Allure issue in Puerto Rico

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

does it really matter?  The ship will get in and out as it should.

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Really?  How would any of us know the answer to that?  We have no idea the extent of the issue or if there is any damage, or what has to be done to correct it, etc., etc.  I'm sure the Captain will keep you informed as necessary should there be any delays or other issues.  He is the only one who will have the answer.

36 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I think if you review this thread - specifically the above posts -  you will see that my initial response was not to you, but to @erinsmom03 who was asking a rather specific question.  My reply was only trying to provide direction as to from where the correct answer would come.  

Your response specifically quoted me and my response to @erinsmom03, which (along with other of your posts) certainly took on a snarky tone to me. My responses were only to try and answer the comments made and provide input, again, as to from where the correct information will ultimately come.

You can certainly believe what you wish, but the information I provided was indeed productive and spot on as you have confirmed with information regarding the issue coming from the Captain - which is exactly as I suggested.

Again, I hope it all works out and you enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Allure is a great ship - have sailed on her several times, most recently in December and with plans again this June.

Wow... what nice responses! Someone posted right before I asked, that this problem happened to another ship not long ago. I was asking because I was curious if this was something more serious that could cause a delay in future cruises, since we are scheduled to be on Allure in a month. Or if it is something not to worry about. Based on what I thought was information someone had about a related incident.

But goodness knows, some people on CC just LOVE to be judgmental.

• Like 8

Onboard Symphony now. We missed our San Juan stop due to a ship with technical issues occupying our spot on the dock. Turns out it was Allure. Thanks to OP for sharing the cause. RC gave everyone here onboard credit for missing the port. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeshow922 said:

Currently on board the Allure of the Seas, we are sitting at the dock in San Juan. One of the mooring lines was sucked into the bow thrusters. Just wondering if anyone here has experience this type of issue before, and how bad it is or isn't? Thanks!

Thanks for your original post and let us know what happens. And sorry there is so much snark here!  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Wow... what nice responses! Someone posted right before I asked, that this problem happened to another ship not long ago. I was asking because I was curious if this was something more serious that could cause a delay in future cruises, since we are scheduled to be on Allure in a month. Or if it is something not to worry about. Based on what I thought was information someone had about a related incident.

Same. We board on Sunday and am following because I didn’t know if it was something they could fix today/tonight, or if this was a longer term thing like some of the Azipod issues that have happened previously.

Appreciate those actual responses to the OP 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

not everyone.  And you have to just feel sorry for those few as they must really lead dull lives.  Don't let them bother you.  I just laugh at them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jean87510 said:

not everyone.  And you have to just feel sorry for those few as they must really lead dull lives.  Don't let them bother you.  I just laugh at them. 

Usually I do... not sure why I let them get under my skin this time. Thanks for the reminder 🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Nothing dull going on here.  Heading to Mexico on Saturday for two weeks at an all inclusive resort with my son and his wife, woot woot.  I’ll be sure to ask for advice if needed.

I was on the other ship that this happened to. It was Enchantment near the end of March. We got a line in the bow thruster in Charleston, SC.  We were about 3 hours or so late leaving, but hauled tail back to Baltimore and arrived on time. We did need a tug in Baltimore.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Same. We board on Sunday and am following because I didn’t know if it was something they could fix today/tonight, or if this was a longer term thing like some of the Azipod issues that have happened previously.

Appreciate those actual responses to the OP 

Yeah, captain came on said that they kept telling him every 30 mins, another 30 mins. Now it's been 7 hours, but if I was on the next sailing, I'd too be interesting in any possible mechanical issues. Don't think it's going to be a long term thing, (from the bridge) but then again at 230 the word was an hour or so to get underway, so maybe somethings up?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Nothing dull going on here.  Heading to Mexico on Saturday for two weeks at an all inclusive resort with my son and his wife, woot woot.  I’ll be sure to ask for advice if needed.

lol.  right on cue....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

We’re underway and heading at 20 knots to St Maarten.  The captain kept us very well informed and there is no reason to think we aren’t in good hands. RC really does a good job handling issues. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mattscchs said:

Onboard Symphony now. We missed our San Juan stop due to a ship with technical issues occupying our spot on the dock. Turns out it was Allure. Thanks to OP for sharing the cause. RC gave everyone here onboard credit for missing the port. 

Just curious as to how much OBC everyone received

16 hours ago, mikeshow922 said:

Just wondering if anyone here has experience this type of issue before, and how bad it is or isn't?

It was reported that this same thing happened to us on the Enchantment the other week. Wound up leaving 3 hours late from Charleston (prior to our last sea day before arrival back into Baltimore on 3/25.)

Edited by AnyWayIsGood