Port Shuttle Nawiliwili Kauai

EpcotKilterfan

3 hours ago, EpcotKilterfan said:

I will be travelling to Kauai in May and have an overnight stay.  I have seen mention that there is a shuttle at the port to some shopping areas.  Any current information if that shuttle is still operational?

Thank you!

Assume this is on Pride of America? She doesn't resume sailing for another week or so. Give it a couple of weeks and ask again then. Maybe the ships that are only there for the single day...which is most of the ships, also have a shuttle. 

11 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Assume this is on Pride of America? She doesn't resume sailing for another week or so. Give it a couple of weeks and ask again then. Maybe the ships that are only there for the single day...which is most of the ships, also have a shuttle. 

Thanks it is the Disney Wonder.  I will keep watch for info from Pride of America sailings.

Hopefully soon someone will be able to answer this.  My hubby and I are going to do a helicopter tour in Kauai but have others on the ship with us that wont be going.  I would love to be able to tell them they can jump on a shuttle and go to town.

16 hours ago, deladypilot said:

Hopefully soon someone will be able to answer this.  My hubby and I are going to do a helicopter tour in Kauai but have others on the ship with us that wont be going.  I would love to be able to tell them they can jump on a shuttle and go to town.

Lihue doesn't have a main shopping area like Front Street in Lahaina. The mall is about 2 miles from the ship, Hilo Hatties and Walmart, 2.5-3 miles from the ship. There is a small strip mall less than 1/2 a mile from the ship, but there really isn't one place that someone would call "town". See the map below.

https://goo.gl/maps/wc8KZ2Wpry2NG1Xf7

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 8:58 PM, scottca075 said:

The only shuttles I recall were to Walmart and Hilo Hattie's.

Pre-pandemic there was also a shuttle to the Anchor Village shopping center. There's actually a lot to do there...the stores (of course), several restaurants on both sides of the street, the Kalapaki beach (some snorkel areas plus swim), an easy 1+ mile hike to the lighthouse.

Anchor Village shows as "closed temporarily" on a Google search, although it may be reopened now. If the shuttle isn't going and you want to go there...just walk. It's not very far.