Princess Medallion

8 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We haven't dined on large tables for years mostly for this reason, if we have friends onboard we may dine with them now and then and I sit accordingly so I can hear.

Thankfully Andy and I love dining alone, breakfast lunch and dinner.

Horses for courses for us. We are happy to share a table with someone we already know, or someone we have enjoyed time with at a bar or around the ship. For our next one, we have pre-booked a small table for the same time in one of the dining rooms. The shared seating for dinner has generally served us well on fixed dining though, but we are no longer into open large table meals, even for breakfast or lunch. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Same here.....deaf in one ear, ok hearing in the other. Wore a hearing aid in one ear for a few years, sound is all over the place, I lose balance etc. Since we haven't been cruising I just stopped wearing it, but am looking at getting one of the latest ones and possibly may need one for the left ear to even things up.....$$$$!

We haven't dined on large tables for years mostly for this reason, if we have friends onboard we may dine with them now and then and I sit accordingly so I can hear.

Thankfully Andy and I love dining alone, breakfast lunch and dinner.

I wear hearing aids, but at a dining table, I try to sit in the middle so I am closer to people at both ends of the table.

22 hours ago, Russell21 said:

I can only assume that the people with hearing aids who are having a problem with background noise in the dining rooms, or elsewhere for that matter, have a cheap hearing aid.

I don't know if the Hubby's hearing aids are cheap ones or not.  He gets them through Veterans Affairs as his hearing problems are a result of his service and are therefore paid for by the Govt.  How lucky was that?  Getting your marble pulled out of the barrel and then 40 years later the grateful nation provides you with hearing aids and a very small pension.  Yay for that!  😉

Anyway, all that aside, I am up for dining in the posh place so you never know, you just might find me at your table some day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubbeh said:

I don't know if the Hubby's hearing aids are cheap ones or not.  He gets them through Veterans Affairs as his hearing problems are a result of his service and are therefore paid for by the Govt.  How lucky was that?  Getting your marble pulled out of the barrel and then 40 years later the grateful nation provides you with hearing aids and a very small pension.  Yay for that!  😉

Anyway, all that aside, I am up for dining in the posh place so you never know, you just might find me at your table some day.

Any Digger is welcome at my table, I wore green too. The freebies usually end up living in a drawer, I paid an extra $2700.00.

Edited by Russell21
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Aus Traveller said:

For our 26th June cruise, the boarding time was available to book around 10pm 60 days before the cruise. Disembarkation times were still not available when I checked last night. We disembark on 3rd June, much less than 60 days from now.

I am down to 60 days, 20 hours, 10 minutes.

Should I be checking hourly now?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

We are on the 12th August, so I was in your position a week ago. I checked regularly, but nothing came available to me until it was 59 days and some hours. If I remember correctly it was midnight or 1am when I got to choose arrival group A.

I think you can safely go to bed now and have a late night tomorrow night!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

We are on the 12th August, so I was in your position a week ago. I checked regularly, but nothing came available to me until it was 59 days and some hours. If I remember correctly it was midnight or 1am when I got to choose arrival group A.

I wish I could. I am so on edge waiting.

Well, not so much. I am covering one of our team so he can have a much needed holiday, so doing my first week of night work in around 6 months. It does set things up well for tomorrow night though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Ours was a day later, something to do with US east coast time maybe, so have patience ... and don't panic 🙂🙂🙂

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Start checking around 7pm. My 26th June one didn't come up until around 10:30pm though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

🤣 ha ha…I’ve been checking too… I’ve set my alarm for 6.30pm… it will be exactly 60 days! Let’s see what happens 

32 minutes ago, Jandex said:

🤣 ha ha…I’ve been checking too… I’ve set my alarm for 6.30pm… it will be exactly 60 days! Let’s see what happens 

I just came off the first cruise and I doubt they checked what time anyone was boarding, they asked if I was elite and yes was the reply , I had 11.30 boarding time and I was walking up the gangway at 11.05 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I just came off the first cruise and I doubt they checked what time anyone was boarding, they asked if I was elite and yes was the reply , I had 11.30 boarding time and I was walking up the gangway at 11.05 

On 16th no one asked anything re status. I didn’t even get chance to look up things about yellow or blue as I planned

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rkmw said:

It may be a bit different for subsequent cruises as they would have to wait for people to finish disembarking before allowing new embarkations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It may be a bit different for subsequent cruises as they would have to wait for people to finish disembarking before allowing new embarkations.

As the weeks and months go on, the ships will get up to 100% capacity, then they will probably enforce check in times.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Those embarking on second cruise 19 June appeared to be getting on very fast too.

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Those embarking on second cruise 19 June appeared to be getting on very fast too.

Reduced pax load and many already on board like you, doing B2B's. Makes for faster check in and embarkation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Reduced pax load and many already on board like you, doing B2B's. Makes for faster check in and embarkation.

If 26th is full capacity like someone said then it will be a good test

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

If 26th is full capacity like someone said then it will be a good test

49 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

🙁 awww I wanted to get on quickly 🥹

20 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Me tooooooooo 🤣

Me three!

• Haha 1