All Ocean Victory Alaska 2022 Cruises

We are on Ocean Victory (American Queen Voyages), Vancouver to Sitka in August. I believe this is the first summer of cruising for this ship.

We had excess FCC from a cancelled cruise on the American Queen from October 2020. We used the bulk of the FCC to cruise the American Queen from Memphis to New Orleans in October 2021.

Really looking forward to the very small ship experience.

Ill be looking forward to reviews from all of you!  

Our very first cruise ever was to Alaska on the beautiful Holland America Ryndam. Still my favorite cruise and favorite ship these many years later!

I’ve  always wanted to go back.

17 hours ago, NMCruiser55 said:

We are going on the Ocean Victory June 6 from Sitka to Vancouver. Looking forward to this cruise.

Are you staying in Sitka beforehand? We have one night there after the cruise before flying home. I'm having trouble finding a hotel that is near the downtown and walkable.

2 hours ago, adstz said:

Are you staying in Sitka beforehand? We have one night there after the cruise before flying home. I'm having trouble finding a hotel that is near the downtown and walkable.

Yes, Aspen Suites Hotel. The cruiseline booked the hotel. My husband says it looks to be downtown. He also says there are restaurants nearby. Warning: he's not particular on restaurants. lol

On 2/2/2022 at 8:33 AM, adstz said:

We are on Ocean Victory (American Queen Voyages), Vancouver to Sitka in August. I believe this is the first summer of cruising for this ship.

We had excess FCC from a cancelled cruise on the American Queen from October 2020. We used the bulk of the FCC to cruise the American Queen from Memphis to New Orleans in October 2021.

Really looking forward to the very small ship experience.

We just booked this cruise for August 20.  We are looking forward to experiencing the new ship.  

22 hours ago, NMCruiser55 said:

Yes, Aspen Suites Hotel. The cruiseline booked the hotel. My husband says it looks to be downtown. He also says there are restaurants nearby. Warning: he's not particular on restaurants. lol

Just went to their website. $299 for one night. Pretty pricey. Is it cheaper through the cruise line?

1 hour ago, adstz said:

Just went to their website. $299 for one night. Pretty pricey. Is it cheaper through the cruise line?

We will be cruising from Sitka to Vancouver on June 28th. We will be staying at the Aspen Suites Hotel in Sitka for two nights - one booked directly and one pre-cruise included in the cruise. We are paying less than that per night, but I booked the hotel in August 2021. I asked American Queen if they could book an additional pre-cruise night, and at that time they did not have any availability other than the one included night.

I told the hotel I was staying the next night with the cruise, and they marked by booking to make sure I would be in the same room. I also gave American Queen my hotel booking number, and they put a note to include that information when they send the booking information to the hotel. I will, of course, call the hotel a few weeks before arrival to make sure they have the two reservations linked.

I didn't look at any other hotels, since I didn't want to stay at two different hotels on consecutive nights even if I could have saved a few dollars.

• 1 month later...

I just got a mailing from American Victory about Alaska cruises on the Ocean Victory.  It appears as if these cruises are new ones for American Queen.  Has anyone done one of thee American Queen cruises and what was your experience.  More specifically has anyone done any cruise on the Ocean Victory.  I have not been able to find much about American Queen Voyages or the Ocean Victory cruise ship. 

DON 

Ocean Victory is a new ship, and this is a new itinerary. The first cruises will be May 2022, so no one has cruised on the Ocean Victory yet.

In addition to the mailing, information is available on the American Queen Voyages website.

I've been on several Alaska cruises on large ships, and I'm looking forward to sailing on a small ship in June 2022.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:30 AM, rljan said:

We just booked this cruise for August 20.  We are looking forward to experiencing the new ship.  

Have you cruised on any of the American Queen ships before.  We are very interested in this cruise because it goes to a bunch of ports that none of the bigger bigger ships cruise to.  However I am a bit leery of booking a cruise on a line that I have never heard of and on a ship that is brand new and also one that I can find almost no reviews of.  We have been on many trips to AK including one on the Alaskan Dream (https://www.alaskandreamcruises.com/fleet/alaskan-dream/) which holds only 50 passengers which was one of the best cruises that we have ever been on.  We have been to several of the smaller ports that this cruise visits and they are really interesting non-touristy places to visit. 

I note that you live in Las Vegas which is where you live.  Perhaps we can chat off line about this cruise.

DON 

5 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Have you cruised on any of the American Queen ships before.

Yes we have cruised with them before.  We have done the Great Lakes and the Columbia River with them. The ship they are using for Alaska is new, so you won't find reviews yet.  River cruises and small ship cruising is a different animal that large ocean cruise ships.  We have enjoyed our cruises with American Queen and have 3 more booked. 

We are booked for August 2022. We took the FCC issued from a canceled Mississippi cruise and applied it to an Alaska cruise. They are very expensive because it is a very small ship (175 passengers I believe). Applying the excess FCC made the price much more palatable.

Really looking forward to the small ship experience. We have been to Alaska quite a few times but the smaller ship will allow for adventures to new places.

Looking forward to reviews of the ship and experience after she sails in May.

23 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I just got a mailing from American Victory about Alaska cruises on the Ocean Victory.  It appears as if these cruises are new ones for American Queen.  Has anyone done one of thee American Queen cruises and what was your experience.  More specifically has anyone done any cruise on the Ocean Victory.  I have not been able to find much about American Queen Voyages or the Ocean Victory cruise ship. 

DON 

FYI - if you are thinking of doing the June 27 AK cruise - you can't.  We just got the last cabin.

DON

We have really enjoyed this company. Cruised on the American Queen about 4-5 years ago and loved it!!  We will be on the Countess in June and the Duchess in September. I really look forward to being back on the Queen one of these days!

19 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Have you cruised on any of the American Queen ships before.  We are very interested in this cruise because it goes to a bunch of ports that none of the bigger bigger ships cruise to.  However I am a bit leery of booking a cruise on a line that I have never heard of and on a ship that is brand new and also one that I can find almost no reviews of.  We have been on many trips to AK including one on the Alaskan Dream (https://www.alaskandreamcruises.com/fleet/alaskan-dream/) which holds only 50 passengers which was one of the best cruises that we have ever been on.  We have been to several of the smaller ports that this cruise visits and they are really interesting non-touristy places to visit. 

I note that you live in Las Vegas which is where you live.  Perhaps we can chat off line about this cruise.

DON 

I just booked on the June 27th AK cruise.  I got the last cabin on the ship.  

DON

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I just booked on the June 27th AK cruise.  I got the last cabin on the ship.  

DON

I will be on the same cruise with you. I just started a Roll Call for that cruise - please join me there. This will be my third booking on the Ocean Victory from Sitka to Vancouver - I hope this one turns out better than the other two.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to All Ocean Victory Alaska 2022 Cruises
On 3/31/2022 at 11:19 PM, NavyVeteran said:

I will be on the same cruise with you. I just started a Roll Call for that cruise - please join me there. This will be my third booking on the Ocean Victory from Sitka to Vancouver - I hope this one turns out better than the other two.

Do you have any idea which dock we arrive at in Vancouver?  I am going to be taking a bus from Vancouver Canada Place to SeaTac.  I know where the bus picks me up.  I am not sure exactly where we dock.

DON

20 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Do you have any idea which dock we arrive at in Vancouver?  I am going to be taking a bus from Vancouver Canada Place to SeaTac.  I know where the bus picks me up.  I am not sure exactly where we dock.

DON

The first cruise from Sitka to Vancouver arrives in Vancouver on 05/28/2022. You may have to wait until that cruise arrives before you can get a definite answer to your question.