What to do with a Nassau arrival at 2PM?!

turquoise89

We’re cruising out of Norfolk in June on Carnival Magic with 2 kids. Our Nassau time on Sunday is 2-9PM and I can’t decide what we should do that won’t be a waste of money.

If we go to blue lagoon or balmoral, I feel like they will be closing and trying to kick us out like 1-2 hours after we get to there. I also think they will likely be annoyed that they have to cater to another group of cruisers so late in the day as there will be 4 or 5 other ships there that arrive early in the morning.

The margaritaville waterpark also closes at 5 and they just raised the price $20 so I think thats out as well. I would’ve booked it at the lower price just because it was one of the cheapest options.

Would it be worth it to walk to Junkanoo for a couple hours or do they close everything around that time too?

We’re beach people so the city tours don’t really interest us especially with a 7 and 8 year old.

I feel like they just threw the Norfolk cruises together last minute so we got stuck with the terrible times 🤦🏽‍♀️

Any suggestions or advice? 😄

On 4/6/2022 at 7:06 AM, turquoise89 said:

We’re cruising out of Norfolk in June on Carnival Magic with 2 kids. Our Nassau time on Sunday is 2-9PM and I can’t decide what we should do that won’t be a waste of money.

If we go to blue lagoon or balmoral, I feel like they will be closing and trying to kick us out like 1-2 hours after we get to there. I also think they will likely be annoyed that they have to cater to another group of cruisers so late in the day as there will be 4 or 5 other ships there that arrive early in the morning.

The margaritaville waterpark also closes at 5 and they just raised the price $20 so I think thats out as well. I would’ve booked it at the lower price just because it was one of the cheapest options.

Would it be worth it to walk to Junkanoo for a couple hours or do they close everything around that time too?

We’re beach people so the city tours don’t really interest us especially with a 7 and 8 year old.

I feel like they just threw the Norfolk cruises together last minute so we got stuck with the terrible times 🤦🏽‍♀️

Any suggestions or advice? 😄

I wouldn't do Blue Lagoon. If I'm not mistaken everyone is gone by 5. If you dock at 2 you have to take in to account time to get off ship and time to get there. Wouldn't be worth the money.

I haven't been to Junkanoo but I plan on going in Sept. It's within walking distance from what I understand.

On 4/7/2022 at 3:07 PM, sthrnbll said:

I wouldn't do Blue Lagoon. If I'm not mistaken everyone is gone by 5. If you dock at 2 you have to take in to account time to get off ship and time to get there. Wouldn't be worth the money.

I haven't been to Junkanoo but I plan on going in Sept. It's within walking distance from what I understand.

I asked a couple facebook groups about blue lagoon, and I believe the consensus is they will give us the full 5 hour excursion no matter what time they normally close, but I decided I don't want to do that because I don't want to be stuck there until 8 PM.

My husband and I walked to junkanoo last time we were in nassau but it was early in the morning and then we left so I don't know what time they open or close all the stuff on the beach.. its about a 15 minute walk.

I think that's where we're going to go for a couple hours and then head to senor frogs or Lukka Kairi (right beside senor frogs) before getting back on the ship. We'll save a little bit of money by not booking an excursion and we can go back to the ship at any time if kids get tired or whatever.