The Daily for Wednesday 04/20/2022

richwmn

@smitty34877sending prayers for strength and hugs for you, your family and Tana.

@XBGuyhappy belated birthday and thank you for the photos of the beautiful flowers.  I really like the deep purple iris.

I had a wonderful afternoon at my niece's where she had tea, sandwiches and cookies for my sister and me.  We looked through old photo albums, talked about her Mom, RIP, and had a lot of laughs and hugs.  Even though it's only an hour each way, I'm tired tonight -- the traffic has gotten so bad.

On another note, yesterday DS and DDIL met "that neighbor" who brought a lawsuit against the realtors and sellers of the house.  He came over with a bottle of Jameson and an apology.  Hopefully things will be ok...

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@smitty34877let me offer my hopes and prayers to you, Tana and the entire family that things start to smooth out soon.  I'm sure you must be exhausted with all that's going on there.  Perhaps Tana will begin to rally and feel a little better soon.  Hugs from your Daily family.

Just getting reading done for today. @smitty34877sending my most positive thoughts for you, Tana and her son. And best wishes to all others who are dealing with major issues and concerns. 

Susan

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

And now for the update I was hoping I would not have to write.

This morning I took another test and it was negative.  I was happy.  We went to breakfast.

After breakfast Jim told me he did not feel well and went back to bed.  He stayed there all day.

i did not go out except to the pharmacy to buy some Tylenol and Flu medicine and came right back.  It was then that I noticed that I could not smell anything.  

This was not good.

I finally convinced Jim that we needed to call the Medical Center.  

They came up and tested both of us.  We were both positive.

We were given meds and told that the med staff would visit us daily and we would be allowed to quarantine on the ship.  We would not have to leave in Lisbon when the first segment is over.

We were also told that we could order from Room Service or any restaurant on the ship and it would be delivered by trolley and left outside our room by the butler.  He will knock and leave the meal on real dinnerware and cutlery.

We have to quarantine for 5 days at which point we will be tested again to see if we are sill positive. If negative, we will be tested again the next day and will be released.

The Doctor was very nice and said if we needed anything just to call and they would come to take care of us.

After they left, the General Manager called to express her sorrow at our situation and offered to help in anyway possible.  She said she would call again tomorrow to find out if there is anything we need.

Our cabin would continue to be serviced during the quarantine, just that those doing so would have to wear hazmat gear.

So that is where we are.  It is not a pretty place, but Oceania is taking care of us.

I just cannot figure out where we got this.  We did everything we were supposed to and yet we got this damn thing.

Signing off from Covid Jail.

Terri

Oh no!!!! This is soooooo too bad. It sounds like you will be well taken care of, but still.......

Susan

• Like 9

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts.  We will get through this.  I do appreciate all the lovely messages.

I hate to sound so Catholic but I remember when something was bad the nuns used to tell us in school to offer up our suffering for someone less fortunate than ourselves.  Well, @smitty34877 Terry, it goes to you.  You need the prayers more than we do.  

We will get through this.  You are doing a special job right now.  We know what that is like. We took care of Jim’s brother for many years and those last few months were very hard. We are praying for you. 

And you.  @kazu Jacqui, because you are doing what you have to do with such grace and patience that is unrivaled.

We will survive this. There is always another cruise. 

I’ll post updates as it goes on.

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4