Lifecenters.ca

Cruisefanatic47

23 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

One thing that caught my eye is that you can book 2 people at once with the Lifecenters. I'm assuming that it is one login? Do you have to register with the website ahead of time, or is it strictly done through Google Meets (yikes! something else to learn!) day of? We'll be in Europe, so we'll need to figure out timing with a 6 hour difference. Maybe we'll get lucky and precruise testing will be dropped by the fall. And it can all be done on an iPad, right?

All through Google Meets.  No preregistration for anything.  In our case we used my windows laptop with a webcam.  

On 4/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, Retirement said:

We used them this past Monday. We, also, used the free green box BTNX "Rapid Response" tests. It was very simple and straight forward and we had our "Negative test" e-mail before we even logged off.

We drove to Seattle the next day to board "Ovation of the Seas". I had printed out our results, which we needed to show, along with our boarding pass, in order to gain admission to the terminal. The woman who checked our paper work was looking for our name, the date, and the word "Negative". Nothing else.

Their price is $20 for the first person plus $5 for each additional person--up to 6 people maximum. So, the total cost for my husband and me was CAD$25---the cheapest price I've found. If needed, I will definitely use them again.😊

I have the green box free tests as well (BC). Does it need to be a new box or are they more concerned that the tests inside are new?  There is not QR on my box 

44 minutes ago, Lulubelle45 said:

I have the green box free tests as well (BC). Does it need to be a new box or are they more concerned that the tests inside are new?  There is not QR on my box 

We have used the BTNX tests in a proctored test. The box can be opened, but the individual items must stay sealed until the test starts. No QR code required.

• Like 1

My husband and I did the test using my iPad.  It was a bit awkward tilting it so the nurse could see the testing devices but we managed. The nurse at WM Life Centres had great customer service skills (used to dealing with seniors) and walked us through the whole procedure.  We were emailed the results within minutes.  The main thing is that NCL accepted the results so I am a very satisfied customer!

I downloaded the Meet Google app on my iPad first.  

• Thanks 1

Did our tests with Life centers.ca using the free (Ontario) BTNX Rapid Response kits that we picked up at Walmart. So easy and efficient. $25 for 2 of us and was emailed the paperwork (negative) within 10 minutes. Will use this service again for next cruise in August. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidvan said:

Did our tests with Life centers.ca using the free (Ontario) BTNX Rapid Response kits that we picked up at Walmart. So easy and efficient. $25 for 2 of us and was emailed the paperwork (negative) within 10 minutes. Will use this service again for next cruise in August. 

Agree with @sidvan. We also did our testing this morning using our free (BC) BTNX kits, but due to travel issues, our friends couldn’t be here with us. They picked up their own test kits (a different brand) near their hotel in Richmond and joined the same appointment link as us from their location. 4 tests, 15 minutes, $35 total for 4 people, results in 10 minutes, all negative. I highly recommend Lifecenters.ca.

Edited by MOLAcruiser
Added info
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ShelbieE said:

We are sailing to Alaska on Celebrity and they require tests to be FDA approved, so would the free Canadian tests still be acceptable if they are supervised by lifecenters or such?

Yes, they are accepted by Celebrity.

20 hours ago, LooseMoose said:

Good Day,

I have an appointment on Saturday 11:00 am,  when should I expect the Goggle Meet link to arrive, Thanks

One or two days before. They sent me a text and an email 2 days before with the info and then a reminder the day before via text and email.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:28 PM, sidvan said:

That is exactly what I wanted to hear.  We will book them for our August cruise as well.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:25 PM, maryann2 said:

I used Lifecenters.ca for my test for Carnival last week. Excellent service with Andrew. Used free green box.

Will use them again.

This is great to hear Maryann.  We have booked with Lifecenters to do the test in Dublin next Sunday and we will be using the green box also.  i hope it all goes as planned.  Isn't this COVID virus a huge stress for us travelers!

On 7/13/2022 at 12:25 AM, maryann2 said:

I used Lifecenters.ca for my test for Carnival last week. Excellent service with Andrew. Used free green box.

Will use them again.

Thanks for the positive review.  We booked with them to do our testing in a couple of weeks prior to our next cruise.  Fingers crossed the experience is as good as your experience was and that everyone tests negative.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:25 PM, TeaBag said:

This is great to hear Maryann.  We have booked with Lifecenters to do the test in Dublin next Sunday and we will be using the green box also.  i hope it all goes as planned.  Isn't this COVID virus a huge stress for us travelers!

Will be interesting to hear how well it works in Dublin and overseas.

Have a great trip.

16 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

Thanks for the positive review.  We booked with them to do our testing in a couple of weeks prior to our next cruise.  Fingers crossed the experience is as good as your experience was and that everyone tests negative.

I have booked them again for August 9th.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maryann2 said:

I have booked them again for August 9th.

Have a great cruise.

August 4th for our tests with Lifecenters.  I wanted my in-laws to book it as well, but they are concerned it will be too difficult to do virtually themselves.  Instead, they are paying double and driving 40 minutes to do it at Costco.  

I recently picked up some more free (BC) Covid tests, but they have a blue box and the brand in them is Artron Labs. Looks like a local BC company. Has anyone used these? I still have 2 left in my last green box, but just in case.

Do we need to download Google Meets? And someone remind me. If I’m in Hawaii doing this proctored test, I’m confused with times on what I pick on their time slots. Example I would want to do it at the hotel 2 days before. So do I pick what time if I want a 4 pm Hawaii time….I’m so confused lol

22 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Do we need to download Google Meets? And someone remind me. If I’m in Hawaii doing this proctored test, I’m confused with times on what I pick on their time slots. Example I would want to do it at the hotel 2 days before. So do I pick what time if I want a 4 pm Hawaii time….I’m so confused lol

You don't need to download Google Meets. I was reminded by email (with a link to join) and by texts on my phone.

When you want to book a date and time,  at the bottom of the screen is a yellow band where you can change the time to Hawaii time. 

I have not used lifecenters from overseas so cannot help you. They did ask where I was testing from and I replied Vancouver.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 4:05 PM, sunviking90 said:

I recently picked up some more free (BC) Covid tests, but they have a blue box and the brand in them is Artron Labs. Looks like a local BC company. Has anyone used these? I still have 2 left in my last green box, but just in case.

I cruised through accepted tests on Canada Govt. page and the blue Artron are good to use so will be accepted by cruise lines and lifecenters.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, maryann2 said:

You don't need to download Google Meets. I was reminded by email (with a link to join) and by texts on my phone.

When you want to book a date and time,  at the bottom of the screen is a yellow band where you can change the time to Hawaii time. 

I have not used lifecenters from overseas so cannot help you. They did ask where I was testing from and I replied Vancouver.

Thank you. I wonder if I need to confirm with NCL that this is acceptable ?

• 2 weeks later...