Princess Military Discount for Spouses?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Did Princess change their military OBC discount to exclude spouses?  When I booked my 1st cruise, with Princess, in late 2019 (it was supposed to be summer 2020) my TA was able to get me $100 OBC for military even though I am not the military person, I am the spouse.  The cruise obviously didn't sail then b/c of the pandemic.  But, I just got the guidelines to apply for the OBC for the same cruise rebooked for 2022 and it looks like from the rules that the OBC would only be granted to the actual military person.  Since I am traveling solo I would then not qualify.  Does this sound correct?  Thanks for any info.  I would call Princess directly but I expect that I'd be waiting on the phone for hours only to be told no.

Best source is Princess directly.  However, I have been getting the military benefit for years.  I have never known it to be applicable to anyone but the military member.  You need a DD214 to qualify.  My wife has never received any benefit, nor have I ever seen anything that indicates she should.  If you find different it will be good news to a lot of people.  Safe travels.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

An add on to this thread: Widowed members of military spouses.  We indeed served too! Now that we are travelling solo it would be nice for Princess to give us a nod; a get together, a coupon or two or just a thank-you.  

• Like 2

My Husband and I were pretty solid Princess cruisers until he passed away in 2020.  Then Covid hit and all travel ceased.  I am now thinking of going out on my own alone and I guess to answer my question is to call Princess.  It is not easy to travel as a single.  It seems to be the old line from Rowan and Martins Laugh In: Sock it to Me, Sock It To Me!

• 4 months later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

I'm so sorry about your husband.  I don't know the answer to your question and hope Princess is able to give you a good one.

Princess will not give retired military widows anything... Royal will frequently (depending if they are offering a Military discount on that cruise)

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...