Princess Medallion

23 hours ago, NSWP said:

Of course, I am in the medallion brigade, lol

I have been noticing the Princess fraternity has been a bit edgy over the last week.

Wasn’t it the full moon ?

I have noticed you all start howling about the medallion leading up to full moon.

image.gif.a063301b7e6b4a0b2fbbafa1553d7a22.gif

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have been noticing the Princess fraternity has been a bit edgy over the last week.

I have noticed you all start howling about the medallion leading up to full moon.

I realise you are just stirring, but it wasn't anything to do with the moon. With many of us going on our first Princess 'Medallion' cruise, we had to learn or work out how to navigate the system. Now that we have done that, the issue has gone rather quiet.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The media has indeed made things a bit edgy for Princess cruisers this week, and we know it has nothing to do with the medallion, which is a breeze once you have worked it and the linked covid requirements out.

There isn't a lot to talk happening with those fair-weather cruise lines ATM. Do you have a cruise booked on Royal later this year? We will all be in the same boat come October, and there will be another full moon then so that we can all howl together 😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't  howl at the moon, I howl to tell others so they know it is a full moon.

As long as the fleas don’t bother you mic ,I can’t see a problem .

but I would say a worldly sort of fellow like you. Would have some kind of protection.

46 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

As long as the fleas don’t bother you mic ,I can’t see a problem .

but I would say a worldly sort of fellow like you. Would have some kind of protection.

No fleas on me, I don't  lie with the dogs.

Seabands combined with the Medallion might help?

• Haha 1

This has probably been asked before but the app won't let me choose my drivers licence as my travel document. I thought Australians travelling on a domestic cruise could use licences for ID. I've tried the website too (both are frustrating as hell but the less said the better). They just come up with an option for passport details. I don't want to take our passports if we don't have to.

8 minutes ago, Brisbane47 said:

This has probably been asked before but the app won't let me choose my drivers licence as my travel document. I thought Australians travelling on a domestic cruise could use licences for ID. I've tried the website too (both are frustrating as hell but the less said the better). They just come up with an option for passport details. I don't want to take our passports if we don't have to.

Other people have reported that (on the domestic cruises where driver's licence is acceptable ID) they just type the driver's licence number on where the Medallion is asking for the passport number. One person typed 'DL' after the number and another person didn't add the 'DL'. See how you go.

We knew that we could use our driver's licences as ID, but we used our passports. At least it gave them an airing.

2 hours ago, Brisbane47 said:

Prior to the app, the online registration via the Princess personaliser page always asked for passport details, and ID for drivers licence or medicare number (for kids) was able to be entered in that space for domestic cruises.

Yes, the app is a bit clunky, but it is trying to abide by what is needed in various countries. collate vax & covid info, and then to access ship internet and ordering during the cruise. The efforts to refine it are probably more frustrating than leaving it alone, particularly when you need to redo information following a change. Once you have set it up, it does get easier for following cruises.

Edited by arxcards

• 2 weeks later...

I opened the medallion app this evening to check on a couple of things. Alas, all of our cruises had disappeared.

Resisting the urge to solve it, I waited and realised it is only a new moon, so the cruises all showed up again a couple of hours later.

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

I opened the medallion app this evening to check on a couple of things. Alas, all of our cruises had disappeared.

Resisting the urge to solve it, I waited and realised it is only a new moon, so the cruises all showed up again a couple of hours later.

Full moon is on the 12th ,give it another week and the medallion threads will be HOT.

Said it before, say it again all these issues I read about this cursed medallion. Pax are stressed out with it.   One place for it...Davy Jones Locker.

Standby for incoming from the Medallion Brigade, 🥈

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Said it before, say it again all these issues I read about this cursed medallion. Pax are stressed out with it.   One place for it...Davy Jones Locker.

RC has had a similar thing for years and it just crashes .

Back to the pen and paper,that’s if anyone can still write.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Standby for incoming from the Medallion Brigade, 🥈

No biggie. As long as it pays my bill and opens my door, it has already accomplished as much as a cruise card ever did, and most of the medallion functions are optional to use anyway. There is a way of driving it, and there have been a few hidden gems here that the stressed won't have seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Pen and paper.... no batteries need

One thing i never really understand.... is the constant need to move forward...

Are people never happy where they are or what they have ??

Ahhhhh ...... Consumerism     the need for something new and shiny

Don with Coffee

This new phrase you hear all the time...'Moving Forward.'   Bugs me.

Why is having something more efficient, easier to manage and overall better seen as being bad. That said, the medallion may not meet all the requirements of being better than the existing system.

Just keep both systems in pay until it is clear one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Why is having something more efficient, easier to manage and overall better seen as being bad. That said, the medallion may not meet all the requirements of being better than the existing system.

Just keep both systems in pay until it is clear one way or the other.

I don't see that there is any reason to have a negative attitude to the Medallion. Several of us found difficulties in adding all the info required, but I understand that if someone didn't want to do this, they can supply the info at the terminal, the way we did in the past. It just takes longer to check in. I have read that passengers can request a cruise card, but there would be no need to do so. We didn't use our Medallions on board to order anything. We each carried them so when we approached our cabin door, it magically unlocked and our photo showed up on the small screen beside the door. Similarly, when I went to the reception desk or the Captain's Circle host, they knew who I was because of the medallion in my pocket.

22 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't see that there is any reason to have a negative attitude to the Medallion. Several of us found difficulties in adding all the info required, but I understand that if someone didn't want to do this, they can supply the info at the terminal, the way we did in the past. It just takes longer to check in. I have read that passengers can request a cruise card, but there would be no need to do so. We didn't use our Medallions on board to order anything. We each carried them so when we approached our cabin door, it magically unlocked and our photo showed up on the small screen beside the door. Similarly, when I went to the reception desk or the Captain's Circle host, they knew who I was because of the medallion in my pocket.

Don’t you feel uncomfortable with being tracked ?

Disney had that 20 years ago and when you got back to your hotel or home .

They start trying to sell the details of your holiday to you. Where you where with photos.
I have nothing to hide but my privacy but It won’t be long before the cruise lines pick up on it.

Edited by Chiliburn

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Don’t you feel uncomfortable with being tracked ?

Disney had that 20 years ago and when you got back to your hotel or home .

They start trying to sell the details of your holiday to you. Where you where with photos.
I have nothing to hide but my privacy but It won’t be long before the cruise lines pick up on it.

I don't feel uncomfortable about the present system. Someone could track me on the ship if they wanted to, but would they? It helped me on one occasion when my husband wasn't at the entry to the dining room where we agreed to meet. I asked the host at the door if he had already gone into the dining room although I thought it was unlikely. He logged onto my Medallion, looked at his tablet and could tell me where my husband was. He had gone out onto the Promenade deck to take some photos. It saved me trying to figure out where he was - I just had to wait a while for him to turn up.

I wouldn't like to be contacted after my holiday with sales messages.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't feel uncomfortable about the present system. Someone could track me on the ship if they wanted to, but would they? It helped me on one occasion when my husband wasn't at the entry to the dining room where we agreed to meet. I asked the host at the door if he had already gone into the dining room although I thought it was unlikely. He logged onto my Medallion, looked at his tablet and could tell me where my husband was. He had gone out onto the Promenade deck to take some photos. It saved me trying to figure out where he was - I just had to wait a while for him to turn up.

I wouldn't like to be contacted after my holiday with sales messages.

I have no problem with being on camera for security reasons but the way it is with Disney is you agree to it . Otherwise you can’t enter their property.

They own all the information that they collect.

It’s probably the same with a cruise ship but at the moment they ask if you want a photo and you can buy it.

With Disney the wristbands trigger cameras and they take a picture.

I was shocked that they tracked me and the kids and photographed us.

Im probably paranoid but I would like the choice not to be photographed, especially the kids.

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have no problem with being on camera for security reasons but the way it is with Disney is you agree to it . Otherwise you can’t enter their property.

They own all the information that they collect.

It’s probably the same with a cruise ship but at the moment they ask if you want a photo and you can buy it.

With Disney the wristbands trigger cameras and they take a picture.

I was shocked that they tracked me and the kids and photographed us.

Im probably paranoid but I would like the choice not to be photographed, especially the kids.

I agree with your comments re Disney. For several years we have declined to have our photo taken when we are on a cruise ship. This isn't for privacy reasons but we know we won't buy the photos. The only exceptions were a few times when we chose to have group photos taken on formal night with members of our family. We bought these photos.

I was very annoyed on one Princess cruise we did. We were up on deck for sailaway and declined to have photos taken as we're not interested in buying them. The damn photographer took a sneaky shot of us in 3/4 profile then used it as the lead-in for their video which played in various places around the ship and on cabin TVs. I wasn't very hapoy about having our faces displayed all over the ship for the first couple of days.