Princess Medallion

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a real pain! You have to keep a really close eye on it. It doesn't give you very long to respond once the agent comes online.

The window's closed twice for me, "due to inactivity"! Not my inactivity as I've had it there on my screen for ages. No one's come to reply, and I can't click SUBMIT for my query as there's no one there. The phone has nearly gone through the window, followed by the desktop computer, but finally managed to get green ticks for everything. That's taken several sessions over days. 

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

All of us on the roll call for 26th June have the earliest time for embarkation but probably most of the pax don't know they can select a time. 😉 That will change.

Would love to know how to select the arrival time if anyone can help. Our cruise is in August 2022 and I thought that now is too soon to choose arrival groups. But a Princess email I received today says "You'll now find check-in and preference selections in the MedallionClass app". I assume this means we can select our group, but have been trying to do it since 8.50 this morning.

Ah ha... Husband just got it on the app and it says "sorry there are no groups to choose from" for early, mid and late. Does this actually mean all are full, or that the choice isn't yet available?

2 minutes ago, sofmall said:

The window's closed twice for me, "due to inactivity"! Not my inactivity as I've had it there on my screen for ages. No one's come to reply, and I can't click SUBMIT for my query as there's no one there. The phone has nearly gone through the window, followed by the desktop computer, but finally managed to get green ticks for everything. That's taken several sessions over days. 

Ahh, how good is technology.

Very hit & miss on the chat, but I tend to get luckiest around 3:30pm. They just don't have enough service desk staff to cope with the numbers that are opening chat windows, so yes, it is their inactivity that causes it to time out.

• Like 1

Just now, sofmall said:

Would love to know how to select the arrival time if anyone can help. Our cruise is in August 2022 and I thought that now is too soon to choose arrival groups. But a Princess email I received today says "You'll now find check-in and preference selections in the MedallionClass app". I assume this means we can select our group, but have been trying to do it since 8.50 this morning.

Ah ha... Husband just got it on the app and it says "sorry there are no groups to choose from" for early, mid and late. Does this actually mean all are full, or that the choice isn't yet available?

It is in the app now instead of the personaliser which is what i think they meant with the email. I am reading here that these become active for choosing at 60 days (or was it 50) from departure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofmall said:

You're too early. It opened up for us at day 59. I was watching the clock as it clicked over from 60 days to 59 days and it didn't work straight away. It became available about 3 and a half hours after that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sofmall said:

Yesterday I had the window on the live chat close four times before I finally succeeded. This morning (about an hour ago) I got through, probably just before the window was due to close.

I understand your frustration with the mobile and the PC. My husband would not have had the patience to do it, but I have persevered over a few days and finally got a column of nine green ticks. We will be in the green lane.🙂

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I understand your frustration with the mobile and the PC. My husband would not have had the patience to do it, but I have persevered over a few days and finally got a column of nine green ticks. We will be in the green lane.🙂

Over many days I've got us in the green lane, via desktop computer which I sometimes could log into  😉 
Does green lane just refer to the fact that all the ticks are green?

4 minutes ago, sofmall said:

It is too soon to choose an arrival time for an August cruise. Our first cruise is 26th June. We were able to choose our departure time slot 60 days before the cruise. The time slots opened around 10pm, but the earliest time slot (11am - 11.30am) was still available several days later. The time slot for the end of the cruise hasn't opened yet even though it is within 60 days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

You're too early. It opened up for us at day 59. I was watching the clock as it clicked over from 60 days to 59 days and it didn't work straight away. It became available about 3 and a half hours after that.

Thank goodness! The wording in today's email made me think that it was available today. I'd been expecting maybe 60 days out as I've seen posts from others saying that, but then the email made me wonder.

• Like 1

Just now, sofmall said:

Over many days I've got us in the green lane, via desktop computer which I sometimes could log into  😉 
Does green lane just refer to the fact that all the ticks are green?

No. The discussion on the webinar indicated that people who are in the green lane will have an expedited check-in. Others will have to sort out issues in the terminal. Maybe they will actually have a sign 'green lane'. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sofmall said:

Thank goodness! The wording in today's email made me think that it was available today. I'd been expecting maybe 60 days out as I've seen posts from others saying that, but then the email made me wonder.

After I received the email from Princess today, I logged on for a live chat to answer the question in the timing of the health questionnaire (more than 24 hours before boarding) and the RAT test (within 24 hours). I also said that reference is made to 'boarding' but we only have a check in time and would have to estimate our boarding time.

The agent mentioned that we can select a boarding time (we have already) 30 days before the cruise. Apparently they don't keep their stories straight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It is in the app now instead of the personaliser which is what i think they meant with the email. I am reading here that these become active for choosing at 60 days (or was it 50) from departure

Thank you! So it doesn't mean that a horde of people have wrestled with the app this morning and chosen every single arrival slot, and we'll be left on the dock. Now I can relax and go get some lunch. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

We're twins! I saw your avatar and remembered I'd put into the app a pic of me with flower in my hair, so quickly made it my Cruise Critic avatar. Actually did it whilst waiting for Princess to pick up my phone call, so I didn't have to hurry. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

After I received the email from Princess today, I logged on for a live chat to answer the question in the timing of the health questionnaire (more than 24 hours before boarding) and the RAT test (within 24 hours). I also said that reference is made to 'boarding' but we only have a check in time and would have to estimate our boarding time.

The agent mentioned that we can select a boarding time (we have already) 30 days before the cruise. Apparently they don't keep their stories straight.

The whole check-in / boarding process is supposed to be very quick if you've got green lane using the app so the terms are probably interchangeable.

One of my bookings the app didn’t recognise my details so I got onto live chat and after a bit of a wait they fixed up the problem so now I have 4 bookings in the app

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:32 AM, Aus Traveller said:

It took me about a dozen tries before it would accept the country code. Maybe the only suggestion I have is that you try again later.

The system just accepted our photos and has rewarded me with another green tick.

Good one getting a tick for your photos. I've  tried & tried & no matter what I try will not accept. 

Do you have any advice on what size they want? I've managed it get profile photos up but won't accept the security photos 🤔

13 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Good one getting a tick for your photos. I've  tried & tried & no matter what I try will not accept. 

Do you have any advice on what size they want? I've managed it get profile photos up but won't accept the security photos 🤔

Our photos are not large. My husband's photo is 348 KB but mine is only 20 KB. Maybe I don't want them to see me too clearly. 😁

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Our photos are not large. My husband's photo is 348 KB but mine is only 20 KB. Maybe I don't want them to see me too clearly. 😁

Ok thanks. 

It's just got me stumped as to why one lot of photos are accepted & the others not. They are all coming from my phone.

26 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Ok thanks. 

It's just got me stumped as to why one lot of photos are accepted & the others not. They are all coming from my phone.

My photo, 630 KB, was accepted immediately, my husband's was accepted but it displayed badly. So I cropped it a little and replaced his first photo and it earned a red warning. It was 570 KB. I removed it and re -entered it and then it worked.
I think it might be the system, not you. Maybe close the app and re-open?

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

No. The discussion on the webinar indicated that people who are in the green lane will have an expedited check-in. Others will have to sort out issues in the terminal. Maybe they will actually have a sign 'green lane'. 😁

Expedited check-in, which would be better in the US where you get to walk up with your medallion already in your possession. From what I gather, you need the green line to get into the terminal. Those that don't have it need to have their health screening and vaxx status proved before they can enter the terminal. Once inside, there is still the priority line for suites and elites, which I gather you will have well and truly attained.

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

I had no trouble getting profile photos uploaded for myself and son but although my photo was ok for security I have been trying for around 2 months to load son's security photo.  Just keeps saying "try again later."  We have tried several different photos but no luck.  When I loaded mine it asked if I would like to use the same photo.  Of course I said yes.

Just now, arxcards said:

Expedited check-in, which would be better in the US where you get to walk up with your medallion already in your possession. From what I gather, you need the green line to get into the terminal. Those that don't have it need to have their health screening and vaxx status proved before they can enter the terminal. Once inside, there is still the priority line for suites and elites, which I gather you will have well and truly attained.

We had attained elite status before 2009.🙂 I don't know which year.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

We had attained elite status before 2009.🙂 I don't know which year.

Well, fair to say you get more than expedited with the green line.

Makes me wonder these days - I get the feeling the black medallion line will be longer than the general check-in line.

• Haha 1