Princess Medallion

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I up-loaded our security photos a few days ago and had a green tick. This morning, the tick had been replaced by a red exclamation mark. On checking further, I found that it was Peter's photo that was rejected. After I reduced it from 348 KB to 130 KB, I got the green tick again.🙂

I think they have recently reduced the sizes of the pics. I had no problem adding large pics when we had our Royal Princess booking, but couldn't get them to upload last night. They only need to be passport-like, so I reduced their size to under 100kb, and bobs your uncle, they saved.

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Phone.

I clicked on the second cruise in the arrival section then went back to the main screen. Yes, it still showed the date and countdown for the first cruise but ticks 2 and 4 had changed. I didn't try doing anything else at that time but went back in and changed back to the first cruise.

That works like magic. 👍 Thanks very much. 😁

The personal info is stored and is there for the next cruise. I just have to choose the Medallion wearable, arrival and departure times, and complete the health status section. I now have the answer to the question I asked on the Live Chat with a Princess rep. He wasn't able to answer it and an expert was supposed to contact me. Didn't happen.

Edited by Aus Traveller

That works like magic. 👍 Thanks very much. 😁

The personal info is stored and is there for the next cruise. I just have to choose the Medallion wearable, arrival and departure times, and complete the health status section. I now have the answer to the question I asked on the Live Chat with a Princess rep. He wasn't able to answer it and an expert was supposed to contact me. Didn't happen.

Some of the things I learnt over many years as a software developer come in useful at times even though the technology has changed immensely. 😁

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some of the things I learnt over many years as a software developer come in useful at times even though the technology has changed immensely. 😁

Thanks. I am finding that your advice, and also advice from Geoff, are very helpful.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks. I will try that. Up to now, when I use my phone to open the Medallion app, the system shows my several bookings only in the section on arrival and departure times. This feature isn't shown at all when I open Medallion on my PC.

I see both my bookings there in the arr/dep times too. If you have them there, you should be able to access each on the app from your profile screen. When you open the app, tap your profile pic in top left corner to get the above screen.

If you log into the medallion web page with your booking number instead of your app email/password, you might be able to access each booking that way too (I haven't tried).

I think we will all get there in the end, but you would think this had all been fully road tested by Princess by now.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I see both my bookings there in the arr/dep times too. If you have them there, you should be able to access each on the app from your profile screen. When you open the app, tap your profile pic in top left corner to get the above screen.

If you log into the medallion web page with your booking number instead of your app email/password, you might be able to access each booking that way too (I haven't tried).

I think we will all get there in the end, but you would think this had all been fully road tested by Princess by now.

Thanks. I managed to access future bookings by going from the cruises listed on the arrivals/departure page of our June cruise. All good.

I agree that Princess has been running the Medallion app for a few years in other parts of the world and I would have thought it would have been road tested and running well by now. However, we are getting there. 🙂 My husband would not have had the patience.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Arrgh! As simple as that! That was the one thing I didn't think to click on. <facepalm> 😳

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arxcards said:

When I log in using the booking number for the second cruise, I get the opening page of the Medallion with a column of green ticks, but the date of the first cruise at the top.

53 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

an expert was supposed to contact me

I'm sorry to have to tell you this... But technically you're the expert now 😄 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

When I log in using the booking number for the second cruise, I get the opening page of the Medallion with a column of green ticks, but the date of the first cruise at the top.

Oh well, much harder to work ahead on the medallion web page.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

I have gone into web version using safari via phone (not via app) and able to access it. Our 4xB2B June 16-July 3 have sep booking numbers. No matter which booking number I put in, it all shows as one booking with whole dates. No medallion order happening but green ticks the whole way

• Like 2

Mine is logged on using the booking number and I'm terrified to make any sort of change... so we'll see what happens if/when I do another Princess cruise later in the future 🙂 

Something is messed up behind the scenes with all their logins and bookings and sometimes the systems can't seem to link them properly. My guess is that they are working on databases and legacy systems from the 90s and the work to get them all aligned properly is just too hard so they just bandaid it up each time. And so far.. it hasn't collapsed in a screaming fit.. but that's probably due to luck more than good management.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I just login with my regular login.

I think the date etc at the top is essentially  countdown timer to your first cruise. if so, it's a bit confusing.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just login with my regular login.

I think the date etc at the top is essentially  countdown timer to your first cruise. if so, it's a bit confusing.

The date that I am referring to is above our security pics on the page that has the green ticks. It says

Coral Princess

Jun 26 - Jul 03, 2022

That comes up even when I log on with the booking number of the next cruise. However, you explained how I could get around it by going to the 'arrival-departure' section and clicking on the next cruise that is shown there. I still find it puzzling that when I start off at that next cruise, it takes me to the full info page of the first cruise.

The date that I am referring to is above our security pics on the page that has the green ticks. It says

Coral Princess

Jun 26 - Jul 03, 2022

That comes up even when I log on with the booking number of the next cruise. However, you explained how I could get around it by going to the 'arrival-departure' section and clicking on the next cruise that is shown there. I still find it puzzling that when I start off at that next cruise, it takes me to the full info page of the first cruise.

Mine comes up OK when I use the list that pops up after clicking in my profile pic at the top right. It even shows the correct countdown timer. 

Try that.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Mine comes up OK when I use the list that pops up after clicking in my profile pic at the top right. It even shows the correct countdown timer. 

Try that.

On which page is the profile pic on the top right? I have only seen the page where it is in the centre. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

On the 'OceanReady Profile' page there is a list of the booked cruises on the left with the first one (26 Jun) highlighted. I moved to the next one that yesterday had a row of green ticks. Now it only has one on MedallionPay. It isn't urgent. Maybe if I wait another day or two, the ticks will re-appear. I am just trying to master the system, but it isn't making it easy.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Now when I go through it again, the green ticks appear. It's only missing the 'Paswsage contract ...' Wow - this system is not only frustrating, it is fickle.

Yes, it's a bit flaky. It's come up differently a couple of times for me. There is no obvious logic why it's doing that.

• Haha 1