The Daily for Wednesday 04/20/2022

richwmn

19 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

It has been a really awful day but the good wishes,prayers and encouragement from all of the good folks here has helped tremendously. Thank you  so much. I am out of energy and brain power to attempt even blue bubbles or  multi quotes and hope you understand. 
I am off to make something or other for dinner and walk the dogs.

Terry

I am so sorry....sending prayers your way and please try to take care of yourself....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Once again, I poured a cup of coffee and it got cold before I took my first sip.  DH doesn't understand how i can go through so much coffee every day, mostly because i pour it, piddle around and then take a sip, and it's cold.

yes it happens to me when I make a cup and then get to reading and posting on cruise critics.

After the 3rd time of microwaving  heating up, it no longer tastes good.

• Like 13

@smitty34877let me offer my hopes and prayers to you, Tana and the entire family that things start to smooth out soon.  I'm sure you must be exhausted with all that's going on there.  Perhaps Tana will begin to rally and feel a little better soon.  Hugs from your Daily family.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

The XBGuys are getting Booster #2, at 2:00 pm, this afternoon.

Yesterday we celebrated XBGuy's birthday at (what was for us) a new restaurant.

IMG_0573.jpg.0ffc77bbac58261e0b94410665a9ee20.jpg

In January I posted a picture of a single bearded iris that bloomed in a planter in the back yard,  A January bloom was very unusual.  Well, now a bunch in the front yard are blooming.

IMG_8675.jpg.de67550539d93d3488c3aae1c0039538.jpg

IMG_8676.jpg.0782490eb4299b636714fa87a656a525.jpg

They were all the lilac colored like the one that bloomed in January.  Then, today I noticed that there are a couple black ones blooming.

IMG_8677.jpg.b853779e40c59eb2c0b70b673b977610.jpg

Happy belated birthday!  Thanks for the iris photos!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

And now for the update I was hoping I would not have to write.

This morning I took another test and it was negative.  I was happy.  We went to breakfast.

After breakfast Jim told me he did not feel well and went back to bed.  He stayed there all day.

i did not go out except to the pharmacy to buy some Tylenol and Flu medicine and came right back.  It was then that I noticed that I could not smell anything.  

This was not good.

I finally convinced Jim that we needed to call the Medical Center.  

They came up and tested both of us.  We were both positive.

We were given meds and told that the med staff would visit us daily and we would be allowed to quarantine on the ship.  We would not have to leave in Lisbon when the first segment is over.

We were also told that we could order from Room Service or any restaurant on the ship and it would be delivered by trolley and left outside our room by the butler.  He will knock and leave the meal on real dinnerware and cutlery.

We have to quarantine for 5 days at which point we will be tested again to see if we are sill positive. If negative, we will be tested again the next day and will be released.

The Doctor was very nice and said if we needed anything just to call and they would come to take care of us.

After they left, the General Manager called to express her sorrow at our situation and offered to help in anyway possible.  She said she would call again tomorrow to find out if there is anything we need.

Our cabin would continue to be serviced during the quarantine, just that those doing so would have to wear hazmat gear.

So that is where we are.  It is not a pretty place, but Oceania is taking care of us.

I just cannot figure out where we got this.  We did everything we were supposed to and yet we got this damn thing.

Signing off from Covid Jail.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 18

Oh @Cruzin TerriI thought you'd dodged a bullet with just having a sinus infection, but now you're both testing positive.  I'm glad you've been allowed to stay on the ship for the duration of your quarantine.  I hope the two of you get better quickly and are able to enjoy the remainder of your time on the cruise.   BTW, it's good to hear you'll be getting your meals on real dinnerware and cutlery, rather than paper plates and plastic utensils.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin Terriwhat an awful shame this had to happen to you two.  You've certainly been on a roller coaster of positive-negative testing haven't you?  But I have to say I'm impressed with how Oceania is handling your quarantine.  Better than any others I've read about these past couple of months.  Please keep us all updated on life in Covd Jail!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We are also allowed to remain in our own cabin.  Don’t have to move. The earliest date we can be released from quarantine is April 26.  Pray that happens.

Just got an email that the tour company I booked with will refund my money. Thank God.,

By the way.  I did not read any posts today.  It’s been a crazy day.  I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Prayers for everyone.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear this news, although I suspected that might be the case. I'm glad they're treating you well and that you can stay in your cabin. I hope you both feel better soon. I wonder if they'll do any contact tracing since you say you went to breakfast? Was that at a buffet or in a dining room?

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This morning I took another test and it was negative.  I was happy.  We went to breakfast.

After breakfast Jim told me he did not feel well and went back to bed.  He stayed there all day.

i did not go out except to the pharmacy to buy some Tylenol and Flu medicine and came right back.  It was then that I noticed that I could not smell anything.  

This was not good.

We were given meds and told that the med staff would visit us daily and we would be allowed to quarantine on the ship.  We would not have to leave in Lisbon when the first segment is over.

We were also told that we could order from Room Service or any restaurant on the ship and it would be delivered by trolley and left outside our room by the butler.  He will knock and leave the meal on real dinnerware and cutlery.

We have to quarantine for 5 days at which point we will be tested again to see if we are sill positive. If negative, we will be tested again the next day and will be released.

The Doctor was very nice and said if we needed anything just to call and they would come to take care of us.

After they left, the General Manager called to express her sorrow at our situation and offered to help in anyway possible.  She said she would call again tomorrow to find out if there is anything we need.

Our cabin would continue to be serviced during the quarantine, just that those doing so would have to wear hazmat gear.

So that is where we are.  It is not a pretty place, but Oceania is taking care of us.

I just cannot figure out where we got this.  We did everything we were supposed to and yet we got this damn thing.

Terri

I am so sorry to hear this.  I know how much you looked forward to this cruise and how hard you worked to get there.  I think you learned why they call this version stealth.  I hope you are both feeling better quickly.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruzin Terri Sorry to hear this news, although I suspected that might be the case. I'm glad they're treating you well and that you can stay in your cabin. I hope you both feel better soon. I wonder if they'll do any contact tracing since you say you went to breakfast? Was that at a buffet or in a dining room?

Oh yes, for contact tracing.  We had to write down everywhere we went for the last three days.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This was not good.

Terri

So sorry to hear this but thankful you are being well cared for.  I hope your meals arrive at the proper temperature.

Roy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Yesterday we celebrated XBGuy's birthday at (what was for us) a new restaurant.

A very happy belated birthday to XBGuy.   And your flowers are amazing at that time of year 👍 

A83EF7C3-5627-433F-866A-FBD57607E74B.jpeg.dc385e027f65d7cd0ff951969aee849f.jpeg

2 hours ago, lazey1 said:

On a much happier note my BIL John came home from the hospital yesterday with oxygen full time and a catheter but all in all he is doing very well. I plan to go see him this afternoon when SIL takes him for a walk.

So happy to hear he is home 👍. I hope he continues to do well and better and wish him the best recovery possible 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

It has been a really awful day but the good wishes,prayers and encouragement from all of the good folks here has helped tremendously. Thank you  so much. I am out of energy and brain power to attempt even blue bubbles or  multi quotes and hope you understand. 

You poor thing 😢 You don’t worry about us.  We are here for you.

If we could be there we would be, but we are with you in spirit and hope somehow, you can feel the care being sent to you ♥️ 

You have such a hard task in front of you and have for so long.  I can’t say I know what it’s like, but I have an idea based on my situation.

I know it’s hard but please try to take good care of yourself.  As a therapist warned me, 70% of caregivers die before those they are caring for you.  Then those that need you have no one.  So, I know it’s hard but please try to take care of yourself.  

45 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This was not good.

Oh Terri, I am so sorry to hear this 😢 

You had been so looking forward to this cruise and planned it so well.

I am glad to hear that O is letting you stay in your cabin and glad you have a PS or above to have the butler to serve you.  Nice touch that you can order from any specialty restaurant like Jacques!   

It’s not much solace but it’s a few little touches that will make your covid stay better I hope.  But, it’s not the same and my heart breaks for you after all your planning to have this happen.

I pray you and Jim have only mild symptoms and can recover quickly and start to enjoy what is left of your cruise 🙏🏻 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh Terri, I am so sorry to hear this 😢 

You had been so looking forward to this cruise and planned it so well.

I am glad to hear that O is letting you stay in your cabin and glad you have a PS or above to have the butler to serve you.  Nice touch that you can order from any specialty restaurant like Jacques!   

It’s not much solace but it’s a few little touches that will make your covid stay better I hope.  But, it’s not the same and my heart breaks for you after all your planning to have this happen.

I pray you and Jim have only mild symptoms and can recover quickly and start to enjoy what is left of your cruise 🙏🏻 

Hi Jacqui and thank you for your kind thoughts.

We are on the Nautica in a PH.  It is one of the smaller ships and only two specialty restaurants.  Polo and Toscana.  That’s okay.  The GDR is pretty good too.  We have a good butler, who can’t come in, but calls us to ask what we need and will leave it outside our room.

The funny thing is that the last time we were in Portugal I never got to see Lisbon because I fell asleep on the tour.  Now I can’t get off the ship.  Will have to try again. Third time’s a charm!

Terri

• Like 16

Just now, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi Jacqui and thank you for your kind thoughts.

We are on the Nautica in a PH.  It is one of the smaller ships and only two specialty restaurants.  Polo and Toscana.  That’s okay.  The GDR is pretty good too.  We have a good butler, who can’t come in, but calls us to ask what we need and will leave it outside our room.

The funny thing is that the last time we were in Portugal I never got to see Lisbon because I fell asleep on the tour.  Now I can’t get off the ship.  Will have to try again. Third time’s a charm!

Terri

Glad you have the PH (apologies I said PS).  Oops forgot you were on the smaller ship.  Smaller ship so hopefully Polo and Toscana are good and you can enjoy decent meals even though you are confined.

So glad you have a good butler.  This is one time it really counts, for sure.

I hope 3 times will be the charm for you.  See if you can find a cruise that starts or ends in Lisbon and spend a few days.  We had the most amazing guides when we were there last time.  It’s a beautiful city as is the surrounding area and the people are fabulous.

Hoping you both feel better very, very soon 🙏🏻 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I am off to make something or other for dinner and walk the dogs.

Terry

I am so sorry to hear this, don’t worry about anything but taking care of yourself and your family.  Sending hugs and prayers for improvement. 

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I haven't. It's a little strange, because it's on the same day as Kusadasi and we'll be at Patmos in the evening. People have been asking if the excursions listed by the cruise line will even be possible, considering that it could be dark before they end.

So far I have no plans for either Kusadasi, which is the port for Ephesus, or Patmos -- I don't have the same enthusiasm for sites important in the history of Christianity that many passengers would. OTOH, I did enjoy Basilica San Clemente in Rome, which stands on top of an earlier Christian church that was built on top of a shrine of Mithra, both of which have been excavated. Advice about Kusadasi and Patmos will be very welcome!

IMO seeing Ephesus is a pretty amazing site, and if you do make sure and visit the Terrace houses, they are quite stunning.  

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@smitty34877you know that if any of us lived close by we'd be at your house in a heartbeat, just to give you a reprieve.  You must be exhausted; I can't imagine how you're able to carry on.  Please know I'm adding my strength and prayers to those already mentioned here for you to be able to persevere through Tana's illness.  Always know you have a safe place here to let it all out - that's what family is for.

@XBGuya belated Happy Birthday to XBGuy for yesterday!

@Quartzsite Cruisersafe travels as you make your way back home.  I'm glad you're taking your time, rather than pushing it too hard.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be able to head out on the highway tomorrow - we've shovelled twice today and it looks like we might have to do a third before it gets dark.    

Take care, everyone!

It’s much better here this afternoon so hopefully you will be able to drive safely tomorrow. 

@Cruzin Terri I’m sorry to hear this, but I’m not surprised, you’ve been ill off and on for awhile and this seems to be the pattern.  I’m glad they’re looking after you well and hope you and Jim can recover quickly.    Glad to hear they’re doing contact tracing.   Just make sure to rest and take good care of yourselves so you recover fully.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@Cruzin Terri,I  am so sorry to hear of both the positive tests and the quarantine. It is so hard to be sick away from home.I hope you both feel better soon.

Such a caring community.  With everything that @smitty34877is going through to take the time to reach out to @Cruzin Terri.

I wish good health for both of you and your families.   I hope there are better days ahead for both of you.  F1657028-2B81-4CCE-B5B5-29C081BBA348.jpeg.cb46a52931eae919afd1d683619abae5.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon from Deming, NM.  It's sunny and warm.  This will be our longest day.  Unfortunately, we had more wind than expected, but nothing like what is predicted in a couple of days.  DH says he will just drive slower.  If necessary, we'll stay put somewhere until it dies down.

My father always said there was a silver lining in any situation.  Today we realized that for the last two years, it was the reduced traffic on the highways.  That was not the case today.  In spite of the continuing supply problem, the trucks were thick.

We like bananas especially in banana pudding, but we don't have them often.  Only occasionally has someone said I looked like someone they knew.  I volunteered at them DDs' schools.  When they went to college, we started traveling more, so I didn't have time to volunteer.

We will pass on the meal and the drink.  The wine sounds good.

We've been to Dublin several times and like the city.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry both of you tested positive, but I wasn't really surprised.  I hope you feel better soon.

@dfish Debbie, that's great news you got an appointment so soon.

@kochleffel  I think you would enjoy Ephesus for the stunning ruins.

@XBGuy  A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@lazey1 Glad your BIL is home and doing well.

@ger_77 Gerry, I hope the weather cooperates and you can be on the road tomorrow.

@Sharon in AZ Sharon, I would have waved but we past the road about 30 minutes before you posted.  I didn't see your post for another 30 minutes.  

Forgive me if I've forgotten anyone.  It's been a long day.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This was not good.

Terri

Sorry to hear this. Obviously we can  relate with your experience. Hopefully, 🙏 your symptoms remain mild. On our cruise they did an outstanding job of meeting our request. Whether ice, booze, specialty meals and even request for nasal spray. The crew came through. Ask for some stainless utensils.

Sorry for your symptoms but do wish all goes better.

Don’t be shy in asking.

Not fun but sign of the times. All who are so excited about new mandates should at least be aware of what may happen with these lessening restrictions.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 11

@JazzyV  I grew up in Chatham Township in Morris County, went to school in Summit at KPS.

@Cruzin Terri  I am so sorry that you both have Covid.  It is called stealth covid, (you know my concern about releasing mask restrictions)  I hope you both get better soon, and at least you still have your cabin, with a view of the ocean.  And you are not stuck in a hotel with one single view.

@smitty34877 for you and your family-

there-are-people-in-my-ie-that-im-convinced-are-27132320.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1