Lifecenters.ca

Cruisefanatic47

26 minutes ago, Cruisefanatic47 said:

Our cruise is coming up in a few weeks and we are trying to find a reputable telehealth company for our COVID tests.  Has anyone used lifecenters.ca?  They seem to be the least expensive.  Thanks.

I am trying them out today for a sailing tomorrow - will keep you posted 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisefanatic47 said:

Thanks.  🤞🏻You get negative results.

Results were negative - yeah!! Very simple and painless. Testing results took 15 minutes, 2 minutes later got an email 🙂 Will let you know how it goes after embarkation tomorrow. 

We used the free tests BTNX tests (green box says Rapid Response Covid 19 Antigen) from the pharmacy in BC.

Edited by Lyn2018
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We used them this past Monday. We, also, used the free green box BTNX "Rapid Response" tests. It was very simple and straight forward and we had our "Negative test" e-mail before we even logged off.

We drove to Seattle the next day to board "Ovation of the Seas". I had printed out our results, which we needed to show, along with our boarding pass, in order to gain admission to the terminal. The woman who checked our paper work was looking for our name, the date, and the word "Negative". Nothing else.

Their price is $20 for the first person plus $5 for each additional person--up to 6 people maximum. So, the total cost for my husband and me was CAD$25---the cheapest price I've found. If needed, I will definitely use them again.😊

• Like 5

On the ship no problem. I did the VeriFLY, ArriveCAN and boarding all online. Didn’t have to show any papers just showed apps and passport. Took 40 minutes to through different security lineups 🙂Btw terminal very spotty for cell service might be good to take screen shots jic. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lyn2018 said:

On the ship no problem. I did the VeriFLY, ArriveCAN and boarding all online. Didn’t have to show any papers just showed apps and passport. Took 40 minutes to through different security lineups 🙂Btw terminal very spotty for cell service might be good to take screen shots jic. 

Thanks for the update.  Have a great time!

• Like 1

Just chiming in here to add that we used them to 1) fly into the US, and 2) board Royal Caribbean's Wonder of the Seas.

They were really inexpensive, easy to book, great to deal with, and our results came via email the exact minute our appointment was completed. I liked being able to book both my husband and I into a single appointment, to save money & time.

We used the green/free tests that we get here in BC.

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback on Lifecenter.ca.  I see Royal Caribbean Lines accept the green/free box tests and lifecenter.ca.  What about Princess and Carnival cruise lines?   I will be on those 2 lines in May and June?  

Thanks,

Grace

• Like 2

I decided to book this test option for our upcoming sailing on May 21.  I will be also using it for our Bermuda Travel authorization.   I will report back how that all goes.

25.00 for both of us is the cheapest option I've seen yet.  Happy to hear firsthand that RCCL is accepting them.  I have a SDM test booked as a backup.  We have 2 full boxes of the free tests that we can get in Ontario so it will be great to use 2 of tests for this purpose.  We will also take a few of them with us on our sailing.

Edited by edrussell
  • Like 2

Got an appointment booked for next Monday. Question…can it all be done with a tablet, or do you need a smart phone too.  Trying to figure out how they watch you do it all, then keep an eye on the finished tests for 15 minutes with only one device. 
obviously there is a way!  Can’t find anything online except how to do the test…got that…just wonder about the transfer from watching people do the test, to watching the tests lay there for 15 minutes?  Thx. This may not make sense…..I understand what I am asking!   It will happen, and then I will know!  

• Like 1

Hello Muffin,

Which test are you using?  The green box from the BC pharmacy?  And which cruiseline are you using for?  In the past, I used Switch Health for family travel.  It is much cheaper to use healthcenter.ca for more than 1 person.  Want to know if healthcenter.ca applies to upcoming Princess and Carnival cruises.   On Switch Health, we don't stay online for the waiting period, they will email you the result which can be downloaded onto cruiseline website and verifly (if using HAL or Carnival).  I used a pot (something heavy)  to stand the cell phone to do this test.  

Good luck.  It will all work out.

PS, I am from Duncan, Vancouver Island

Hi lost4 sure!  Yes, the green box from BC pharmacies. We are on HAL next week out of Vancouver. Seems to me nobody is having any proctored test  questioned as long as it is dated,  name identified of patients, has all the magic words and  especially NEGATIVE!  Plan on using it  for Princess in the fall if it is still required.

drove through Duncan yesterday on way home to QB from Vic! happy travels. 

Just did the test. Beyond easy and  very helpful Andrew was our guide. Results in 15 minutes after we finished the two person test. The test itself was done and being read within 5 minutes of the start.  Very impressed. Not impressed with my positive result, but was expecting it as we had done a self test 5 days ago and it was positive.T his was our 2 day prior proctored test. Have cancelled cruise for Wednesday and working on a rebook for mid June. Alaska on HAL. 
see lifecenter iis booking up….plan ahead. 25$  for two people is amazing. Good professional report with all the info required. Calgary based, so no communication difficulties. Highly recommended. 

Edited by muffin
  • Like 1

I wanted to use lifecenters for our upcoming Disney cruise in July but they don't seem to take weekend appts and I have to take the test within 2 days of the cruise (so either a Sat or Sun for a Monday cruise). Has any one used Azovo or Rapid Test and Trace?

1 hour ago, bcwife76 said:

I wanted to use lifecenters for our upcoming Disney cruise in July but they don't seem to take weekend appts and I have to take the test within 2 days of the cruise (so either a Sat or Sun for a Monday cruise). Has any one used Azovo or Rapid Test and Trace?

What about testing Monday morning?

They do  indeed do weekend virtual  apts.  if you are looking at May they are light in colour because they are full. I suspect it is airline tests for Americans returning to USA by plane from cruises, and Canadians going on cruises from the USA. 

I see your problem with July......too many people have found out the great fee schedule and are booked for weekend cruises and flights. 

They were very professional. Use the phone call number if you need to get info. Perhaps they have a workaround or are hiring like crazy!   Perhaps a wait list is available?  Good luck. 

Edited by muffin
Info

5 hours ago, bcwife76 said:

My husband and I along with two other friends used Azova for a HAL cruise a few weeks ago. No problem at all and they always seem to have availability 24/7. 

• Like 1

Just finished our test (one for me and one for my wife).  Fantastic experience overall.  Super quick and efficient.  They used Google Meets which worked perfectly.

Results about 2 minutes after the call ended.  They contain all the relevant information and I suspect there will be no issue.

We've uploaded both results for the Bermuda Travel Authorization so we will see how that goes.  Again I suspect no issue.

With any luck in less than 24 hours we will be off for our second cruise.  We are driving to the port so that makes the process much simpler for us.  We live quite close to the border so I suspect we should on the interstate tomorrow this time enroute.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 7:09 PM, gnome12 said:

What about testing Monday morning?

Unfortunately our negative test results must be uploaded to Safe Passage (the site our cruise line uses for vax proof and testing) by midnight the night before your cruise. So I need to upload my results by Sunday night.