Lifecenters.ca

Cruisefanatic47

29 minutes ago, shuyak said:

May I ask what time zone should be used for Vancouver? 

Pacific?  Did not find "pacific daylight".

Thanks.

Currently Vancouver is GMT-7 (UTC-7), Pacific Daylight Savings Time.

Edited by broberts

On 5/8/2022 at 11:40 PM, lost4sure said:

Thanks for the feedback on Lifecenter.ca.  I see Royal Caribbean Lines accept the green/free box tests and lifecenter.ca.  What about Princess and Carnival cruise lines?   I will be on those 2 lines in May and June?  

Thanks,

Grace

It is lifecentres.ca , make sure you have the S or you get this 🤣

532D8240-6B15-4FEB-9BBF-B2672701B377.png

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It is lifecentres.ca , make sure you have the S or you get this 🤣

Actually it is lifecenters.ca (using the American spelling of center).

• Like 1

@Fouremco, thank you!  I was not sure if the "pacific daylight" is the "pacific" listed in the Life Centers' scheduling page.

Can someone advise if there is reliable T-Mobile services around Canada Place?  Perhaps we can do proctored tests prior to debarking. 

Flying back to US the following day - assuming it will not be easy to find a quite place until we can check into hotel in the afternoon.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, shuyak said:

@Fouremco, thank you!  I was not sure if the "pacific daylight" is the "pacific" listed in the Life Centers' scheduling page.

Can someone advise if there is reliable T-Mobile services around Canada Place?  Perhaps we can do proctored tests prior to debarking. 

Flying back to US the following day - assuming it will not be easy to find a quite place until we can check into hotel in the afternoon.

Thank you!

T-Who ? , 

there are no US cellphone provides in Canada 

you would have ask your provider who the partner with in Canada 

On 5/22/2022 at 7:48 PM, shuyak said:

T-Mobile most likely has a partnership agreement with one of the 3 major wireless carriers (Rogers, Telus, or Bell) in Canada.

22 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

T-Mobile most likely has a partnership agreement with one of the 3 major wireless carriers (Rogers, Telus, or Bell) in Canada.

@shuyakJust note that this is roaming service, and you are likely to be charged a per day fee if you use it.

which I would have found this before. My apt is for Thursday June 2nd. will be going in person ( $40 . pers).

No time slot for Thursday

Friday still available. but  not worth the extra stress to wait another 24 hrs to test.

But will keep the info for the future. 

Thanks 

We are planning to book our virtual tests with Lifecenters for a Princess cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage in July. I will be booking for 4 people, including our friends who will be here from Denver. I had planned to use the free green box BTNX Rapid Response tests for all of us, but now I’m wondering if the American friends need to bring and use FDA approved kits? I always thought you were to test using a test approved in the country of testing. The Princess website continues to say EUA FDA approved kits, but I know from this thread that the green box ones are fine for Canadians.. Perhaps @shuyak or any other American resident reading this can tell me which type of tests they used with Lifecenters. I phoned Lifecenters, and they weren’t sure, either. They said to call Princess. My feeling is that the person on the phone at Princess won’t know the answer either. I would rather hear true experience from someone here who has already been to Alaska from Vancouver this year and used Lifecenters for their test.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, MOLAcruiser said:

We are planning to book our virtual tests with Lifecenters for a Princess cruise from Vancouver to Anchorage in July. I will be booking for 4 people, including our friends who will be here from Denver. I had planned to use the free green box BTNX Rapid Response tests for all of us, but now I’m wondering if the American friends need to bring and use FDA approved kits? I always thought you were to test using a test approved in the country of testing. The Princess website continues to say EUA FDA approved kits, but I know from this thread that the green box ones are fine for Canadians.. Perhaps @shuyak or any other American resident reading this can tell me which type of tests they used with Lifecenters. I phoned Lifecenters, and they weren’t sure, either. They said to call Princess. My feeling is that the person on the phone at Princess won’t know the answer either. I would rather hear true experience from someone here who has already been to Alaska from Vancouver this year and used Lifecenters for their test.

Thank you.

The tests everyone uses for LifeCenters must be an approved Health Canada test. There is a FAQ section on their website and if you scroll down a bit it will give examples of which tests they accept and then give you a link to check out all the tests that are approved by Health Canada.

"

Which tests are Health Canada approved?

Some of the most common Health Canada approved rapid tests are:

• BTNX Rapid Response (green box)
  • Abbott PanBio. 
  • Boson SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test
  • Artron Rapid Antigen Test
  • Roche Rapid Antigen Test

You can search the Health Canada page to see if a specific test is approved."

1 minute ago, bcwife76 said:

The tests everyone uses for LifeCenters must be an approved Health Canada test. There is a FAQ section on their website and if you scroll down a bit it will give examples of which tests they accept and then give you a link to check out all the tests that are approved by Health Canada.

"

Which tests are Health Canada approved?

Some of the most common Health Canada approved rapid tests are:

• BTNX Rapid Response (green box)
  • Abbott PanBio. 
  • Boson SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test
  • Artron Rapid Antigen Test
  • Roche Rapid Antigen Test

You can search the Health Canada page to see if a specific test is approved."

Yes, I knew that about Health Canada, and I know from this thread that we will be fine to use the green box BTNX kits. But Princess says FDA approved tests, hence my apprehension for our American visitors being tested while in Canada. Maybe they should just bring and use their own test kits with an American based telehealth company such as Azovo. That might be the best workaround. I know I’m over thinking this!!

Thanks.

@MOLAcruiser, our trip will be in near future - plan to use this service though. 

We assume the testing for Vancouver embarkation should comply with Canada's requirements, and testing for flying back to US should comply with US (CDC) requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/medical-devices/testing/antigen-devices.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#anchor_1635127081

2 hours ago, shuyak said:

@MOLAcruiser, our trip will be in near future - plan to use this service though. 

We assume the testing for Vancouver embarkation should comply with Canada's requirements, and testing for flying back to US should comply with US (CDC) requirements.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/covid19-industry/medical-devices/testing/antigen-devices.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html#anchor_1635127081

Thank you for your reply @shuyak. Your understanding  confirms my original thoughts, that when anyone is testing in Canada, use a Canadian approved test.

I found this document also.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

I now feel confident that we 4 can all safely use my green box BTNX test kits with Lifecenters.

Thank you for your help.

22 hours ago, MOLAcruiser said:

Yes, I knew that about Health Canada, and I know from this thread that we will be fine to use the green box BTNX kits. But Princess says FDA approved tests, hence my apprehension for our American visitors being tested while in Canada. Maybe they should just bring and use their own test kits with an American based telehealth company such as Azovo. That might be the best workaround. I know I’m over thinking this!!

Thanks.

haha believe me, I don't think any of us can overthink things these days when it comes to travel. Better to cover all your bases 😉

Suggest you book with lifecenters soon. They are not a huge company and word is getting out about their very good pricing.  We found them very helpful and professional. 

I made our booking on Thursday afternoon for a July 1 appointment for 4 people. How long should I expect to wait before receiving the meeting link from them? Sister-in-law says she received hers right away when she made her booking a few weeks ago for her appointment today. I didn’t. She thinks I should contact them. Still lots of time, but just wondering what others experience has been with timeline for receiving link after booking?

Thanks.