What are the best months to do Transatlantic?

I have looked at cruises and it looks like summer is not really an option in most cases.  I like an itinerary that includes iceland and/or ireland and they seem to be in March/April..... Weather is still a bit chilly at that time.  Thoughts or suggestions?

The transatlantics are spring and fall however there are many cruises doing the crossing in the summer not called transatlantic.  You will need to research cruises in the Europe or Africa category.  The northern routes usually leave from New York or Boston.   Also Cunard does their classic crossings from New York to Southampton or vice versa throughout the summer. 

4 hours ago, SDCB432 said:

I have looked at cruises and it looks like summer is not really an option in most cases.  I like an itinerary that includes iceland and/or ireland and they seem to be in March/April..... Weather is still a bit chilly at that time.  Thoughts or suggestions?

Viking Ocean have a number of cruises that include Iceland and Trans-Atlantics in the summer months

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Best months in the North Atlantic are June-July-August.  This can be done on Queen Mary 2.  The Southern Atlantic crossings that are available in March-April and October-November are generally very enjoyable.  

We're doing a TA via Bermuda and Madeira (middle Atlantic?) in August - hoping for decent weather 

COVID has played havoc with all the cruise line schedules.  But there are usually quite a few summer cruise options that include Iceland, or both Iceland and Greenland.  HAL has long run their popular Voyage of the Vikings cruise in late July or early August which can be done one way or round trip to-from Boston.  Other lines (such as Oceania) have also offered some options.  Adding Ireland to the mix does make it more complicated but there are usually some options if one expands their horizons and is willing to spend the extra time.  In some cases you might want to consider two cruises (one around the UK/Ireland) coupled with a 2nd cruise that does the TA component.  Speaking of Ireland, I would recommend visiting that island on a land trip (independent or tour) before or after a TA cruise.  Much of Ireland cannot be fully appreciated without days/weeks of land travel.

Hank

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

COVID has played havoc with all the cruise line schedules.  But there are usually quite a few summer cruise options that include Iceland, or both Iceland and Greenland.  HAL has long run their popular Voyage of the Vikings cruise in late July or early August which can be done one way or round trip to-from Boston.  Other lines (such as Oceania) have also offered some options.  Adding Ireland to the mix does make it more complicated but there are usually some options if one expands their horizons and is willing to spend the extra time.  In some cases you might want to consider two cruises (one around the UK/Ireland) coupled with a 2nd cruise that does the TA component.  Speaking of Ireland, I would recommend visiting that island on a land trip (independent or tour) before or after a TA cruise.  Much of Ireland cannot be fully appreciated without days/weeks of land travel.

Hank

Boston is a great city to cruise from.  We love the Black Falcon cruise terminal…so easy to get to.  It’s a fun city to visit…easy to fly into…great hotels and restaurants.  If you like history you’ll love Boston.