Un-Boosted Have to Test Within 48 hours, Not 72

shortyjoesmith

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

From the CDC website referenced in your reference: Up to date means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series of COVID-19 vaccine, and one booster dose when eligible. Getting a second booster dose is not necessary to be considered up to date at this time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

The CDC has now upped to a second booster to be "fully vaccinated".

Not true

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

Fully vaccinated means the same thing it meant last year - you have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a one-dose vaccine, at least two weeks ago. There is no requirement to be boosted to be considered "fully vaccinated"

Edited 12 hours ago by mz-s

exactly!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cltcruiser said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, because we sail in a little over 2 weeks. This is what I understand to be correct based in Carnival’s website, even though my PVP told me something different. 

I am fully vaxxed and had my booster shot earlier this week.

Wife and daughter are fully vaxxed but are not yet eligible for a booster because they completed the initial vaccination course within the last couple of months. 

The way I read it, we are all eligible for 72 hour testing. 

Your conclusion is incorrect.  It matches precisely the OP's situation:

19 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

My son-in-law didn't even think about not having received his booster, he received his initial one later than all of the rest of us due to eligibility. We didn't think twice about it since he had received the first two. We all tested within the 72 hour window. He had to be re-tested at the port since he was not eligible for the 72 hour time-frame. We had no idea. 

If you are fully vaccinated but no booster, but are otherwise nominally eligible for the booster, you must test within two days (not 48 hrs).

The fact that your wife and daughter have not received their boosters due to timing from their main vax shots is irrelevant to Carnival.  They will need to test within 2 days, not 3 like you.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
apostrophe missing

7 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Your conclusion is incorrect.  It matches precisely the OP's situation:

If you are fully vaccinated but no booster, but are otherwise nominally eligible for the booster, you must test within two days (not 48 hrs).

The fact that your wife and daughter have not received their boosters due to timing from their main vax shots is irrelevant to Carnival.  They will need to test within 2 days, not 3 like you.

A person not yet eligible for a first booster because of timing can test 3 days prior. That has been clarified on these boards many times and by Carnival and John Heald

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

A person not yet eligible for a first booster because of timing can test 3 days prior. That has been clarified on these boards many times and by Carnival and John Heald

Except that is exactly what didn't happen for the OP.

So Carnival isn't consistent in application of that definition of "eligible".

I'm not saying was it should be, but clearly Carnival (in at least one instance) is saying 2 days.

13 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Except that is exactly what didn't happen for the OP.

So Carnival isn't consistent in application of that definition of "eligible".

I'm not saying was it should be, but clearly Carnival (in at least one instance) is saying 2 days.

They didn’t actually say he was or wasn’t eligible for the booster, just that he received his initial doses later than the rest of the family.

I do understand, though, the inconsistencies of Carnival.

21 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

My son-in-law didn't even think about not having received his booster, he received his initial one later than all of the rest of us due to eligibility. We didn't think twice about it since he had received the first two. We all tested within the 72 hour window. He had to be re-tested at the port since he was not eligible for the 72 hour time-frame. We had no idea.  

He passed so it didn't really affect our vacation but I thought I'd pass it on to others that may not have received the booster yet.

So here’s my question. Was your son-in-law eligible for the booster yet at the time of sailing?

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

I mean to me, I don’t see any other way to read it aside from it being 3 days ahead testing if you are vaccinated but not yet eligible for the booster. 

F0AAAA6F-981D-4C1A-838D-1C94BA74A0DB.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cltcruiser said:

I mean to me, I don’t see any other way to read it aside from it being 3 days ahead testing if you are vaccinated but not yet eligible for the booster. 

F0AAAA6F-981D-4C1A-838D-1C94BA74A0DB.png

This is correct. If you're fully vaccinated and eligible for the booster but chose not to get it yet - TWO DAYS. If you're fully vaccinated and NOT ELIGIBLE for the booster yet due to timing of your last shot, then THREE DAYS.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Not quite sure how one becomes unboosted, but I am fully boosted, as in boosted plus  one. Got to stay on (cruise) schedule.

Un means not. Cruise “schedule” has nothing to do with being boosted. You do not need boosters to cruise. It only changes the testing by one day.

2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Un means not. Cruise “schedule” has nothing to do with being boosted. You do not need boosters to cruise. It only changes the testing by one day.

Oh, okay.

My cruise schedule does. To cruise, most people are required to provide a negative test (easy to test), or else possibly jump through additional steps. The more protection one has, the less likely to contract covid and have to miss a cruise in an otherwise busy schedule. While the extra booster is currently not required, it is prudent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cltcruiser said:

So here’s my question. Was your son-in-law eligible for the booster yet at the time of sailing?

He was eligible, he just didn't realize it. I didn't realize he hadn't received it. 

I did not mean to start all of the back and forth on this post, just a heads-up about something that affected us that may affect another cruiser. 

2 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

It really is very simple.  If you have been vaccinated and had a booster, you can test 72 hours before.

If you are vaccinated and did NOT get a booster, you have to test 48 hours before.

Except it isn’t that simple. 

There are the people that are ‘up to date’ but are not yet eligible for a booster. It’s 3 days for them too even though they haven’t had a booster. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

He was eligible, he just didn't realize it. I didn't realize he hadn't received it. 

I did not mean to start all of the back and forth on this post, just a heads-up about something that affected us that may affect another cruiser. 

Ah, I misunderstood the original post.  OK, that makes more sense.  Thanks for clarifying!

31 minutes ago, I082692 said:

This thread is ridiculous, Hope they do away with vax requirements soon,., that will clear it up.. 

I don't mind the vaccine requirement, at least you have control over it, but the testing requirement is what bothers me. What about false positives? What about the timing, especially if you are flying in early to Europe?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, csoud68 said:

I think this  testing is permanent.

Not a chance.  More and more countries are dropping the entry test requirements, except for the USA, unless somebody steps on the CDC the USA will continue entry testing for awhile.  The cruise lines will wake up to how much customers hate the test requirement and then it will be gone

• Like 1