Bamboo Room Tiki Bar - My full 2022 review (menu and pricing included)

DeenOnDeck

1 hour ago, DeenOnDeck said:

I was disappointed in my tiki room experience. I had the Royal Zombie and was dinged $1.28 as the drink was over the voucher price. Tiki glass was rather small and filled to the top with ice. A couple of long sips and it was gone, drink fast as the paper straws breakdown fast. Thank goodness Royal is replacing the straws. Went across to Playmakers and had the spicy jalapeño Margarita thing and it was a winner. This was on Navigator in January. I found the Tiki bar drink to be very weak. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Went across to Playmakers and had the spicy jalapeño Margarita thing and it was a winner. This was on Navigator in January.

Yes!...had a few of those "Goalpost".☺️

On 4/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, taglovestocruise said:

I was disappointed in my tiki room experience. I had the Royal Zombie and was dinged $1.28 as the drink was over the voucher price. Tiki glass was rather small and filled to the top with ice. A couple of long sips and it was gone, drink fast as the paper straws breakdown fast. Thank goodness Royal is replacing the straws. Went across to Playmakers and had the spicy jalapeño Margarita thing and it was a winner. This was on Navigator inJanuary. I found the Tiki bar drink to be very weak. 

Thank you for mentioning this!  We were told that all the drinks were "included" but I guess they forgot to mention the upcharge!  We didn't have the drink package, so that wasn't very obvious.  I agree with you, drink portion sizes could've been bigger.  Our "On the Runs" were tasty, but they were clearly not filled anywhere near the top, and my friend's was filled way higher than mine was!  The Tiki Gods get angry when we don't pay attention to quality control, Royal!!! 

• Like 1

This place was empty on the Navigator each time that we walked by last month. RCI needs to take a trip to Disneyland’s Trader Sam’s to get the real deal on how to run a tiki bar. I can’t see it staying at the rate it’s doing now. At least for the NV. We’ll see what it looks like next month. 

On 4/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, Jasukkie said:

I like your suggestion about music or a fake thunderstorm. I felt the theme was lacking and while I don't mind the occasional extra $1.28, it wasn't a drink I would get again. 

Yeah, I think they really need to lean into the tiki theme even more and make it a more immersive experience -- right now it's more "Bar with tiki decor" vs. Tiki Bar.  Also, I'd like to see them throw us a bone and have one or two "Tiki Specials" that qualify for the drink package -- no upcharge. 

On 4/3/2022 at 11:45 PM, cruisingator2 said:

This place was empty on the Navigator each time that we walked by last month. RCI needs to take a trip to Disneyland’s Trader Sam’s to get the real deal on how to run a tiki bar. I can’t see it staying at the rate it’s doing now. At least for the NV. We’ll see what it looks like next month. 

I can't lie to ya, Trader Sam's was EXACTLY what I had in mind, and this is what they need to aim for.  One of Mariner's biggest strengths is the decor and general vibe of the ship has a sense of the whimsical that I haven't really seen on others - so that would fit in so perfectly.  My experience was exactly the same as far as how crowded it was -- dead as a doornail.  I think there was one couple besides our group when we came in, then for the most part, we were the only ones there.  They could be promo'ing the heck out of that thing -- drink samples, hula contests, give out cheap flower lei's as people walk by -- I'd be loud and proud if I had a tiki bar (obviously, the best type of bar there is...).