Going to Canada

I have no problem with filling out the second ArriveCAN before the cruise if that’s required, but can someone tell me what to pick to get started. The option ‘entry by marine’ doesn’t seem right for embarkation. As you proceed further, will it accept answers regarding a cruise leaving the country? Has anyone actually had the experience using the ArriveCAN before boarding to cruise to the US?

On 6/9/2022 at 12:13 PM, julig22 said:

You do not have to upload your covid test results, regardless of how you are entering Canada.  Rules changed in early May I believe.

As far as I know, you only have to fill out the ArriveCan info once - which would be when you are flying, not when you are boarding the ship.

I asked Princess about this and this is correct.You do not have to do it twice as long as its within 72 hours of your cruise.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Coupe said:

I asked Princess about this and this is correct.You do not have to do it twice as long as its within 72 hours of your cruise.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Coupe said:

I called the Arrivecan number 833-283-7403...and was connected promptly to a very polite agent who verified that you MUST do two arrivecans if you are cruising. One to fly to Canada and one to cruise. If you wish clarification yourself, call the number and ask.

13 hours ago, edgee said:

I called the Arrivecan number 833-283-7403...and was connected promptly to a very polite agent who verified that you MUST do two arrivecans if you are cruising. One to fly to Canada and one to cruise. If you wish clarification yourself, call the number and ask.

This is true. One if you are cruising into Canada and one if you are flying into Canada. You only need one to enter Canada. You do not need both.

Highlighted reply
Berardi Immigration Law
Hello! Are you entering Canada to join this cruise? You will need to input your travel information and other requested information into the ArriveCAN app every time you enter Canada. Safe travels!

It is only for when you are entering Canada. You most likely did not ask the question correctly.

10 minutes ago, Coupe said:

This is true. One if you are cruising into Canada and one if you are flying into Canada. You only need one to enter Canada. You do not need both.

Highlighted reply
Berardi Immigration Law
Hello! Are you entering Canada to join this cruise? You will need to input your travel information and other requested information into the ArriveCAN app every time you enter Canada. Safe travels!

It is only for when you are entering Canada. You most likely did not ask the question correctly.

I am entering Canada, spending 6 days at Whistler and then going on a cruise. I asked the question perfectly and was told that I had to do an Arrivecan once to enter the country and again for the cruise. Perhaps I am a slightly unusual situation in that I am spending more than 72 hours in Canada before my cruise, but that is what I was very clearly told.  I am not traveling until mid July...perhaps they will end all of this instead of renewing it on June 30. I will re visit the situation at that time.

1 minute ago, edgee said:

I am entering Canada, spending 6 days at Whistler and then going on a cruise. I asked the question perfectly and was told that I had to do an Arrivecan once to enter the country and again for the cruise. Perhaps I am a slightly unusual situation in that I am spending more than 72 hours in Canada before my cruise, but that is what I was very clearly told.  I am not traveling until mid July...perhaps they will end all of this instead of renewing it on June 30. I will re visit the situation at that time.

Well, yeah, the 72 hour rule.. You're making it sound like your schedule is everyone's. You are not helping people by not explaining the.  If you are just flying into Canada and then getting on your cruise you do not need to do two.