Rangiroa green lagoon tour reviews?

EPTCB

Hello,

I have done the blue lagoon tour in Rangiroa in the remote past and snorkel excursions in the more recent past (after Paul Gauguin started spending less time in Rangiroa).  

I am wondering what those who have done the green lagoon tour in Rangiroa thought of it. It looks like an interesting option but I am having trouble finding first hand reviews from cruisers.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, EPTCB said:

Hello,

I have done the blue lagoon tour in Rangiroa in the remote past and snorkel excursions in the more recent past (after Paul Gauguin started spending less time in Rangiroa).  

I am wondering what those who have done the green lagoon tour in Rangiroa thought of it. It looks like an interesting option but I am having trouble finding first hand reviews from cruisers.

Thank you.

Need I say more  .... this was called the Green lagoon .. taken last December

DJI_0366-Edit.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

3 hours ago, EPTCB said:

As we both know, it is pretty hard to find someplace in French Polynesia  that is not photogenic. Snorkeling any good? How about the lunch??

Snorkeling isn't good but a beautiful place to hang. If your on the PG the first tender isn't until 1 p.m. ..... lunch?

On 4/29/2022 at 9:22 PM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Snorkeling isn't good but a beautiful place to hang. If your on the PG the first tender isn't until 1 p.m. ..... lunch?

Our cruise has been changed to include Rangiroa and says 7.30am to 5pm. @Tahitianbigkahuna what would be a good tour to do and can you recommend a company?

we are in Fakarava the day before, I e mailed Ato to see if he was available but had no reply

11 minutes ago, ScotsLady said:

Our cruise has been changed to include Rangiroa and says 7.30am to 5pm. @Tahitianbigkahuna what would be a good tour to do and can you recommend a company?

we are in Fakarava the day before, I e mailed Ato to see if he was available but had no reply

Your on a 11 night that was to go to the Cook's and the itinerary changed due to the Cook's still not open to cruise ships ... thus the reason you have an entire day on Rangiroa. The vendor we've used in the past is now providing excursions to the Aquarium for the ship. My next trip we will simply take the ship's offering to the Aquarium ... I would do an internet search for a vendor.

I have been in touch with Rangiroa Excursion regarding a trip to the Blue Lagoon.  The trip advertised on her website would not get us back to the ship on time, but she has said that if I can get another 6 people to join the tour, she would organize a trip to the Blue Lagoon for Paul Gauguin cruisers.  I don't know if this would be of interest to you.  I don't have many details yet as I have only just started talking with her about this.

1 hour ago, seascot said:

I have been in touch with Rangiroa Excursion regarding a trip to the Blue Lagoon.  The trip advertised on her website would not get us back to the ship on time, but she has said that if I can get another 6 people to join the tour, she would organize a trip to the Blue Lagoon for Paul Gauguin cruisers.  I don't know if this would be of interest to you.  I don't have many details yet as I have only just started talking with her about this.

Hi,

yes my husband and I would be interested in this.

Irene

That's great.  I'll keep you up to date with any developments and post on our Roll Call when I have details confirmed and hopefully more people will join the tour.

FYI .... it can be a rough long ride out to the Blue Lagoon. Snorkeling is so so though the setting is gorgeous. Last time I went out there you had to wad in  .... with dozens of black tip sharks  ... they were bumping into us as we wadded in. Just don't try and feed them as you walk along but it was a real thrill.

Blue Lagoon Rangiroa.jpg

Sorry, but the Blue Lagoon Tour is proving too difficult to organize so we are going to do the Green Lagoon Tour instead.  Maybe for the best considering the long boat ride there and back.

3 hours ago, seascot said:

Sorry, but the Blue Lagoon Tour is proving too difficult to organize so we are going to do the Green Lagoon Tour instead.  Maybe for the best considering the long boat ride there and back.

The Green Lagoon and Rangiroa Excursion's two boats. Beautiful setting but as I mentioned the snorkeling is so so though there are 3 or 4 small albino eels in some rocks just to the right of the group of people. The ride is about 25 - 30 minutes but they stay close to shore so it isn't rough.

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Just now, seascot said:

Thank you for the photos.  The Green Lagoon does look beautiful and as we are not too fussed about the snorkeling, it will be ideal for us.

They usually take you to the Aquarium ... request it as the last stop as most the tours boats will have already come and gone 😉

On 5/5/2022 at 7:55 PM, seascot said:

Are you looking for anyone else to join you?

Yes, that would be good.  We just booked it direct on www.rangiroaexcursion.com who said that it was a 9.00am pickup on the tender dock, with a 3.30pm drop off.  Look forward to seeing you onboard.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, seascot said:

Yes, that would be good.  We just booked it direct on www.rangiroaexcursion.com who said that it was a 9.00am pickup on the tender dock, with a 3.30pm drop off.  Look forward to seeing you onboard.

@seascot can I ask what you understand about covid testing to enter Tahiti. To enter USA even for transit USA site says a test a day before travel which is fine. But Tahiti site says for travellers transiting USA 24 hours before flight.  If it is 24 hours it is a bit of an issue for us. Our flight depart Paris at 1205 on the Saturday and we arrive in Tahiti same day late evening. But we leave Glasgow on The Friday lunchtime to go via Heathrow to Paris. I have e mailed Tahiti tourism but no response. Also our flights not on same ticket, so Glasgow Paris is one ticket and Paris Tahiti another. 

I am no expert on testing, but as far as I am aware it is 24 hours before your Paris to Tahiti flight.  I think that you would need a test in Paris.  So, at the moment, we will be taking a test the day before our flight to San Francisco and as we are staying overnight in San Francisco, we will have to take another test before our flight to Papeete.  We land in SFO at 5.30pm so will take a test at the airport before going to our airport hotel.   Our flight is at 1.30pm the next day with United so this should be OK.  Hopefully, French Polynesia might drop testing requirements before we go, but I am getting really stressed out about all the different testing requirements.

1 hour ago, seascot said:

I am no expert on testing, but as far as I am aware it is 24 hours before your Paris to Tahiti flight.  I think that you would need a test in Paris.  So, at the moment, we will be taking a test the day before our flight to San Francisco and as we are staying overnight in San Francisco, we will have to take another test before our flight to Papeete.  We land in SFO at 5.30pm so will take a test at the airport before going to our airport hotel.   Our flight is at 1.30pm the next day with United so this should be OK.  Hopefully, French Polynesia might drop testing requirements before we go, but I am getting really stressed out about all the different testing requirements.

Yes I am too. Was hoping USA might drop requirements before then as it has been rumoured they are planning to.

we arrive in Paris after 7 pm airport  facility closed. We have to check in at 9.05 am for the Tahiti flight so have to hope we can get a test before then.

I hope it all works out for you.  Even if Tahiti changes to testing 48 hours prior for UK travelers, it would make things a lot easier.  It means we could get tested at Edinburgh Airport on the morning of our flight to SFO and you could get tested at Glasgow Airport.