Fare increase after deposit? I’m confused.

Aj101

I’m seeing the balance due for my reservation numbers online are approx. $200 more than the “paper” invoice that I received when I booked and paid a deposit.  The fare has indeed increased since I paid the deposit.   Hopefully it’s just a website thing as I’ve never heard of a fare increase after a deposit.  Anyone see anything like this before? 

I just had this yesterday!  I called them since my balance owed was $200.00 more than before.  My was a lift and switch our Japan was cancelled so I rebooked for 2024. They told me that everything would remain the same I got my confirmation and it was good.  But, I happen to look on line to my upcoming cruises and this one didn’t look right, it was $200.00 more I called and they told me they charged me for the switch, which they said was a mistake and corrected it.  Then after I hung up I thought I better check my on board credit which I could find, called again and guess what forgot to transfer to new cruise.  This time I had them check all the cruise I have book for everything.  I think I will check every so often.  They did say they would correct everything!  Good luck!🍀 

• Like 1

I started a similar thread a year or so ago. It's a charge being added on by Celebrity's IT systems that shouldn't be there. If you call or email then they should remove it.

It happened to me again this week after I booked an upgraded wifi package. Logged in 2 days later and suddenly there's £80 showing to be paid on the reservation. We're long past final payment, so it was quickly removed. 

I am on the Apex this week.  I have been paid in full since we'll before the due date so imagine my surprise when we got pulled aside at check-in at the pier in Ft. Lauderdale and told I owed roughly $300!  They made me sign a paper acknowledging they told me about this before they would let us board!  It was truly an awful and humiliating experience and by forcing us to sign I questioned if I would even have a right to fight the charge, but I also didn't want to be kept off the ship so I signed under duress.  Once onboard I went to customer service and showed them my invoices (with balance of zero clearly stated) and even THEY were confused.  Within 24 hours they had contacted me and told me that I did not need to worry and the amount had been removed but it really tainted my first-ever Celebrity experience.  I don't know what is going on at Celebrity but the need to get their act together.

The onboard experience has been fantastic.  Celebrity does this part right, at least!

I had the same thing happen last week.  I had made my final payment and my wife noticed that the total was up just over $200.  I called and was told that, for reasons they could not explain, gratuities had been added to my total even though they were included in Celebrity’s Always Included deal.  I got a revised invoice showing the accurate price and was told I would receive a refund.  A week later no refund, so we’ll see.  

I would think months after the new pricing format was adopted they would have this down, but apparently they don’t.  Check your paperwork people!

We were told last Sept. prior to boarding that we owed in excess of $1600!  No, we did not. After much consultation and checking I pads, the embarrassed agent, told us we still owed $150. Told her to take it off the OBC, then we were allowed to check in and board. Two days later, GS told us that it was their error and our OBC had been restored. Next time I will have a copy of my paid in full invoice. Yes, it was embarrassing to us. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 39august said:

We were told last Sept. prior to boarding that we owed in excess of $1600!  No, we did not. After much consultation and checking I pads, the embarrassed agent, told us we still owed $150. Told her to take it off the OBC, then we were allowed to check in and board. Two days later, GS told us that it was their error and our OBC had been restored. Next time I will have a copy of my paid in full invoice. Yes, it was embarrassing to us. 

A very important rule is to bring your original booking, the updated one showing any OBC - from your TA or X, and your receipt shoeing everything is 100% paid.

There are about 50% brand new staff.  They make mistakes,  lots of them.

The prior posters seem to have forgotten they should have asked and would have likely received 50-100 for the inconvenience. 

• Like 1