Best day pass location in Nassau

Megan_Strick

The British Colonial Hilton is closed.  

Margaritaville is next door and we enjoyed that.  There are a couple of adult only one. RIU maybe and Breezes. I haven't done those. 

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

The British Colonial Hilton is closed.  

Margaritaville is next door and we enjoyed that.  There are a couple of adult only one. RIU maybe and Breezes. I haven't done those. 

Have you been to Junkanoo? Thinking of just doing that. Usually, we just walk around right at the port then go back to the ship but I want to go to a beach this time.

1 minute ago, sthrnbll said:

Have you been to Junkanoo? Thinking of just doing that. Usually, we just walk around right at the port then go back to the ship but I want to go to a beach this time.

Sorry. No.  We have been there twice and did the British Colonial Hilton and Margaritaville. 

On 4/7/2022 at 1:31 PM, sthrnbll said:

We did Junkanoo in February - had a great time.  It's a fairly easy walk, and we were able to get a couple of chairs and umbrella for $25, I think.  I had heard some horror stories of people being harassed by people selling things, but that didn't happen to us.  In fact, there was a noticeable security presence.  Beach was nice, and beers were 3 for $10, not too shabby.  Food seemed pretty expensive from what we saw, so we didn't eat there.

Edited by Cuckoo7

I came across day passes being sold for British Colonial Hilton for May. Weird that it is closed but it looks like their own website. The passes were listed for $85 with a $40 food and drink credit. I wonder now if it is a different location?  https://britishcolonialhilton.idaypass.com/. I was trying to find the hours because our ship arrives late 2pm to 9 pm. I guess if it is closed, it isn’t an option.  

We were interested in Margaritaville but it doesn’t seem worth it if everything closes at 5pm. We might just walk to Junkanoo Beach.

• 1 month later...

The British Colonial Hilton closed in February.  We did Margaritaville at the end of Feb. and it was a nice day.  We got there around 11 and we left around 3:30-4pm.  It felt like a long day.  Junkanoo is next door.  

British Colonial Resort is closed, but the property managers are offering Beach Day Passes to use their private beach.  I got tickets on resort for a day dot com.  It was like $25 for the day and you had access to use their chairs, umbrellas, daybeds on their private beach.  The Bar service beside the pool was open.  Pool was not opened last week when i spent the day.  There was plenty of chairs and it was a very clean beach.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, happychippy said:

British Colonial Resort is closed, but the property managers are offering Beach Day Passes to use their private beach.  I got tickets on resort for a day dot com.  It was like $25 for the day and you had access to use their chairs, umbrellas, daybeds on their private beach.  The Bar service beside the pool was open.  Pool was not opened last week when i spent the day.  There was plenty of chairs and it was a very clean beach.  

Brilliant - thank you.  That is such an amazing, quiet beach and you are right by the ships so no stress about late taxis, traffic jams, etc.  One of the funky boutique hotel brands (Indigo?) needs to buy the property.    Serenity Beach Pass at British Colonial - Nassau (resortforaday.com)

11 hours ago, ew101 said:

Brilliant - thank you.  That is such an amazing, quiet beach and you are right by the ships so no stress about late taxis, traffic jams, etc.  One of the funky boutique hotel brands (Indigo?) needs to buy the property.    Serenity Beach Pass at British Colonial - Nassau (resortforaday.com)

Oh wow this is great news. We went there last time in Nassau and it was great. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, happychippy said:

Did you book in advance or just show up?

22 hours ago, ew101 said:

I was not impressed with the beach compared to cable or cabbage.

I will be stopping in Nassau in October on a cruise. First time there since 2016. We did British Colonial Hilton day pass when we were there in 2016 and it was very nice. I see the hotel is closed but you can still get a day pass? Is it still worth it for a day pass or should I just do Junkanoo?

18 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

I will be stopping in Nassau in October on a cruise. First time there since 2016. We did British Colonial Hilton day pass when we were there in 2016 and it was very nice. I see the hotel is closed but you can still get a day pass? Is it still worth it for a day pass or should I just do Junkanoo?

We enjoyed the daypass at the BCH a couple of times, but it was nice lounging by the pool and using the facilities. I'd make sure the pool and other facilites are available and not just that tiny stretch of beach and a few loungers.

46 minutes ago, texmat said:

How far of a ride is it to these two hotels? How much are the day passes? 

Both are about a 15 minute taxi ride, Melia is on cable beach but I don’t know if they still have day passes. Looks like RUI is $130 (I think it was about $80 when we went), but they had a very nice breakfast and lunch buffet included, plus drinks were included.I remember a DYI Bloody Mary and mimosa station.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 3:08 PM, mjkacmom said:

We enjoyed RIU and the Melia.

We are thinking of going to the RIU. Our Itinerary says Nassau noon - 8pm. Does that mean we can leave the ship at noon? Can we assume that we can get lunch at the RIU as late as 1pm, or is lunch only available at certain times? Trying to decide how much time we will have if we have to be out by 6pm and whether its worth it. TYIA

12 hours ago, MJC said:

We are thinking of going to the RIU. Our Itinerary says Nassau noon - 8pm. Does that mean we can leave the ship at noon? Can we assume that we can get lunch at the RIU as late as 1pm, or is lunch only available at certain times? Trying to decide how much time we will have if we have to be out by 6pm and whether its worth it. TYIA

I would think it would be available at 1 but you can contact the resort and ask about the buffet hours.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The RIU Buffet was like 12n to 3P last time I visited, they also had a poolside BBQ chicken place near the pool that served a late lunch from 3p to 5:30p.   There was an inside coffee/cafe type restaurant that was open until I think 2p that had cold sandwiches, milkshakes, and other cafe style food.  Beautiful property, very friendly welcoming staff, great pools, and beautiful overlook of the beach area.  I love the views, but not one to go into the ocean.  Staff advised that if you go into the ocean, as you wade out into the water it does drop off a few feet away from the shore.  RIU Did have lifeguards on the beach which was nice. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, 1kaper said:

Sorry. No.  We have been there twice and did the British Colonial Hilton and Margaritaville. 

I am considering Margaritaville Nassau for a March cruise on the Carnival Legend.  We have a couple 8 year olds with us and thought the amenities would suit them.  Any advice or pros/cons of it from your experience?  Thanks!

On 1/10/2023 at 1:34 PM, Erreyl said:

I am considering Margaritaville Nassau for a March cruise on the Carnival Legend.  We have a couple 8 year olds with us and thought the amenities would suit them.  Any advice or pros/cons of it from your experience?  Thanks!

We took our 8 yo in March and he loved it there.  He was cranky and a little sunburned from the day before and didn't want to go, until he saw it. 
It's a great spot for kids.  There is a wall to jump from, the lazy river, pool, some water slides.  And there is a small beach with stuff to do but we didn't even go there. 

We stopped on the way to pick up some drinks and just put them in our bags. 

I would recommend it.