Jump to content

Oceania Regatta- January 16-30, 2023 "Dazzling Down Under"


Recommended Posts

I am just beginning to research excursions for this sailing.  I like to tour in small-group - willing to share the costs of private, small group Oceania excursions or independent.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Elgin we Would love to do same.  Did a number of small group excursions on Mediterranean Cruise a few years ago and they all worked out great.  I haven't done much research at all but suddenly got an email from Oceania that it was time to book with them - I'm really resisting that idea.  Have you any thoughts on which ports you would like to do small groups?  Things you definitely want to do or see?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:23 AM, chocchic said:

Elgin we Would love to do same.  Did a number of small group excursions on Mediterranean Cruise a few years ago and they all worked out great.  I haven't done much research at all but suddenly got an email from Oceania that it was time to book with them - I'm really resisting that idea.  Have you any thoughts on which ports you would like to do small groups?  Things you definitely want to do or see?

Hello, I am looking into a private tour on January 18th (Melbourne) to the Great Ocean Road & The Twelve Apostles.  Its a full day 12 hours.  I can send you more details if interested.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Elgin 5

Yes, we might be interested.  This is our first (and given the flight time and expense) quite possibly only visit.  Have you been there before?

Please send details.

Pam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, chocchic said:

Hi Elgin 5

Yes, we might be interested.  This is our first (and given the flight time and expense) quite possibly only visit.  Have you been there before?

Please send details.

Pam

Hi Pam, this will be the first and only time touring New Zealand and Australia.  My sister and I have booked and cancelled cruises for this destination at least 5 times over a 4 year span.  We are fully on-board for this cruise as long as we don't get cancelled because of COVID.  I have booked our flights, hotels, etc.  As you know we are in Melbourne overnight so I wanted to take advantage of a tour that has no time limitations on returning to the ship.  I looked at the excursions offered by Oceania and they did not offer this excursion.  We are going to do this "Great Ocean Road" tour in a private vehicle for 12 hours.  We do not get back to the ship until 8:30 p.m.  Its a very long day but the tour itself looks amazing.  I have attached the tour for your review.  I have a email into the Goway to see what the pricing would be for 4 people.  

Great Ocean Road Luxury Day Tour _ Australia Vacation _ Goway.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, Elgin5 said:

Hi Pam, this will be the first and only time touring New Zealand and Australia.  My sister and I have booked and cancelled cruises for this destination at least 5 times over a 4 year span.  We are fully on-board for this cruise as long as we don't get cancelled because of COVID.  I have booked our flights, hotels, etc.  As you know we are in Melbourne overnight so I wanted to take advantage of a tour that has no time limitations on returning to the ship.  I looked at the excursions offered by Oceania and they did not offer this excursion.  We are going to do this "Great Ocean Road" tour in a private vehicle for 12 hours.  We do not get back to the ship until 8:30 p.m.  Its a very long day but the tour itself looks amazing.  I have attached the tour for your review.  I have a email into the Goway to see what the pricing would be for 4 people.  

Great Ocean Road Luxury Day Tour _ Australia Vacation _ Goway.htmlUnavailable

I can't seem to open link - it says unavailable?

I agree - tour looks great.  Some of the tours seems to be priced by vehicle and then it is just divided up by however many people are on tour.  You might want to post on the Roll Call listing for this cruise.  So far I have not had anyone respond but maybe with a specific option it will generate some interest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:23 PM, chocchic said:

Elgin we Would love to do same.  Did a number of small group excursions on Mediterranean Cruise a few years ago and they all worked out great.  I haven't done much research at all but suddenly got an email from Oceania that it was time to book with them - I'm really resisting that idea.  Have you any thoughts on which ports you would like to do small groups?  Things you definitely want to do or see?

Have you also posted in your Roll  Call?  Most people wanting to share excursions will post on the Roll Call for their sailing.  You might get some general information here from locals, if that is what you are after.  Enjoy your cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oceana are expensive, many Aussies could not afford  their cruises, I have checked them out.

That's not really relevant to asking about shore excursions.  Especially if we are just providing suggestions or information about tour operators or locations to visit.

 

Nevertheless, I cruise on Azamara and Silversea, and have a future Regent Seven Seas World Cruise lined up.  There are many, many Australians on the Roll Calls for those sailings.  I must admit I have found little mention of these cruise lines on the "Australia & New Zealand" threads, but definitely many Australians on the particular cruise lines threads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fortunately like all travel products people can usually find a cruise to suit their budget.

Wonder having lost 2 years plus cruising/travel opportunity, some may seize the moment and splurge on a premium cruise?

Especially if older and see time and health issues potentially being a factor? 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, pully8 said:

Fortunately like all travel products people can usually find a cruise to suit their budget.

Wonder having lost 2 years plus cruising/travel opportunity, some may seize the moment and splurge on a premium cruise?

Especially if older and see time and health issues potentially being a factor? 

 

Or just that we have worked our way through the mass market ships during our working life and now prefer smaller, less crowded ships in our retirement.  I agree, there is something for everyone out there. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, some prefer to cruise on all inclusive others to pay as they go.

For some the ship is the destination for others they are more interested in seeing different ports.

We did a med cruise on Oceania Riviera and loved the experience. Apparently some reno is planned now.

Regatta is a smaller ship but would likely be a similar standard. 

Hope the weather is kind when it ventures down under. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...