Ritz Carlton Cruises and Marriott Bonvoy Points?

sdp48

I was told  by the RC booking agent I would be receiving Marriott Bonvoy points for my upcoming Ritz Carlton cruise. Can anyone shed any light on this and is it point for point? Any details appreciated 🛥️

TIA-

SDP🌻

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
moved to correct forum and removed SHOUTING from title

Look it up on your RC yacht pages.  5x points for each $1 spent on cruise fare only.  Nothing for anything spent onboard.  

Pay 180,000 points for $1000 off the cruise and then $90,000 for each $500 increment.  So if you are a road warrior spending all those nights at the Courtyard, you could do 1.2 million points per person for a $6,800 one-week cruise.  I think you also get 1 night credit per night for going towards your elite status.

Yes, when I was with Starwood, I saw people with a few millions of points check in.  When it was 50,000 points/night at a St. Regis, they spent a few of those.  We lost money during Christmas because there were so many hi-points people taking advantage of the "no blackout dates" policy.  

As always, be sure the RC agent has your Bonvoy number on your resy.   I would also check on any hard copies of your papers and probably onboard at the Reception Desk.  You'd be amazed how many times the number fails to show up and then people fight for points and I'd have to research for their stay and pay data...

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Ritz Carlton Cruises and Marriott Bonvoy Points?