Princess Medallion

Firstly, ignore the question about 'travel number'. It isn't relevant.

On the next page it showed both our names at the top inside a circle with the shape of a person (well, head and shoulders anyway). My name was underlined. I then clicked on my husband's name (the under-lining shifted) and I got a new page to fill out. This is how it worked on several different sections.

If you both have a phone, maybe starting your husband's phone might be simpler. We share a phone.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think someone once said they had to put 'D.L.' then the number. I haven't use my driver's licence as ID so I am not sure. Maybe Julie can help.

This is what I did. DL and the number and expiry date. 

Just now, CDaze71 said:

This is what I did. DL and the number and expiry date. 

During the webinar Shaun just said you can just enter the number. He didn't say anything about DL needed so I just entered the numbers. It seemed to work OK. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Firstly, ignore the question about 'travel number'. It isn't relevant.

On the next page it showed both our names at the top inside a circle with the shape of a person (well, head and shoulders anyway). I then clicked on my husband's name and I got a new page to fill out.

Ok thanks

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Ok thanks

No I cannot get his photo up, although I do remember entering it.Perhaps I might delete all and start again? It does show he is my travelling companion though😩

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

No I cannot get his photo up, although I do remember entering it.Perhaps I might delete all and start again? It does show he is my travelling companion though😩

At least he appears. I am not trying to put our photos on. I will wait until I see my kids so one of them can do it. 🙂

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

This is what you should be seeing but without just a head silhouette inside the circles. The underline shows whose data is displayedvor being entered.

Screenshot_20220501-170736_MedallionClass.jpg

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

This is what you should be seeing but without just a head silhouette inside the circles. The underline shows whose data is displayedvor being entered.

Screenshot_20220501-170736_MedallionClass.jpg

Thanks but just showing mine!

4 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I don't know where you go from there. One possibility is to on the cruise on your own 😉. Someone else might have a solution for you. Geoff (Arxcards) seems to be working out how the Medallion works.

I don't think phoning Princess will help much. You would probably be on hold for a long time and I don't know if the person you would speak to would be able to help much.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know where you go from there. One possibility is to on the cruise on your own 😉. Someone else might have a solution for you. Geoff (Arxcards) seems to be working out how the Medallion works.

I don't think phoning Princess will help much. You would probably be on hold for a long time and I don't know if the person you would speak to would be able to help much.

Might delete and start again as I have two cruises to do and husband wants to come with me!🤣🤣🤣Thanks all, job for tomorrow, now might have to cook dinner.😩

• Haha 1

Just now, resordanis said:

Might delete and start again as I have two cruises to do and husband wants to come with me!🤣🤣🤣Thanks all, job for tomorrow, now might have to cook dinner.😩

I can understand that he wants to go with you. 😁 Try again tomorrow. Maybe the problems and solutions we are coming up with will help some others.

• Like 1

So is this correct?

For Princess, you don't need to link a vaccination certificate, just need to say you are fully vaccinated and show them your certificate (phone or printed) at the terminal.

13 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I presume your husband shows on your booking confirmation so it's strange the app isn't showing both of you.

What sort of phone are you using? 

It's probably worth uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

So is this correct?

For Princess, you don't need to link a vaccination certificate, just need to say you are fully vaccinated and show them your certificate (phone or printed) at the terminal.

Yes, under the health section there is a box you check to attest you have been vaccinated, then have your certificate ready to show them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Nah, just log into the personaliser and check whether your partner shows on the cruise there (most likely). Click on the chat app and explain your partner isn't showing up on the app. Be patient, as it may time out - just click and go again

I had problems with our Majestic cruise, deleted and re-installed and it made no difference. It was a glitch on their end, and fixed quickly once they spotted the error. All sorted now for Majestic, but I am having the same issues now with our new Coral booking not recognising our details. All good on the personaliser, but the number doesn't exist according to medallion

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, under the health section there is a box you check to attest you have been vaccinated, then have your certificate ready to show them.

Thanks, done that bit, but just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. I have been too pre-occupied with P&O's version which requires a digital copy to be uploaded, when the app goes live for them in a couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Nah, just log into the personaliser and check whether your partner shows on the cruise there (most likely). Click on the chat app and explain your partner isn't showing up on the app. Be patient, as it may time out - just click and go again

I had problems with our Majestic cruise, deleted and re-installed and it made no difference. It was a glitch on their end, and fixed quickly once they spotted the error. All sorted now for Majestic, but I am having the same issues now with our new Coral booking not recognising our details. All good on the personaliser, but the number doesn't exist according to medallion

Thanks will do tomorrow. I have added his photo previously but all now seems to be deleted. I am on the same Majestic cruise (I think) so no hurry but just like to have all these things sorted. 

Princess now allows you to do the Check-In info through a web page. There is a notation just adjacent to the Medallion App info. I had been struggling with the app for some time (my phone is quite slow), and found it much easier to use the web page. Same info required but much easier to work with.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, bonox55 said:

Princess now allows you to do the Check-In info through a web page. There is a notation just adjacent to the Medallion App info. I had been struggling with the app for some time (my phone is quite slow), and found it much easier to use the web page. Same info required but much easier to work with.

Cheers

That's interesting. I would probably find that easier.

For the past week or so, the "Try our web version" on the cruise personalizer hasn't been working for me and others are reporting the same issue. I keep getting this error message....Username or password is incorrect.

25 minutes ago, bonox55 said:

Princess now allows you to do the Check-In info through a web page.

Yeah you can do the check in via a browser-based page if you log into your princess.com login.  I did it this way as I find it easier to type on a proper keyboard.

The app is a dogs breakfast though - it took me a heck of a time to even successfully log on, and I fear that a majority of cruisers may not be as tech savvy or patient/stubborn as me hahaha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

.Username or password is incorrect.

For whatever reason, I have never been able to log onto the app or the web version using my princess.com login - I needed to log in using my booking number/birth date. Give that a try?

It's frustrating because my princess.com login clearly works - that's how I am able to click on the web link!!!

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I logged on to my Princess account, but as I have up-loaded nearly all the required information on my phone, I feel it might complicate matters if I start again on the web version. Maybe I will try it for our next cruise.

As far as I know, it all goes to the same place. So either version knows what you're up to - filling out information on one doesn't wipe out information on the other.