Boarding Harmony tomorrow 4/17 on a B2B (not live but will respond to questions/requests)

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Wonderful day in St. Thomas yesterday, but had to divert to San Juan after we left for a medical evacuation. Coming into that harbor at night was a bit rough (P.R. Had small craft warnings all the way around the island) and we were really rocking and rolling entering and leaving the channel. 

Seas are like glass today.

What hours is JR open for breakfast?  Seems last I saw they had a very short breakfast window

The weather and sea reports are great... but I need more food reports! 🤣

Glad the diversion didn't affect too much other than rocking the boat. Hope the medical issue is taken care.

Keep the commentary coming whenever you feel like it, I know some of us are still following along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

The weather and sea reports are great... but I need more food reports! 🤣

Glad the diversion didn't affect too much other than rocking the boat. Hope the medical issue is taken care.

Keep the commentary coming whenever you feel like it, I know some of us are still following along.

Fresh made to order ham and cheese omelet this morning in WJ. Last night was Caribbean theme and everything was delicious IMHO ten times better than anything served in the MDR. Must be good, because the captain was there for dinner on Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Fresh made to order ham and cheese omelet this morning in WJ. Last night was Caribbean theme and everything was delicious IMHO ten times better than anything served in the MDR. Must be good, because the captain was there for dinner on Wednesday.

We had found that a lot on cruises pre-Covid shut down.   We were not impressed with the noise, crowding, and lack luster food in the MDR, so we started going to the WJ later....towards 8 pm.  Would 

see a lot of officers, entertainers, etc. dining in there.  Sometimes one or two of them would join us.  

Interesting conversations.  🙂 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Ask and ye shall receive! Good to hear. We've had made to order omelets in WJ once or twice but not often. Picky wife eats her eggs plain but a plain omelet beats the scrambled eggs sitting in the tray.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We made a late WJ run on our last cruise, literally right as they were closing.  We saw many crew members there loading up plates of food, especially the Indian food.  I assume that anything left when they're done is thrown away.

Once food leaves the galley it must be eaten or it is tossed. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ask and ye shall receive! Good to hear. We've had made to order omelets in WJ once or twice but not often. Picky wife eats her eggs plain but a plain omelet beats the scrambled eggs sitting in the tray.

And DW can get her two eggs over easy made just the way she likes them, unlike the hockey pucks masquerading as fried eggs in the trays.

• Like 1

Captain’s corner this morning - we are sailing right at 5,000 pax and 2,200 crew. Solarium Bistro will reopen for dinner when the load factor hits 95%, and according to the hotel director they are currently running at about 90%.

Have you visited Mini Bites up on the pool deck?

I barely remember it b/c it was different from the Wipeout Cafe the other Oasis-class ships have/had and we didn't go there much. The description in the app is not quite what I remember from my one cruise on Harmony 3 years ago.

35 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have you visited Mini Bites up on the pool deck?

I barely remember it b/c it was different from the Wipeout Cafe the other Oasis-class ships have/had and we didn't go there much. The description in the app is not quite what I remember from my one cruise on Harmony 3 years ago.

Mini Bites isn't bad.   I actually like it better than the former Wipeout Cafe.  

3 hours ago, island lady said:

We had found that a lot on cruises pre-Covid shut down.   We were not impressed with the noise, crowding, and lack luster food in the MDR, so we started going to the WJ later....towards 8 pm.  Would 

see a lot of officers, entertainers, etc. dining in there.  Sometimes one or two of them would join us.  

Interesting conversations.  🙂 

Officers and staff use WJ for the convenience and the operating hours

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Only the higher ups get to eat in the Food Slammer.  😉 

I see Steiner girls there all the time.

I used to have a chart that shows all onboard benefits based on your stripes. Saw it in Medical, and of course I snapped a photo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

So since we already get free laundry, free internet, free drinks....should we ask for FCC on the WC?  😉 

No, FCC's are 'given' if something isn't up to snuff. Your situation is completely different. 

Unless of course the internet is unusable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

No, FCC's are 'given' if something isn't up to snuff. Your situation is completely different. 

Unless of course the internet is unusable 

I couldn't help but tease the Next Cruise lady that signed us up for leg 4 when she was excited we were getting those perks when we booked that cruise.  I gave her a big "ho-hum"....but nicely.  😉 

45 minutes ago, MamadawgFL said:

also, the app is showing no dinner hours in WJ. 

The info in the app gets more complete and accurate closer to sailing- sometimes you need to check on the current sailing for the info. WJ is listed on the current sailing. 

2 hours ago, MamadawgFL said:

Would I be able to get seltzer and lime from the bar without a huge charge? I much prefer seltzer over regular water but don't want to have to lug a 12pk on board with me.

It would be the same price as a soft drink.

• Like 1