Panama City (Fuerte Amador) & Panama City (Colon) questions

quillwercruisers

We have booked a cruise that departs from Fuerte Amador, but ends in Colon.  Does the same airport service both of these ports?  Wondering how I will need to book our airfare. 

We will probably fly in at least 1 day early if not 2, is there any hotel recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Yes, the same airport (Tocumen International PTY )will be used for both Panama City and Colon.

Been  a few years ago but I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Ft. Amador, overlooks the Pacific entrance of the Canal, decent, convenient for me and not too far away from the new cruise terminal for your embarkation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:45 AM, BillB48 said:

Yes, the same airport (Tocumen International PTY )will be used for both Panama City and Colon.

Been  a few years ago but I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Ft. Amador, overlooks the Pacific entrance of the Canal, decent, convenient for me and not too far away from the new cruise terminal for your embarkation.

I am looking at a Royal Caribbean trip in 2024, leaving from Panama City and ending at Colon. Can someone who has done a this trip tell me if Royal offers  shuttle from Colon to the Airport and approx how much that ran?

thank you

3 minutes ago, PugM0m said:

I am looking at a Royal Caribbean trip in 2024, leaving from Panama City and ending at Colon. Can someone who has done a this trip tell me if Royal offers  shuttle from Colon to the Airport and approx how much that ran?

thank you

Since that's a Royal Caribbean-specific question you probably should also post it on the Royal Caribbean board. 

Edited by njhorseman

As EM said, it is all new itins so no one as yet has had the pleasure.  Airport transfer from Colon to Tocumen Int. (PTY) will probably run a little more than to/from Ft. Amador as it is a little longer distance wise.  However travel time wise there won't be a huge difference.  I'm sure Royal will offer a shuttle to the airport, however in any event there are always taxis and vans normally available.