Flying to Iguazu Falls

diane.in.ny

• 4 weeks later...

I read about Aerolineas in Argentina's 800# has lower fares and more flights than published on line. I have not be able to find their Argentina 800#. Please post if you have that number. 

We arrive 8:30am EZE on a Sunday. What's the earliest flight to IGR to book? How much time should I plan for retrieving luggage, clear custom and ride to the other airport?  

• 3 weeks later...

Number is in here https://www.aerolineas.com.ar/en-us/reservasservicios/preguntasfrecuentes_aerolineasus

Hard to say about time of flights due to not knowing when you are travelling. A lot of the flights are set for a day trip so early morning and later in the day. Based on research I had done it is recommended you leave at least 4 hours to clear customs, retrieve your bags and transfer to AEP. There may be a midday flight that  could work or most likely looking at 3:30 PM or later. 

Most of the flights to IGR leave from the domestic airport in BA, Aeroparque Internacional Jorge Newbery, which is close to the cruise pier.  That is convenient for anyone arriving by cruise ship.  You should look at baggage rules, however, since it was quite restricted when we were there.  There was no luggage storage at the airport when we were there.

For the person arriving at EZE and then going to the falls, aside from possible delayed arrival or long lines at immigration, etc., the airport is a long ways from town and there was a major backup from an accident when we were there.  We ended up staying in a hotel the night after our arrival and left for IGR the next morning, storing most of our luggage at the hotel.  That also allowed us to recover a bit from our overnight flight.

We are flying to IGR the day we disembark the cruise.   I have made arrangements to drop some luggage at the hotel in BA we will be returning to later in the week.  I think we will take the 1 pm flight to IGR to leave enough time to get to the hotel and back to the the domestic airport.

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip--wish we could go again.  If you have time, visit both sides.  The Argentina side is much more extensive/takes more time.  The Brazil side provides a more panoramic view.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 5:28 AM, wrk2cruise said:

We are flying to IGR the day we disembark the cruise.   I have made arrangements to drop some luggage at the hotel in BA we will be returning to later in the week.  I think we will take the 1 pm flight to IGR to leave enough time to get to the hotel and back to the the domestic airport.

Can you share what hotel is allowing you to store your luggage.  We are looking to do Iguazu Falls the day we disembark the cruise too.  Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, thepebblegirl said:

Can you share what hotel is allowing you to store your luggage.  We are looking to do Iguazu Falls the day we disembark the cruise too.  Thanks in advance.

Recoleta Grand.   Here is the email for the front desk who was very responsive to my questions frontdesk@recoletagrand.com.

If you decide to book do so on their website as it was much less than the normal hotel booking sites.  Any questions about reservations reservas1@recoletagrand.com.   Also very responsive (hrs, not days)

Make sure to "unlock" special rates as it was a significant reduction.

https://www.recoletagrand.com/en

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Recoleta Grand.   Here is the email for the front desk who was very responsive to my questions frontdesk@recoletagrand.com.

If you decide to book do so on their website as it was much less than the normal hotel booking sites.  Any questions about reservations reservas1@recoletagrand.com.   Also very responsive (hrs, not days)

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Thank you so much for the info!  I will definitely check into staying there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 9:35 AM, scottjeanne said:

We stayed a the Alvear Palace and they held our luggage for us.

I just looked at the Alvear Palace for our pre cruise hotel in February. How was your stay?

On 7/3/2022 at 2:10 PM, asnaleah said:

I just looked at the Alvear Palace for our pre cruise hotel in February. How was your stay?

The hotel was fabulous.  They have a great restaurant and a bar the serves food as well as an orangery that does breakfast and high tea.  We were leaving too early for our flight to iguazzu falls so they gave us room service-gratis.  The room are beautiful and the bathrooms are huge with a tub and separate shower.

• Thanks 1