Transatlantic - weather (hot or cold) -- FT Lauderdale to Amsterdam

Hi - I've done a few searches and not found this exact question.  (Probably my bad searching as I'm sure its been asked)....

Ft Lauderdale to Amsterdam - departing late April and arriving mid May.  What weather can one expect on sea days in terms of "hot" or "cold"?  I know we can't predict if seas will be rough or calm - planning to pack a few long sleeve shirts and short sleeves with a fleece - should be OK?  I checked the port cities so know what to expect there.  I'm guessing it is not really cold, maybe just windy?

Thanks!

That should be fine.  I'm on a TA on the 29th of April and I'm doing the same things, except no fleece for me.  A light jacket will suffice.  In the mornings I get up early and usually wear a long sleeved t-shirt but it will be off once the sun comes out.  

We have done FL to the Med three times.  Most days I wore a shirt plus fleece when out on deck.  IMO, it is the wind that makes it feel colder.  The ship is moving at a good clip, so there was never the feeling of just basking in the sun, unless I was in a fully protected space.

We have been to Amsterdam  when it was 50F & another year  was 80F both around the same time in June

So I would pack for all weather 

I usually have a light fleece & a rain jacket to cut the wind  also helps if you need to keep warm worn over the fleece

you never know what the weather will be 😉