Princess Medallion

My guess is you'll pick up your Medallion showing your photo id, then go through the green lane showing your medallion and vaccination certificate, then go straight through security and onto the ship. 

I think it will be very fast. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

My guess is you'll pick up your Medallion showing your photo id, then go through the green lane showing your medallion and vaccination certificate, then go straight through security and onto the ship.

Sounds good. 👍 Can hardly wait.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You will prove your vaxx status to get into the green line, as they are not going to be giving medallions to anyone disqualified from boarding. Then to the green line at the check-in counter where you will pick up your medallion, or the slow line for those to get their photo taken etc before getting their medallion.

Whether there is a delay before the call for boarding - it will depend whether the ship is ready. Easy for day one, delayed if anyone sneezed on the previous cruise. Then security and the ship.

Yes, I also think it should be quick & painless for the green line, except maybe the first one. This is all new to the staff, and they have either been on hiatus for over 2 years, or brand new for the start of the new season. We get the Sydney version, and are ready to be tolerant in case of an interesting boarding experience.

Also to speed things up - only half the usual numbers for boarding, as long as they also don't halve the staff in the terminal.

23 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

I GOT IT TO WORK !!!
You know how I haven't been able to get in to the Online version of the "try our web version" of the app, I just got in. TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
I had been trying to access it though Google Chrome, and it kept saying Username or password is incorrect. As soon as I logged in the Princess.com via Microsoft EDGE, then I tried the web version and I got in straight away. And all Green Ticks are there. 

I’ll certainly give it a go cos I’m stuck on the same msg. Also the app shows our 4 B2B as one cruise all green lane but still no medallion order. Yet in cruise personaliser in the individual listed B2B cruises, first one is showing green Kane completed, other 3 are showing incomplete! 
interestingly our Oct 22 cruise is showing green lane complete too!!! So maybe it’s just cos we’re b2b

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

I’ll certainly give it a go cos I’m stuck on the same msg. Also the app shows our 4 B2B as one cruise all green lane but still no medallion order. Yet in cruise personaliser in the individual listed B2B cruises, first one is showing green Kane completed, other 3 are showing incomplete! 
interestingly our Oct 22 cruise is showing green lane complete too!!! So maybe it’s just cos we’re b2b

NOTHING! Microsoft edge just the same. Maybe I should try safari on my phone???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Nope, lets me log in but still all just shows as one cruise green lane but no medallion order

14 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

NOTHING! Microsoft edge just the same. Maybe I should try safari on my phone???

If you can see that cruise OK on the Princess personaliser, but not on the app or web page surrogate,  talk or chat to Princess. For whatever reason, some bookings carry some sort of blip that prevents them being accessed in medallion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello I've had success at last adding our security photos. In the end i was just trying any random photo.  So the one they excepted of Joe has him holding up 2 big fish in front of his face...totally not security worthy in my eyes🤣 & mine is of me camping in Tasmania standing in front of a waterfall looking a tad scruffy. Neither are my first choice as security photos but I'm not game to change them.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Hello I've had success at last adding our security photos. In the end i was just trying any random photo.  So the one they excepted of Joe has him holding up 2 big fish in front of his face...totally not security worthy in my eyes🤣 & mine is of me camping in Tasmania standing in front of a waterfall looking a tad scruffy. Neither are my first choice as security photos but I'm not game to change them.

If they don't like it they can take a new one at the port! 🙂

Though your danger is that Joe will have to bring 2 big fish everywhere with him otherwise they will refuse to serve him anything.

• Haha 7

I learned a bit more about my apparent glitches today via chat. For both bookings the app did not recognise the booking number when I tried to add the cruise to our account, but for two different reasons.

- The first was a swapover cruise from the cancellation of Royal Princess. Everything swapped over, except the medallion system did not see a deposit, and didn't recognise it

- The second was a recent booking for Coral, and it takes a few days for the deposit from the T/A to be confirmed with Princess. While the cruise personaliser displays the cruise from the time of booking, it will not link to the app until a deposit has been confirmed.

For anyone who has transferred one of their cancelled cruises and gets an error when they try to access it on the app, it isn't necessarily the app that is the cause of your angst.

I just logged on to the app, and boy was I swearing. Half of our info had disappeared, so grrrr. Then I realised I was filling it in for our new booking, so by a sense of timing, both bookings are there now.

This is how the multiple bookings show on the app. If your booking has been recognised correctly by the app, they will all show down the left side under My Journeys. If not there, click the + and see if it will accept. If not, it is something Princess can solve.

medallion.thumb.jpg.646d883c392f8ac976d88bf346c8e5ad.jpg

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

I just logged on to the app, and boy was I swearing. Half of our info had disappeared, so grrrr. Then I realised I was filling it in for our new booking, so by a sense of timing, both bookings are there now.

This is how the multiple bookings show on the app. If your booking has been recognised correctly by the app, they will all show down the left side under My Journeys. If not there, click the + and see if it will accept. If not, it is something Princess can solve.

medallion.thumb.jpg.646d883c392f8ac976d88bf346c8e5ad.jpg

Thanks. I will try that. Up to now, when I use my phone to open the Medallion app, the system shows my several bookings only in the section on arrival and departure times. This feature isn't shown at all when I open Medallion on my PC.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I have been ploughing through the requirements to register details on the Princess Medallion app. I don't know what to put for Travel Information. So far I have "starting your journey" (one of the two options), "Private Car" then "Own car". Does this page only have to be filled out if we have bought Princess transfers? Otherwise some of the questions are silly.

My husband has lost patience with the Medallion app. He grumbled "We have to spend two weeks filling out stuff for a one week cruise".

I just booked a cruise and struggled with this same screen. I then went and bought a flight on EZair and it magically (?) appeared on this page. SO my guess is this is only for Princess transfers.

Previously I had selected Own Car and it kept saying the date is wrong. Why would I go to the terminal a day early?

Also, you can now ignore the phone APP. They have updated the website to allow the information to be entered in your browser.

Eric

Medallion APP.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MandE66 said:

I just booked a cruise and struggled with this same screen. I then went and bought a flight on EZair and it magically (?) appeared on this page. SO my guess is this is only for Princess transfers.

Previously I had selected Own Car and it kept saying the date is wrong. Why would I go to the terminal a day early?

Also, you can now ignore the phone APP. They have updated the website to allow the information to be entered in your browser.

Eric

Medallion APP.jpg

Several of us have been using the web browser on our PC. I think that option has been there for quite some time.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks. I will try that. Up to now, when I use my phone to open the Medallion app, the system shows my several bookings only in the section on arrival and departure times. This feature isn't shown at all when I open Medallion on my PC.

Correct, it only shows the one booking on the PC surrogate page. I don't know if they will update that at a later stage

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I only see them in that section too but can switch between cruises by selecting from there. When I switch to a different cruise the ticks for 1, 3, and 5 stay green but 2 (choosing the medallion stuff) and 4 (boarding time) have to be re-entered  

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I only see them in that section too but can switch between cruises by selecting from there. When I switch to a different cruise the ticks for 1, 3, and 5 stay green but 2 (choosing the medallion stuff) and 4 (boarding time) have to be re-entered  

How did you switch to a different cruise? When I started at the Personalizer for the 'second' cruise and went into the Medallion link, I got my info and green ticks, but the date at the time is that of the 'first' cruise. did you do this on your phone or PC?

Edited by Aus Traveller

I up-loaded our security photos a few days ago and had a green tick. This morning, the tick had been replaced by a red exclamation mark. On checking further, I found that it was Peter's photo that was rejected. After I reduced it from 348 KB to 130 KB, I got the green tick again.🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

How did you switch to a different cruise? When I started at the Personalizer for the 'second' cruise and went into the Medallion link, I got my info and green ticks, but the date at the time is that of the 'first' cruise. did you do this on your phone or PC?

Phone.

I clicked on the second cruise in the arrival section then went back to the main screen. Yes, it still showed the date and countdown for the first cruise but ticks 2 and 4 had changed. I didn't try doing anything else at that time but went back in and changed back to the first cruise.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Phone.

I clicked on the second cruise in the arrival section then went back to the main screen. Yes, it still showed the date and countdown for the first cruise but ticks 2 and 4 had changed. I didn't try doing anything else at that time but went back in and changed back to the first cruise.

Thanks very much. I will try that now.

Where would we all be without this mutual help?????????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I up-loaded our security photos a few days ago and had a green tick. This morning, the tick had been replaced by a red exclamation mark. On checking further, I found that it was Peter's photo that was rejected. After I reduced it from 348 KB to 130 KB, I got the green tick again.🙂

That's weird. The photos I uploaded were 1.35Mb and 2.05Mb and so far haven't been rejected.