Princess Medallion

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My Medallion app worked very well for the first couple of days but is now sulking and won't load any of the info I want - account folio, drinks lists, what's on around the ship etc.

How frustrating when you are on holidays!

I hope you are enjoying your cruise.  

23 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

How frustrating when you are on holidays!

I hope you are enjoying your cruise.  

We're having a great time.

Just got a tip from Guest Services re getting your Medallion app to work better onboard. Sign out of it then sign in using Quick Access, entering your cabin number (instead of booking number), then name, and date of birth.

Screenshot_20220629-110903_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.b031a09f8cde32a93b399fb448033316.jpgScreenshot_20220629-111159_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.163bafd644c74684c33000af2418a57f.jpgScreenshot_20220629-111214_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.da4d3a98f2d6268245681f34d3ffce2e.jpgScreenshot_20220629-111227_MedallionClass.thumb.jpg.3a312f96993ccf9f4ce71179d71bb2b2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What a nightmare that medallion is, all the work in the lead up and on the cruise. Give me ye olde cruise card. 

One would have thought if Carnival Corporation were happy with the Medallion, they would have put it on every line/ship in their stable, i.e. P&O UK, P&O Australia, Cunard, Holland America, Costa, Carnival Cruise Line, etc, etc.

What say ye? 

Edited by NSWP

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What a nightmare that medallion is, all the work in the lead up and on the cruise. Give me ye olde cruise card. 

One would have thought if Carnival Corporation were happy with the Medallion, they would have put it on every line/ship in their stable, i.e. P&O UK, P&O Australia, Cunard, Holland America, Costa, Carnival Cruise Line, etc, etc.

What say ye? 

i would tend to agree with you. It would be nice if they offered the option of medallion vs card. One observation I will say and it is just my opinion is I think the medallion is a decent marketing attraction for the younger crowd and for families as a lot of the features seem to be pinpointed for them aka avatars on screens, ordering drinks and food anywhere for delivery, and built in messaging and tracking. 

24 minutes ago, Expo67 said:

i would tend to agree with you. It would be nice if they offered the option of medallion vs card. One observation I will say and it is just my opinion is I think the medallion is a decent marketing attraction for the younger crowd and for families as a lot of the features seem to be pinpointed for them aka avatars on screens, ordering drinks and food anywhere for delivery, and built in messaging and tracking. 

Yes, that was the gimmick. Something new & trendy. They could have done something similar by inserting an RFID chip into the cruise card.

In the end though, they accelerated the roll-out as it was contactless, and they are keen to have minimal contact these days. It still works like a cruise card, and you don't need to use any of the other features if you don't want to.

1 hour ago, Expo67 said:

You still have the option of a card. Just go to the purser's desk.

2 hours ago, Expo67 said:

Maybe they are getting ready for the millenniums who are coming!

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

What say ye? 

Actually I really like the medallion and when the app works properly it's far better than the old Princess@Sea intranet was.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually I really like the medallion and when the app works properly it's far better than the old Princess@Sea intranet was.

I don’t mind the half price rather than the Free 75 minutes cos I don’t have to wonder if I logged out or am running up extra costs if I forgot!!!

I also don’t mind at all ordering snacks, food, coffees and mocktails from anywhere  🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I loved the medallion, the check in was speedy

loved how it opened your door as you approached

loved ordering a snack delivered when I was having a few cocktails at Crooners.

loved ordering a coffee from anywhere at any time.

Cheers Carole

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

But the card won’t open the door anymore?? 🙄🤔

Yes, it will but you have to put it against the door sensor whereas the door senses your medallion approaching and unlocks the door just as you reach it.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

What say ye? 

It will happen eventually 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I bought a couple of those Apple airtag holders on Amazon and I just clip my medallion onto my handbag. I hate wearing lanyards and this way it's easily accessible.

20220629_163648.jpg

Julie can you remember the brand you bought? There's only about a million to choose from. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Julie can you remember the brand you bought? There's only about a million to choose from. 🙂

These were the ones we bought. They are quite good but you have to be careful the medallion doesn't start to slip out.

707811285_Screenshot_20220630-132118_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.cd1c5e3e58881059bd0a8db3bf59b6b9.jpg

There are two types of holders like this. The one we chose has a section on the ring that you push in to open, so it's very easy to clip on and off things. The other type is the classic keyring where you thread whatever you are attaching it to through the layers of the ring.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The continued frustrations of the Medallions continue. Patiently we have waited for 6 days after receiving an email with a USPS tracking # saying they were shipped. As we are now about 8 days from leaving to board the Island Princess in Southampton and the tracking says they are still in the same location they were 5 days ago at a post office in Carson City, CA we would call Princess and get the scoop. So after 45 mins we finally got a Medallion CSR who kindly after looking into it said their ability to look into the shipment was impossible since their software was malfunctioning. 🤣 Of course we know we can get new Medallions at the port but once again why are they subjecting their clients to the frustrations of this state of the art circle of frustration when a card worked perfectly well for decades. 🤔 Oh yes we know why … so they can sell items to carry the thing around and generate revenue. Thank you for allowing me to vent so my beloved can read their book in peace and quiet. 🤭

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I bought a couple of those Apple airtag holders on Amazon and I just clip my medallion onto my handbag. I hate wearing lanyards and this way it's easily accessible.

20220629_163648.jpg

very nice bad shot showing your lovely suite 🥰