Carnival should take note (from Celebrity - discount for B2B's)

Tom-n-Cheryl

I just learned a few days ago that I was entitled to a $50 discount per leg (7-night sailing) for our upcoming Reflection B2B - just due to the fact of having a B2B. I contacted the Blue Chip Club (who I booked through) and within a few days they sent me updated guest confirmations, showing the discount for both sailings... easy, peasy !

Perhaps I missed it, but is anything like that available on Carnival - or on other lines??

Tom

Carnival does do this, but it is not widely publicized. Only one group is entitled, shareowners.

Normally shareowners are entitled to  $50 obc for up to 6 days, $100 for 7 to 13  days, and $250 for 14 or more days.

If you book two seven day cruises you'd be entitled to receive $100 each. If they are back to back, that would be 14 days, and the Board of Directors would grant you $250 obc, in a sense a $50 discount.

8 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Carnival does do this, but it is not widely publicized. Only one group is entitled, shareowners.

Normally shareowners are entitled to  $50 obc for up to 6 days, $100 for 7 to 13  days, and $250 for 14 or more days.

If you book two seven day cruises you'd be entitled to receive $100 each. If they are back to back, that would be 14 days, and the Board of Directors would grant you $250 obc, in a sense a $50 discount.

Yes, this is separate and in addition to the shareholder's credit (which I get with both Carnival and Celebrity).

This from Celebrity is an upfront reduction in your cruise fare. On top of that I'll get $100 OBC on each of those two sailings owing to the stock.

Tom

Here's what I received in response to my query (I had sent them an email about this after reading a thread on the Celebrity boards about the B2B discount).

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue! I have attached a $50.00 discount on both of your cruises for being back to backs. The discount applied is $50.00 for cruises 7-9 nights in length and $100.00 for cruises 10 nights or more. I have sent updated invoices for both cruises to the emails on file. Please review and advise if we could further assist.

Have a good day!

Tom