the receipt when checking in for the cruise that enters Canada, so that’s the important detail to figure out.  Your ArriveCan (and testing) use that departure date as the start point for counting back for your Covid requirements.  Everything happens in the days leading up to that Canadian cruise departure date.   
 

Not part of your question, but you also need to do an antigen test in the two days before your Canadian cruise departs, so you’ll need to check with your cruise line about them doing it onboard.  If they can’t you will need to take along  telehealth tests or find a testing site in Bermuda.  
 

Thank you for all that info. RCI considers it 2 cruises since I have to check I in twice.

I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise.

I guess I will get the internet package for the day. 3 days before we dock back in Cape Liberty. So I can fill out the ArriveCan. 
does it have something on there about the Antigen test?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those departing from Canada. Our flight has a layover in Toronto before the final destination of Quebec.  According to ArriveCan, we are to put our final destination and not the layover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Thank you for all that info. RCI considers it 2 cruises since I have to check I in twice.

I was told that I wouldn’t need another Covid test. Since I’m already on the ship they can use the one prior to first cruise.

I guess I will get the internet package for the day. 3 days before we dock back in Cape Liberty. So I can fill out the ArriveCan. 
does it have something on there about the Antigen test?


You may be able to use the Internet cafe computers onboard to fill in ArriveCan, ask onboard.  They often allow free airline checkins, so maybe this will be counted the same way.

 

I’d be surprised if the Canadian government didn’t want a new test done in the correct time frame, in the two calendar days before the departure of your second cruise.  You might want to contact them to ask, as they will be the ones deciding if that first test can count, not the cruise line.  There’s a “contact us” link at the bottom left of this page.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#pre-embarkation-test

 

ArriveCan is unrelated to the testing.  You’ll have to upload your vaccine docs, but not your test results.  You can fill in most of it ahead of time without pressing submit on either the webpage or the app, whichever you plan to use during the cruise, and then you’d just need to change to the correct dates and submit while onboard.  If you Google “using arrivecan youtube” there are dozens of videos that walk you through how to use the app.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, let me get this straight. If we are flying into Quebec and going directly to the cruise ship, we need to complete arriveCAN before leaving home, go through customs at the airport, delete the receipt we have, enter a new arriveCAN application, then go to the ship? Is there good wifi at the airport? Will I be completing the second application in baggage claim/in the car on the way to the ship?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2022 at 8:28 AM, gerelmx said:

We are cruising the Summit Iceland to Boston, Our first port in Canada will be St.John's, Newfoundland, In the ArriveCAN APP there are 2 options St.John's Marina and St.John's Marine Terminal (Newfoundland), which is the correct selection?

As far as the ArriveCAN app selection, it appears (at least on my app) to be "Saint John Marine Terminal (New"

That's how it' shows on the app. That's the one I plan on selecting. The other choice would be "Saint John Marina". Doubt that one. 

 

We'll be on the Summit 21 September and Saint John is our first port in Canada. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...