Rapid Antigen Test and Masks still required

twototravel

Just received another email from ACL about our upcoming cruise in 12 days letting us know that masks will be required on the ship indoors and in motor coaches and that a rapid antigen test will be given just prior to boarding, either at the pre night hotel or at the ship. We also will need to show proof of covid vaccine and sign a covid 19 waiver. 

On the Star right now

Rapid antigen test at embarkation - YES

COVID waiver - YES

COVID card - was never asked and never showed my card

MASKS- 90% of people do not wear masks on ship. We’re told it was policy to wear masks, with a wink and a nod! Not all crew are masked either. 

Mask on busses - very few masks on busses. While on shore, if local regulations require masks, make sure you have one with you. So far, FL and GA, no masks. 

Got off Star April 2 (when Baum got on).  We had to sign waiver and show vaccination card and medical officer wrote down dates so one thing has changed.  Tested and asked to wait in our cabin until results were brought to us.  Don't know of anyone who "failed" but just waiting in one cabin meant less likelihood of being with anyone who might test positive.  That was only mention of it the whole week.  As Baum said, masks not on everyone.  We had two or three couple who always seemed to wear them but that's their choice.  Always had one in pocket when in a town but no problem.  Didn't go in the one store I saw with a sign requesting masks.  Shop owner's and shoppers' prerogatives.  Had to remember to dig out one with a cord when going to airport.  Surprised at the number of people in airport walking around without a mask but didn't see anyone approach them. On plane, of course, had to have it on except when really eating/drinking.

Georgia is one of those states where even in the height of the pandemic, many didn't wear masks. Most people now don't wear them.  For those sightseeing on Jekyll, you will probably never see someone with a mask.

17 hours ago, BaumD said:

On the Star right now

Rapid antigen test at embarkation - YES

COVID waiver - YES

COVID card - was never asked and never showed my card

MASKS- 90% of people do not wear masks on ship. We’re told it was policy to wear masks, with a wink and a nod! Not all crew are masked either. 

Mask on busses - very few masks on busses. While on shore, if local regulations require masks, make sure you have one with you. So far, FL and GA, no masks. 

Do you know whether the actual vaccination card was required or if a scan was sufficient?  We'll bring ours for our cruise later this month, but we're hoping requirements will change by then!

19 hours ago, BaumD said:

Never showed my COVID card. They never asked to see it. 

Same experience for me.  Had it in my hand, but they didn't seem interested in the card per-se.  However, needed to write all the card info (Rx type, dates, etc.) down on a form they gave me to sign.  So useful to have the card (or a replica) to copy from.

• Like 1